What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM 2010 - 15.2.. very buggy, cant receive files, video chat doesnt work

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
WLM 2010 - 15.2.. very buggy, cant receive files, video chat doesnt work
Author: Message:
Spazy

O.P. WLM 2010 - 15.2.. very buggy, cant receive files, video chat doesnt work
As it is no surprise the leaked version is very buggy and it uses a lot of resources, but i do like it, it though needs a lot of polish before it is useful..

though i went back to messenger 2009 but i have the same problem as many other people. it will not let me accept files and also if i make video calls, the one in the other end cant see me. but i can see them..

I have figured out that it is nothing on my pc. i have erased everything msn related, used cleaners, and registercleaner, doesnt work.. i then tried with another hotmail account on the same pc, and now it all works, i can receive files and make video calls. (do i go back to the other hotmail account, the problem is still there)

so yeah something on their servers has changed, updated some files or something..

i did though find out something.. if i log in to hotmail in IE and logged in to web messenger, and then logged in to windows live messenger client then i can receive files, but webcam still doesnt work both ways :(

any ideas ?

This post was edited on 03-24-2010 at 08:31 PM by Spazy.
03-24-2010 08:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
RE: WLM 2010 - 15.2.. very buggy, cant receive files, video chat doesnt work
Yeah, so these problems are for WLM 2009?
03-24-2010 08:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Spazy

O.P. RE: WLM 2010 - 15.2.. very buggy, cant receive files, video chat doesnt work
No these problems occur after installing WLM 2010. Something happens to the Live account that makes it differ in version than all the others so you cant receive files, not have video call..

It doesnt work in WLM 2010 and if you go back to WLM 2009 the problem is still there. Tried everything, the problem is not on my pc. 
03-24-2010 09:07 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Can you confirm you still have these issues when you log on into Messenger 2009 on another PC which didn't have 2010 installed previously? Although it is not impossible for Microsoft to change your credentials on the server side, it seems unlikely. Seems more likely to me despite the thorough cleanup you still missed something.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
03-24-2010 09:23 PM
Spazy

O.P. RE: WLM 2010 - 15.2.. very buggy, cant receive files, video chat doesnt work
Another guy on this form mentioned he reinstalled his pc and it still didnt work.. so it has to be the account it self.

Personally I havnt tried on another computer yet.. But i tried WLM 2009 in virtual xp, still the same problem.

Everything does work if i use the same WLM 2009 (on the same computer without changing anything) with another hotmail/live account. then it all works.. so it again seems like it is server side.

maybe is i set it up like this it is easier to understand what i mean:

acount1@hotmail.com i used this with WLM2010, cant receive files and video call doesnt work. downgrade to WLM2009, problem is still there.

Try Account2@hotmail.com on same WLM2009 client everything works, can receive files and make video calls..

this all seems so weird and i do agree with you, it sounds very unlikely the problem is on their servers. but that is the only conclusion i can get with my tests and what i have read from other people on here..
03-24-2010 10:00 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
Moral of the story: Don't install extremely buggy, leaked and early software ;) :D
03-24-2010 10:03 PM
Spazy

O.P. RE: RE: WLM 2010 - 15.2.. very buggy, cant receive files, video chat doesnt work
quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc
Moral of the story: Don't install extremely buggy, leaked and early software ;) :D

hahhaa yeah i know xD

i was expecting it to be buggy and was prepared to reinstall my OS as a worst case scenario.. I though never thought it would fuck up my live account like that :O

i have no idea what i can do to get it back to normal.. guess have to wait to another leak.. maybe that will help on it :P at least in august when the final version is out i will have my account again haha

oh well. we learn as long as we live :D

03-24-2010 10:08 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
Ain't you suppose to patch it before entering account details?
03-24-2010 10:14 PM
Spazy

O.P. RE: RE: WLM 2010 - 15.2.. very buggy, cant receive files, video chat doesnt work
quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc
Ain't you suppose to patch it before entering account details?

what do you mean?

WLM 2010 doesnt work until you use a patch...
03-24-2010 10:15 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
It does, but only if your account is on the 'list'.

When I read the article that leaked it I thought patching it saved problems, but now I've realised it allows non testers access to the program(s).
03-24-2010 10:18 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: