What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » 7 reasons the world will end in 2012

Pages: (26): « First « 11 12 13 14 [ 15 ] 16 17 18 19 » Last »
Do you think the world will end in 2012..?
This poll is closed.
Yes 26 15.95%
No 137 84.05%
Total: 163 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

7 votes - 2.57 average   7 reasons the world will end in 2012
Author: Message:
Naruto-SR

43 / Male / Flag
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012

Hello,

This really is a very interesting thread.

I do reckon you should check out this website, I know the site don't relate to the world ending in 2012, but it does have relation of the topic.

http://www.exitmundi.nl/Sunburn.htm.

Really interesting read (H).

Thanks.

This post was edited on 02-21-2008 at 03:47 PM by Naruto-SR.
02-21-2008 03:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
tenjouten

I saw the history channel the other day on the series in "Mega Disasters" and it was about what would happen in the world if oil runs out. It lists everything from gas prices skyrocketing in which affects our transportation, living expenses, our military capacity which affects the prices of basic necessity on things such as food, clothes, and such. This massive inflation on prices causes the world to go into a massive recession, in which millions would become homeless, riots would break out and our whole life style would be destroyed. Not only this, this may also cause war to break out over oil. And if war breaks out, the middle east (the primary source of oil) may resort to using their nuclear weapons they have procured and yadah yadah yadah. The strange thing is the year that the energy experts calculate that oil is going to run-out and cause all this mess is around 2012.
02-25-2008 08:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Naruto-SR

43 / Male / Flag

Hello,

I think i've read something about that before, but in my opinion it will not happen, well .. not for at least, say 50 years from now.

The reason why in my opinion it won't run out is because they keep finding more, and according to articles I have read they think they have only found around 4% of the total amount of oil.

Anyway, that was my two cents.

Thanks.
02-25-2008 09:00 PM
sandbar

Well, this is just a general reply all of the posts. I am one of those Bible believing Chirstians and I'm not going to kill myself. Killing myself won't do anything or solve anything. Doing that will only make the people that love me cry and make them sad.

Yes, I believe in the second coming of Christ. Yes, I believe that Christ died for my sins. Yes, I believe that once a person is saved, God becomes their "heavenly father". Yes, I believe that all people are sinners. Yes, I believe that I am still a sinner-saved by grace (not by works).  No, I don't believe that going to church will get anyone to heaven. No, I don't believe that the world will end in on dec 12, 2012. Why?   

The Bible states that no man knows when Christ will return. No man knows. I think all this talk about Dec 21 or 22 2012 is just a cover-up from Satan himself!  Yes, I believe that. Satan wants people to take their eyes off of Jesus and think about aliens and the end of the world.  Many many many "predictions" have come and gone.  I'm not worried if the rapture happens in 2012 or 2009 or tomorrow. Oh yes, I am of course a pre-tribuation Christian.

Now, just so you all know that I'm not crazy or a Jesus freak,  anything like that..I am more than a Christian...I am a student at the University of Redlands School of Business and I will be graduting by Sping 2009. I have been in an accredited college since 2002. I started UofR in 2006 and earned my A.S from MSJC in 2006.

I am not all about "relgion" or "Jesus".  I don't always talk about Jesus and the Bible. In fact, I talk more about computers, business relations, customer wants, the kids were I used to work (I used to work at a residental center) and looking for work in a new field. If you knew me, you'd heard me talk more about Asperger Syndrome and Autism in adults than Christ and God anyday.)

As a Christian, it's hard to remember in the everyday "doings" of life that someday...no one knows when...Christ will return for his own.  I guess If I wanted to talk more about Christ, I should read more of my Bible. You can always tell what a person has been reading by what that person talks about.

Now to find additional info on Asperger Syndrome in adults...
02-25-2008 11:46 PM
FootSoulJah

I guess I will go and make a bucket list.
02-27-2008 11:43 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
okay, i hope the world ends so this damn thread gets lost in the emptiness that would be produced..
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
02-28-2008 11:10 PM
Aardvark

Waterfall! :O

32 / Male / Flag
The world will end because sooner or later everyone on the forum will of posted their ideas of why the world will end into this thread causing mass hysteria all over the world amongst those who have actually read this thread and they'll be psychopaths and kill us all!

Or...global warming will eventually make life unlivable, that or we drown due to rising sea levels. But somehow I don't think any 3 of these ideas will happen before 2012...much.
02-29-2008 08:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

It's just stupid to believe that something like this could possibly be true, there's no physical or scientific proof supporting this theory; and that's all it is. There's no point in believing something that doesn't have any evidence.

Sandbar, you don't need to justify yourself or be scared about people judging that you're a Christian, anyone who does is just silly.
02-29-2008 04:56 PM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
Agreed. When I talked about Jesus in the thread, everyone started telling me I am saying crap. it is everyone's right to believe to whatever they want. :)
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
02-29-2008 06:00 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Agreed. When I talked about Jesus in the thread, everyone started telling me I am saying crap. it is everyone's right to believe to whatever they want. :)
Errr, no. We were just saying that it's not correct, as no one knows.
[Image: jumbled.png]
02-29-2008 06:10 PM
Pages: (26): « First « 11 12 13 14 [ 15 ] 16 17 18 19 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: