What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM 2010 - 15.2.. very buggy, cant receive files, video chat doesnt work

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
WLM 2010 - 15.2.. very buggy, cant receive files, video chat doesnt work
Author: Message:
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: WLM 2010 - 15.2.. very buggy, cant receive files, video chat doesnt work
quote:
Originally posted by sq1
Maybe this was caused by the patch used to signin with the wave 3 protocol? don't know who made it, but i think that can be the cause...

Correct, that is definitely the cause.

@dskilll: the problem is caused by signing into the new messenger by using the patch...removing the patch doesn't change the fact that you have signed in and something has happened to your account.

To anyone else who reads this who hasn't tried the patch..don't.  WLM 2010/Wave 4/WLM 12 is ONLY designed to be used by official WLM testers at the moment and the strange things happening are because you're illegally hacking into a piece of software you're not meant to be using.

When a public beta is released, it will be safe to use.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5222 days, 8 hours, 26 minutes, 46 seconds ago
03-26-2010 06:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
sq1

Maybe a re-patch can help to correct what the 1st one screwed?...

I remember that after using the patch once, if you uninstall Wave 4 and reinstall it again it doesn't need to be patched again! So... the patch did something to our accounts the 1st time.

Anyone know the guy who made it??

This post was edited on 03-27-2010 at 02:21 AM by sq1.
03-26-2010 10:19 PM
Spazy

O.P. RE: WLM 2010 - 15.2.. very buggy, cant receive files, video chat doesnt work
That makes very good sense... hmmm sounds like we are in the shit for good then?
03-27-2010 04:21 PM
Spazy

O.P. RE: WLM 2010 - 15.2.. very buggy, cant receive files, video chat doesnt work
No one has found a way to fix this? no work around? no way to get it back to normal ?

has to be something we can do :O

getting annoyed, i cant receive any files hehe
04-03-2010 03:18 PM
davidm_silva

Yeah, I know my english is terrible.

– / Male / Flag
It all depends on servers. What do I mean?
Why do you think users can no longer log in to Windows Live Messenger 8.X or previous? Because the connection address and ports used by this clients are now closed. Webmessenger apps are configured to connect only to a certain port and address that corresponds to MSN's default (Windows Messenger of Windows XP).
However, WLM 2009 is able to connect to WLM 2010's servers, and that's what is causing this mess. Servers receive connection attempts from users and save those definitions to increase the sign in speed. However, if you connect to a "buggy" or unauthorized server, that will be the server where you will sign in in the future. Somehow confusing, right?
I belive this WLM 2010 patch ables your account to connect to Windows Messenger's servers, but I need to go deeper in an investigation, wich I'll take care as soon as I can.
04-03-2010 11:32 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Spazy
No one has found a way to fix this? no work around? no way to get it back to normal ?

has to be something we can do :O

getting annoyed, i cant receive any files hehe
Well, technically having WLM2010 is illegal..

..so meh.
04-04-2010 01:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
James Potter

64 / Male / Flag
What the patch does, according to my understanding, is change two bytes in the memory that function as a "dogfood" check for your e-mail accounts. Whereas, without patching WLM, upon sign in, WLM checks if the provided e-mail address is part of the dogfood testing, and if so, the connection will pass to MSNP20, if not, the connection is rejected. When WLM is patched, this "check" is eliminated, so you automatically sign in  to MSNP20 regardless of your authority.

Therefore, as David M. Silva said, using WLM2009 won't downgrade your use of MSNP20.

[Image: 29dtmhs.png]
04-04-2010 01:34 PM
Spazy

O.P. RE: RE: WLM 2010 - 15.2.. very buggy, cant receive files, video chat doesnt work
quote:
Originally posted by James Potter
What the patch does, according to my understanding, is change two bytes in the memory that function as a "dogfood" check for your e-mail accounts. Whereas, without patching WLM, upon sign in, WLM checks if the provided e-mail address is part of the dogfood testing, and if so, the connection will pass to MSNP20, if not, the connection is rejected. When WLM is patched, this "check" is eliminated, so you automatically sign in  to MSNP20 regardless of your authority.

Therefore, as David M. Silva said, using WLM2009 won't downgrade your use of MSNP20.

thanks for clearing it up :) i understand know what has happened and why it is "broken" do you know anyway to unpatch it?
sounds like the account will not work til WLM2010 is released, is that so? :(

04-04-2010 03:15 PM
davidm_silva

Yeah, I know my english is terrible.

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: WLM 2010 - 15.2.. very buggy, cant receive files, video chat doesnt work
quote:
Originally posted by Spazy
quote:
Originally posted by James Potter

thanks for clearing it up :) i understand know what has happened and why it is "broken" do you know anyway to unpatch it?
sounds like the account will not work til WLM2010 is released, is that so? :(

No. Probably when a public BETA gets released, and if this public BETA fixes the Private Beta's bugs, the problem will probably be solved.
04-04-2010 03:19 PM
sq1

Today my options are back, i can receive files, nudges and winks again!!!! weee :P
04-07-2010 09:42 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: