What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Lost messages

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
Lost messages
Author: Message:
Ross

RE: Lost messages
3 days after router change - no messages lost. So I can say that UPnP really matters in this problem.
02-24-2010 02:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Schnappi

I tried enabling UPnP but after sometime, messenger detects it as"You are connected to the internet through a non-UPnP port restricted NAT" again... not a permanent solution i guess
03-01-2010 06:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
gaara20

Im having this problem to. It seems some messages dont reach me and some of my messages dont reach the destination, It doesn't say "unable to send message", it doesnt say anything. This is quite bad, because sometimes it can kill a conversion, because the contact doesnt reply when you have indded send a message but he didnt receive so hes "waiting for your reply".
04-15-2010 12:23 AM
Spazy

RE: RE: Lost messages
quote:
Originally posted by gaara20
Im having this problem to. It seems some messages dont reach me and some of my messages dont reach the destination, It doesn't say "unable to send message", it doesnt say anything. This is quite bad, because sometimes it can kill a conversion, because the contact doesnt reply when you have indded send a message but he didnt receive so hes "waiting for your reply".

yes exactly, this has happened to me many many times.. actually it has started some fights with my girlfriend, which btw is in another continent at the moment :P. so yeah since she, or i, have gotten just a part of the messages, there can be a huge misunderstanding at times.

this is very unacceptable me thinks :O
04-15-2010 10:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Schnappi

But the msn team doesn not seem to care about this issue because i think it only affects a pretty small percentage of users..or maybe big enough but it does not warrant attention because some people do not know they are actually having this problem.

I think this only happens if you are behind a router though :\
04-17-2010 06:47 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Schnappi
But the msn team doesn not seem to care about this issue because i think it only affects a pretty small percentage of users..or maybe big enough but it does not warrant attention because some people do not know they are actually having this problem.

They care very much about it and it always warrants attention (their own personal words, said in person when we talked about it). Which is logical as this is the core business of what they do: delivering messages.

The problem is however that not many people report such issues (or know how to) and if they report it, the problems are very hard to debug. Partially because you can not reproduce it out of the blue.

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?forumid=44...-9b88-c214cbe3f8c1
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-17-2010 09:47 AM
Schnappi

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?forumid=44...-9b88-c214cbe3f8c1

So should we post our problem at the link you provided above?

If there's an easy and foolproof way to send them WLM's connection logs, that would be useful to them would they? Assuming there are no privacy concerns. But I am not sure the log is enough to trace the root of the problem.
04-17-2010 02:52 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?forumid=4424d5eb-daab-43c3-9b88-c214cbe3f8c1

So should we post our problem at the link you provided above?
Yup.... Find a thread with the exact same problem (note: make absolute sure you have the _exact_ problem), or create a new one.

People from Windows Live Support and other 'officials' (like some MVPs) are present there and might be able to help you further. You recognize them by the "Windows Live" prefix in there name.

quote:
If there's an easy and foolproof way to send them WLM's connection logs, that would be useful to them would they? Assuming there are no privacy concerns. But I am not sure the log is enough to trace the root of the problem.
Yes. If they need such logs they will ask for them and you'll be able to send it to them. But indeed, never send such logs just out of the blue on public forums though, as they can contain private information from you and your contacts.

Also note that on those official forums the WL Support people can start a private thread/message system with you if it is needed.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-17-2010 03:44 PM
gaara20

RE: RE: Lost messages
quote:

Yes, im behind a router, and its really annoying because you dont know which messages have been sent or not. Im thinking now that at some conversations the contacts didn't reply so that was odd. I do sometimes get the "unable to send message" for only some times.
04-17-2010 06:31 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: