What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Suggestions needed!!

Pages: (18): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 15 » Last »
1 votes - 4 average   Suggestions needed!!
Author: Message:
Leif

81 / Male / –
RE: RE: Suggestions needed!!
quote:
Originally posted by rjjordan
I would like to see it possible for you to rename contacts to how you would want to see them. 

For example, if your contact is Nick, and you know 3 Nicks, then you can put them as Nick R, Nick P and Nick L.

What do you reckon?

That's a VERY good suggestion. You can do it with BetterMSN by Ginge, I think. But I'd very much like it in Plus!
Or to rename those who use VERY fancy names and keep changing them every now and then. VERY annoying...
05-21-2003 10:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
musicalmidget
Elite Member

Hmm, randomness...

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Suggestions needed!!
quote:
Originally posted by rjjordan
I would like to see it possible for you to rename contacts to how you would want to see them. 

For example, if your contact is Nick, and you know 3 Nicks, then you can put them as Nick R, Nick P and Nick L.

What do you reckon?

Yeah, so they have their nick...and you choose how you want it to appear to you personally?  I like that. :D

Ideally I would like to be able to hide my email address at the top of my contacts chat windows.  Even some of my closest friends have given out my email address before and I like to keep it private when possible.  I don't know if Patchou could possibly do this, but it would be great if he could. :)
05-21-2003 10:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
s7a5
Veteran Member

RE: Suggestions needed!!
yes and that one too :pound:
:'(
05-21-2003 10:58 PM
Super Dude

– / Male / –
I don't see the big deal about the emotions. Msn 6.0 will have 25 new emotions adding up to 75 emotions, and you will be able to create, and add your own emotions for use. Msn 6.0 will also allow you to change your chat and window backrounds (including pop up) to any pic (gif, jpg prehaps?) that you want.

If Patchou did add something like the contact nick changer (lets call it) like in BetterMsn (which Patchou helped to create i might add ;-)), then i think that there should be some sort of Profanity filter of some sort on it. I say this because i don't know about any one else, but i wouldn't want someone to put a name on me like dumba**, s***head, or worse. Putting that on would make it easyer to recognize people... I used bettermsn for a few months before and i loved that feature on it.
Click.Download.Listen.Enjoy
S.

[Image: wlm_beta_bar.png]
[Image: 74329226_452de38ff7_o.png]
WLM INVITES -- CLICK HERE
05-22-2003 12:08 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
contact nick changer will never be added to Plus! (maybe ONLY to Plus! Contact Manager). And i 100% agree with Patchou on that.
05-22-2003 11:05 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
love_msgplus

35 / Female / –
can u...
combine BOSS & LOCK
change the icon while using instant lock~
05-22-2003 01:13 PM
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
yeah, good suggestions!! (Y)
05-22-2003 01:20 PM
God of the Devil

Get rid of the Internet Dee-Dees NOW

40 / Male / –
can you assign the quick icons to a button that is not ( because that is annoying when i try to type (btw i do disable it before you say anything)
(6)The Devil is not Red.. But he is sure is horny

[Image: linux.gif]Tux Rules, Bill Take a Good Look at your Killer muahhahaha
05-22-2003 02:54 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CanadianOriginal

Please Stand By

44 / Male / Flag
I've mentionned some of these before, might have gotten lost in the shuffle...

- Custom shortcut keys for Quick Texts
- Option to block groups from the contact list (ie right click and choose "block group")
- Maybe combine the Boss Protection and Instant lock into one options, with selectable features (require password, optional icon, etc.)
- Custom (RGB) colour dialog for fonts (for the basic MSN IM colour, visible to non-Plus users)
- Ability to suppress sounds for individual chat windows
- Option to choose a default font formatting to override selected settings (ie: instead of having bold, blue Arial Bold, just type /noform or something and it will be regular, black Courrier New)

I could throw in a few suggestions for the contact manager, but if you're improving it, I'll leave it alone! :P

This post was edited on 05-22-2003 at 08:23 PM by CanadianOriginal.
~ Better to reign in hell, than serve in heaven
05-22-2003 08:21 PM
WurZ

Roll Eyes  RE: Suggestions needed!!
Er... think I'm a little late... but, hope you could still consider the following suggestions :wall:

1. Password enabled logging... the chat logging is a fantastic add-on, but the problem is, if you are sharing the com with someone else (like me...) :argue: , privacy comes to mind. So maybe you could like, prompt for a password to open up the chat file

2. another logging matter, the events logging... another great add-on if you were to leave your com alone for some time.... but the problem is, sometimes the messenger disconnects then reconnects, and all events goes *poof* :blah: ... thought maybe you guys could enable msn plus! to log events of a few days and stash it or something... (btw, i tried to open the event logging on the 'Events Log' pop up, but, doesnt work)

3. Changing status from Personalized Status to normal status.... like say I'm in Personalized Status for Away, and  I would like to go back to Normal Away (without the personalized messagelar....) , I have to go 'Online' the ngo back to 'Away', with is NOT good, cause my contacts will start flooding me with messages (cause they think I just came online) when i dont want to talk to them... evil..... :fire:

Rock on Patchou, I'll be supporting your program all the way.. :bow: and if you get a little stressed up trying to get PLus! to work on msn messenger 6, take a rest and..........

Get The Jiggy With IT!.... (ba)NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAH!! :banana: NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAH!! :banana: :clap:
05-24-2003 04:01 AM
Pages: (18): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 15 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: