What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Contact List Clean up Bug

Contact List Clean up Bug
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Contact List Clean up Bug
quote:
Originally posted by i3rror
But when i logged on to her MSN and opened up the Contact clean up, it showed that I don't have her in my list, that our last chat was 4+ days ago and that I was last online 9+ days ago.

None of that is correct, I talked to her yesterday and every day before that months back and I'm like online all the time. She started using Messenger Plus months ago, so it's not that.

If you signed in her account on your own computer that is quite normal because Messenger Plus! calculates those information according to its local logs in Windows registry. In other words, Messenger Plus!'s statistics are not roamable through internet at this time. However showing +4 for last chat and +9 for last online is strange. Because the plus sign indicates that Messenger Plus! didn't detect last chat or last online status with in that much days, weeks etc. However, it calculates both of them wrt a unique information in registry, which is created when a new user signs in for the first time. So, unless there is an information for a given contact, Plus! calculates the time passed since first sign in till that moment. So, last chat and last online should have shown the same value, that is why +4 and +9 is quite strange. In my computer, if there is no information for any of my contacts, his/her last online and chat information shows the same thing, +22 months.
quote:
Clean up list is the main reason why I started using Messenger Plus and it's the reason why I deleted many of my contacts... and now it seems it seems I made a huge mistake?

Blame Microsoft. This issue is known for a couple of months but Microsoft doesn't fix it. As CookieRevised said above, Messenger Plus! reads that information from Messenger's own reverse list.
01-31-2010 04:33 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Contact List Clean up Bug - by alister on 04-03-2008 at 02:29 PM
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by CookieRevised on 04-04-2008 at 08:20 AM
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by alister on 04-04-2008 at 01:21 PM
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by PeYonka on 05-14-2008 at 02:58 AM
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by ahmetgns on 05-23-2008 at 04:42 PM
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by i3rror on 01-31-2010 at 02:57 PM
RE: RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by ahmetgns on 01-31-2010 at 04:33 PM
RE: RE: RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by i3rror on 02-01-2010 at 04:53 PM
RE: RE: RE: RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by ahmetgns on 02-01-2010 at 06:08 PM
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by DyNo on 02-01-2010 at 10:49 PM
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by finjo on 03-14-2010 at 04:25 PM
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by blessedguy on 03-14-2010 at 05:41 PM
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by egw1 on 04-20-2010 at 10:31 AM
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by CookieRevised on 04-20-2010 at 07:16 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: