What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Log Files Viewer

Log Files Viewer
Author: Message:
nila

O.P. Grin  Log Files Viewer
Hiya,
Love the fact we can view all previous log files in Plus now with the event viewer.

What is a bit of a pain though is having to browse through tons of folders one by one looking for a chat with a person or a part of a chat with them etc.

What would be totally awesome would be if Plus could just combine all these files into one so that if I had say 5 log files for one person, it could just show it to me as one file for that person with all time/date combo's like we currently see now for a single file.

Additionally, the ability to sort them by the persons name or by the last modified date would be awesome!

Really would be a GREAT feature to add to an already great app :)
01-02-2008 11:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Log Files Viewer
quote:
Originally posted by nila
Love the fact we can view all previous log files in Plus now with the event viewer.
...event viewer log viewer ;)
quote:
What is a bit of a pain though is having to browse through tons of folders one by one looking for a chat with a person or a part of a chat with them etc.
If you have Messenger Plus! Live 4.50 version, you can search in all log files to find one specific conversation. If you don't have it, then have it :P
quote:
What would be totally awesome would be if Plus could just combine all these files into one so that if I had say 5 log files for one person, it could just show it to me as one file for that person with all time/date combo's like we currently see now for a single file.
[Release] Log Manager - Version 1.1.008 by Mattike<<This Messenger Plus! Live script can combine your chat logs with your input- not automatically. Also there is a way that prevents Plus! to separate your logs into different directories at first: [request] Logfiles in 1 big dir

However Messenger Plus! Live itself will never do what you want because search for the answer.
quote:
Additionally, the ability to sort them by the persons name or by the last modified date would be awesome!
Probably you will find this question's answer in the same thread in which you found the first one's answer, yet search again if you cannot. Also names are always subject to change, wouldn't it be worse than the current system?
01-02-2008 01:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
nila

O.P. RE: Log Files Viewer
thanks - the Log Manager seems to be having some serious issues merging my files but the reg trick to save all the files as one big one seems to work :)
01-02-2008 02:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: