What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Suggestions needed!!

Pages: (18): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
1 votes - 4 average   Suggestions needed!!
Author: Message:
2Pac

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Suggestions needed!!
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Thank you all for posting... please continue. Just to be clear: no, there won't be scripting and the reason is still the same: security.

As for UpTime, it's not a bad idea but it should display the time you sice you launched Messenger.... your contacts dont really care about how much time your Windows has been up I think...

hmmm, a good idea would be to chose if you wanna use !uptime when you sign in. It would be displayed on the top of the conversation window. I think that would be a good idea.
05-19-2003 06:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Question...
quote:
Originally posted by zappy004
Just a question...
What are you gonna do for MSN messenger 6 that will release the 17th of July??

Will it be compatible??

Thanks, you're great

Jonathan

Good question [and name :P]... Obviously it'll be a massive update for Plus! to work with. Although some things I was worried about.

1) Logging, MSN Messenger now will log; how is plus gonna log for lower versions and not for msn 6.
2) Will any of the features conflict with stuff like the games or the custom bg for example.

I know that they will be a version of msn 6 appearing soon, so patchou can work on this. However i also understand that msn 6 won't work until server changes by ms and reg updates... like the problems with msn 5. So it could be hard to test plus! properly until 17th july. :undecided:

05-19-2003 08:37 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lukeid

– / Male / –
Grin  RE: Suggestions needed!!
Hello I have some suggestions:

- Improved logging

- Messages offline like explained above.

- Improved sound's support and options.

- I would like the possibility of including sounds in my auto-messages. Maybe changing the way the sounds work from "/sevil" to "(!sevil)" that way you could include the sound in any part of the message. And only display the default text if it is send alone.

- Customized icons. If the other person doesn't have that icon, the plus! Could open a hidden file transfer session and transfer the icon in a transparent way. Of course that will not work for people behind a router, in that case a default icon will be displayed and a notification will be displayed in the sender’s window.

- Customized sounds! Hehehe :D

- Notification for each change of your contact status (including going offline) and also notification when your contact closes your chat window (Y). And the options to customize all this, for example letting you choose which notification activate.

And That's all.... for the moment ;)

Thank you Patchou for the Plus!

Lukeid
05-19-2003 12:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user2319
Disabled Account

RE: Suggestions needed!!
Wow! great work, Patchou.. but how do you mean you would probably get bored again after a week? I remembers a list with "What should Patchou do?" so we could decide your life.. and that list was quite full.. well, whatever.. :) I don't have anything which hasn't been posted here befor so... :rolleyes:
05-19-2003 01:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
RE: RE: Suggestions needed!!
quote:
Originally posted by Lukeid
- Customized icons. If the other person doesn't have that icon, the plus! Could open a hidden file transfer session and transfer the icon in a transparent way. Of course that will not work for people behind a router, in that case a default icon will be displayed and a notification will be displayed in the sender’s window.

- Customized sounds! Hehehe :D

to do those, you would hafta transfer a file, which could pose a major risk of sending a virus, which is not good. we dont want :plus2: to help distribute viruses now, do we?
05-19-2003 01:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Flame

Insanity is 9 tenths of the law

36 / Female / –
I'm not sure if anyone has said this, I'm too lazy to read every single post... but it'd be really kool if our song playing on our comp, at the time, could be our nick... and it changes when the song does. I know you can have it so it shows up if you want it to, in the convos... but do you think you'd be able to make it so the song can be our nicks?
That'd make it look really kool and stuff.

~Flame~
Humans fear what they do not understand, and they hate what they fear
05-19-2003 01:33 PM
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
well, u could set up a Quick Text with "/nick" at the beggining. http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=9621 but you have to resend the Quicktext at every song. i even have a paramater where i add the track number :D
05-19-2003 01:44 PM
Freeze

37 / Male / –
Suggestion about Auto-Message
Hello.. I had a suggestion, that just MIGHt come in handy: if you have an auto-message activated, ANY user who you start a conversation with [or who starts a conversation with you] gets to see that auto-message..

How about a function where you can disable the auto-message in one certain chat-window [you know, some extra button like the "Share" button]? so if you are chatting with only one person, but dont want to be disturbed by others at the time, the person who you are chatting to, doesn't get to see that - in this case - annoying auto-message...

Think about it,
Freeze

PS:
quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
2.-Option of renaming contacts in the contact manager and a comand to call for the name you've put like (!RN)... so you can make quick texts saying: "/sbye bye (!RN) see ya later"

Excellent idea++ !!!!

This post was edited on 05-19-2003 at 03:15 PM by Freeze.
05-19-2003 03:08 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
pablotossi

El Capo

52 / Male / –
two items to consider for the new version:

1 - it is not necessary to worry much about logging because in version 6 it is going to be including.

2 - and as it is going to have animated icons could be combined icons with sounds (like /sevil or others).

and if there is to hope until the 17 of July, we will hope.... great job!!!!!!!

ahhhhhhh sorry, my english is very bad, you see!?!?!?

This post was edited on 05-19-2003 at 03:39 PM by pablotossi.
Saludos desde Argentina!!!
[Image: feliznavidad.JPG]
05-19-2003 03:35 PM
Lakshan

– / Male / –
Grin  suggestion
U know on msn plus you should add a updating system because u up date the system all the time like  virus scanners put a updating thing.

.jpg File Attachment: cadi4.jpg (31.37 KB)
This file has been downloaded 233 time(s).
05-19-2003 03:43 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (18): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: