What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Encrypting, decrypting etc. of Plus! chatlogs

Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Encrypting, decrypting etc. of Plus! chatlogs
Author: Message:
MaxEvans

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Encrypting, decrypting etc. of Plus! chatlogs
Here's a question. I found a whole folder of encrypted chat logs I have from 2005. I can't for the life of me remember the password I used then. It was three years ago. I found the area you can re-encrypt files with a specified password in the preferences. But it won't work with logs encrypted with older versions of Plus!. Is there any way at all I can get into them?
11-19-2008 11:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MaxEvans
Is there any way at all I can get into them?
Yes. 1, you need to remember the password. If you don't know it, you're SOL. 2, you can use Log Manager to do the encrypting.

BUT
you still need to know the old password
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
11-20-2008 02:53 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
nomethegnome

I know you can't decrypt a chat log without having the password, but there is one folder of chat logs that keeps telling me I have the wrong password. As there are only two possible passwords I use to encrypt chat logs, is it possible something is wrong with the files? I've tried a number of passwords but none of them seem to work. It's really unlike me to create a separate password for that month, so I'm not sure how that could have happened :/

This post was edited on 12-19-2008 at 09:16 PM by nomethegnome.
12-19-2008 09:15 PM
Er_ec

RE: RE: Encrypting, decrypting etc. of Plus! chatlogs
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
My guess is that this is a security issue. You need to take ownership of the files, they're probably still marked with your old user id (SID).

I have changed my pc, moved all my files to new pc and took ownership of all them but can't open logs.

Could you say if file encrypt depend of pc, as windows activation or other mechanisc?

I have old ple1 encrypted files from 2002 that like to see, can I use Log viewer 4.80.0.356 to open ple1 encrypted files?
03-02-2009 06:31 AM
kerzio

i have my old chatlogs from an old pc but forgot the password after reading endless posts saying this was not possable i gave up but last few weeks have been checking it out again and  can now sucsefully decript any msg pluslog within 3 mins tops. yup every and anyone one.
i was told how to do it by asking around and have the script to do it.
its very easy and am awaiting someone to build a simple program for everyone to use but may be a few weeks / months yet but its in the pipeline.

stay tuned

kerzio
04-13-2009 11:49 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I dunno what your goal is kerzio, but the way encrypted logs are made means that it is not possible to decrypt them without the password. The password is also not stored anywhere. This has been explained again and again.

Yes you could use brute force attacks but that would take a very very very long time, even on the most modern computer of today! Let alone that this can be done with a (very slow) "script" as you call it.

So I can only suspect that your goal is to either cause an uproar and/or to try to trick people to send you their logs (for whatever reason).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-14-2009 01:21 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
metaltooth

Hi i have a problem...

When i try to decrypt a file...everything happens normaly but i don't get any message...:S:S:S:S

what i do wrong???

i write this....

"C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Log Viewer.exe" /decrypt="C:\Documents and Settings\Demonas\blablablablabla greek stuff\xxxx@hotmail.com"

i press enter and nothing happen..how i know that i decrypt right???:(

This post was edited on 07-02-2009 at 08:11 PM by metaltooth.
07-02-2009 07:32 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Make sure the Log Viewer application is in the directory you type, i.e. in C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live folder. Or when you type "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Log Viewer.exe" /? you must see a window explaining these commands (just like in the screenshot in the first post of this thread).

In fact, why it doesn't work on your computer is because you type your log file's path wrong, just include the file type extension ".ple" at the end of the path you wrote above, like xxx@hotmail.com.ple.
07-03-2009 02:11 PM
metaltooth

Hi i did what you say and yes i see the commands to check if it right...

and i put this...

"C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Log Viewer.exe" /decrypt="C:\Folder\xxxxx@hotmail.com.ple"

is that right..???nothing happen again...i have copy paste for more easy path the file that i want to decrypt....and paste inside the folder in my c...

still the same..:(
07-03-2009 03:10 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Yes, that seems right but there should definitely be a problem with the part after decrypt=.

You can also try using this bat file: DecryptEncryptAll.zip made by CookieRevised Note that this bat file should be run inside the folder where log files are in, and make sure you have a copy of the file in another folder as this bat file deletes the original file after decrypting it.
07-03-2009 05:07 PM
Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: