What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware?

ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware?
Author: Message:
shinji

RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware?
I've actually just posted a message about this onto the newsgroups for Microsoft Antispyware.  This is now my second post.  It was reduced in severity after my first posting.  Although not immediately.  However it was in the next signatures update.  This time I have posted again.  I have listed the keys and program files it is improperly flagging as spyware/adware.  I also noted how it was improperly flagging MsgPlus.exe as an adware bundle installer.  I said it was OK to flag the installer that gets it installed (lastest version has it MsgPlus-354.exe) but not the actual program after it has already been installed.  They really should be concentrating on C2 Lop and not on Messenger Plus!.  Also they should make sure they are removing it properly if they are going that way.  The red adware bundle warning message is very intimidating too.  When I saw it my first thought was "it must be a bad program -- i should block it".  However right in the box it says "Because this application gives you the option to not install the adware that comes bundled, we recommend ignoring it." and that is if the user takes the time to read the message.

It was posted on the groups
microsoft.private.security.spyware.general
microsoft.private.security.spyware.signatures
09-10-2005 09:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by enriquez_rene on 09-07-2005 at 01:15 AM
RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by Patchou on 09-07-2005 at 01:19 AM
RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by lordy on 09-07-2005 at 06:46 AM
RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by shinji on 09-10-2005 at 09:35 PM
RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by lordy on 09-11-2005 at 01:35 AM
RE: RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by Jimmyheb on 10-13-2005 at 05:05 PM
RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by user27089 on 10-13-2005 at 05:28 PM
RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by CookieRevised on 10-13-2005 at 11:39 PM
RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by Jimmyheb on 10-16-2005 at 11:36 AM
RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by CookieRevised on 10-16-2005 at 03:23 PM
RE: RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by Jimmyheb on 10-16-2005 at 07:43 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: