What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Suggestions needed!!

Pages: (18): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 12 13 » Last »
1 votes - 4 average   Suggestions needed!!
Author: Message:
titie

40 / Female / –
RE: Suggestions needed!!
Event logs window: allow to click on Timestamp or User for reordering events (so we have the option of having all the events related to a user together)(as in the contact manager that you can change the way they're orderes like last chat, nick, etc)
05-20-2003 04:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ñ y S û P å S t @ ®

37 / Male / –
exactly
05-20-2003 05:09 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
dom.
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Yaa... Frontpage has that rtf converer thing.
05-20-2003 07:10 AM
AwSuM

Hi to The Great Creator of MSN Plus "Patchou" & the Team who are helping with their time to make MSN Plus great day after the day.
I love MSN PLus and probably that's why i took the time and filled the registeration and joined this forum.
Anyway, let's come to the point for which i am adding this reply. I wanted to request some features.
i) 1st one that i do remember for now is the Language Translator embedded in the Message Window.
ii) Also a quick link by which MSN Plus can be sent to the other party just like a file transfer from a weblink so they do not have to hassle following a link and it should be just like sending a file to the other contact. I understand that it can be done by the person who is chatting but it is better in a way that the person will get the updated copy of MSN Plus through the link.
iii) Changing the Background image that shows Microsoft Messenger Icon to the MSN Plus icon.

I had some more suggestion and ideas but so far i could only gather the ones i have put down. The rest will be added soon in the future.

Thanks Once again for creating a Great Outlook that really lightens up and reforms it to a shining star a Great  and must have Addon.
Thanks MSN PLus team.
05-20-2003 11:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Hey People! I’m sorry, maybe 99% of my suggestions were suggested 100 times in this thread already, but I got to see it rather late and i’m too lazy to read everything :D

Some suggestions for Messenger Plus!.

1) A pop-up for Messenger Events. The same way as Event Log window works, but that with MSN Messenger-style pop-up. Like “(!M) changed his/her status to Away”. Also it will be cool if you would be able to choose yourself which events you want to see (changin’ online status, changin’ name, etc. …)

2) Changing the default Sign-In pop up a little bit… Now it says: “(!N) have just signed in”, but since 100% of contacts in my list (and 99,99% of all other MSN Messenger users, I suppose) change their names more often than e-mail addresses, I suggest to make it “(!M) have just signed in” instead. This must be an optional feature of course.
But if Patchou does not wanna do it because of one or another reason, he must at least remove all these boxes used for colors from that pop-up.

3) Being able to give a special sing-in sound not only for different people, but for each group also, that will be applied by default for every person in that group (even if you add him/her to your contact list or that group later). But of course you must still be able to make special sound every person you want, even if the ‘group sound’ is different.
And, this is more a kind of bug… in Preferences > Contact Sounds it is very difficult to see the e-mail address of people… Cuz’ 80% of them got really very long names that are changed every day too… So it will be nice to see the e-mail address when you move the mouse over their names.
It will be also nice to move all of the settings for contact sounds from Preferences to Contact Manager.

4) MSN Messenger background changer… so you just have to select any *.gif picture on your computer, and Plus! Will set it is background (not that I need that feature, I think I will even never use it, but I’m sure a lot of people will find it really very cool ;) )

5) Some suggestions for Personolised Status improvement:

Change the:

Personolised Status
|_Predefined 1
|_Predefined 2
|_Predefined 3

to:

Personolised Status
|_Busy
|_Be Right Back
|_Away
|_On The Phone
|_Out To Lunch

Making Personolised Status Window a bit smaller would be nice too. It will be also very good to get that window after setting your status to anythin’.

And, to be able to select “Personolize my Status by default”. Now you still need to click on that yourself every time, and that’s very annoying, especially when you’re in a hurry and need to personalize ur status fast.

6) :refuck: A kind of (!WMP) tag for Windows Media Player 9 (equivalent of (!WAT) tag for WinAmp)

7) segosa’s suggestion: custom name for /me commands. That if you type “/me” command, it wont dispay (!NP), but it will display somethin’ else set in settings. (But by default that ‘somethin’’ will be (!NP)). This is MUST-BE-ADDED feature!!!!!!!!!

Some suggestion for Plus! > Contact Manager

1) As mentioned above, to move all the settings for contact sounds from Preferences to Contact Manager (that seems much more logical to me).

2) Add “Contact Properties” button, that will display normal MSN Messenger Contact properties.

3) Add “View Chat Logs” button too.

4) Add “Phone number” line next to “E-mail”, “Last Online”, etc. … That will help to find phone numbers very fast because you never know who has them in MSN and who not…

5) Being able to view contacts by Groups, like in MSN Messenger.

6) Custom names for contacts in Contact Manager. I remember Patchou sayin’ one time that he will add it :gfdrin:
If it’s not difficult, add a kind of (!CN) tag for Custom Name. Yes, I know that its NOT useful at all, but it will be very fun to great people on their own real name, while their nickname is different.

7) If you delete a contact, also will be nice to select “Block” too, just like in normal MSN Messenger.

8) Finally, make it possible to RESIZE or MAXIMIZE Contact Manager to whole screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post was edited on 05-20-2003 at 05:22 PM by Pure_BY.
05-20-2003 02:30 PM
rh

– / Male / –
pop3 popups :D :D :D
05-20-2003 04:43 PM
BooGhost
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SLim Shady
6) Custom names for contacts in Contact Manager. I remember Patchou sayin’ one time that he will add it
If it’s not difficult, add a kind of (!CN) tag for Custom Name. Yes, I know that its NOT useful at all, but it will be very fun to great people on their own real name, while their nickname is different.

Objection: It WILL be very useful to find people in the contact manager (coz the longs nicks, blah blah blah) and it will be a nice feature for exaple to put an auto away-message who said :"hey (!CN), Im not her right now... but wait for me"

Oh yeah! I forgot... Pop-Ups for the events
05-20-2003 07:46 PM
user13774
Disabled Account

I think patchou should wait some time until all the new funtions of msn messenger 6.0 (yes, there will be a new msn messenger, check another thread for more info: "http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=10615&page=2") are known, cuz there will be A LOT OF more emoticons in the new msn messenger 6.0 for example.
Check this sites for more info about messenger 6.0:
http://messenger.msn.com/support/sneakpeek.asp

Here is example of new emoticons:
[Image: attachment.php?tid=10615&pid=77455]

This post was edited on 05-20-2003 at 08:17 PM by user13774.
05-20-2003 08:15 PM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Suggestions needed!!
quote:
Originally posted by AgainstHate
I don't know if someone else has already requested this but I would like to see "Command Completion"

:clap: an autocomplete would be great!
05-20-2003 08:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Ñ y S û P å S t @ ®

37 / Male / –
they said 75 new icons now they say 25 :S :$
05-21-2003 12:17 AM
Pages: (18): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 12 13 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode