What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Audiator - custom sounds plugin

Pages: (9): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Audiator - custom sounds plugin
Author: Message:
optimism_

Ctrl+Alt+Del - Tragically l337

37 / Male / –
O.P. Audiator - custom sounds plugin
Hi

Here is my first offering to the plus! community. Its a custom sound plugin called the Audiator plugin (dont blame me for the name - it was lyndons idea :P). It plays custom sounds in the form of mp3s to all members of the conversation who have the plugin.

The syntax of the plugin is
/x<number> <msg>
Where <number> is a number between 1 and 999. This means that you can have 999 different sound files in your libraries. Should you not have the sound file a message will be sent informing you.

Unfortunately, i cant upload it to the plus! forums because its too big at 2mb (theres approx. 1.5mb of sample sound files included in the installer to get you started), but i have uploaded it to my site, and it can be downloaded: here.

Hope you like it :D

This post was edited on 07-31-2003 at 06:01 PM by optimism_.
07-31-2003 05:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
MoRiA

Web2Messenger Creator

37 / Male / –
RE: Audiator - custom sounds plugin
please let us know if it works, as our tests just seem to indicate that the installer is installing an old version of the .dll (a dll that doesn't work, incidentally). We are still looking in to it so we should have it sorted soon :)
07-31-2003 06:31 PM
Whacko

40 / Male / –
i dont get how you ake this work??? if the other person has a different sound as No. 12 for example... then both persons are hearing a different sound????
I code in:
C
C++
Delphi
Visual Basic
Pascal :P
07-31-2003 06:46 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
optimism_

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Audiator - custom sounds plugin
ok - i am recompiling the setup, cos i was a bit of an idiot and compiled an old version of the dll (one with an old api).

unfortunately yes - you would hear different sounds if you had different sound files - but there is no faesible way around this other that downloading the sound files from a central repository on each play -  which at this time is not possible, since not everyone has fast enough connections. It is fine as long as people are sensible about naming their files.

and DJMystic - i shall add your credits to the new install - its for the same reason that the dll is not upto date - i was not fully understanding how the installer got its files. I was under the assumption they were updated on ech install but they weren't they were cached - this will be fixed within the next 10minutes (yn)

optimism_
07-31-2003 07:00 PM
Whacko

40 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by optimism_
Should you not have the sound file a message will be sent informing you.

then this doesnt make sense :P should you have a certain sound as No.99 but the other person only has 50 sounds, and DOES have the sound you try to send, but at No.49. then you get a message that you do not have the sound?
I code in:
C
C++
Delphi
Visual Basic
Pascal :P
07-31-2003 07:07 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
optimism_

37 / Male / –
supposing someone types /x100, if all contacts in the conversation have sound file #100 it will play. If anyone doesnt have it, they will see a message telling them that they dont have the particular sound file. in this case it would be the file 100.mp3.
07-31-2003 07:09 PM
MoRiA

Web2Messenger Creator

37 / Male / –
ok, then the error means that you dont have a sound with the filename requested. Believe me, it's a lot nicer than what used to happen if you didn't have it (two message boxes which popped up and annoyed me :P)
07-31-2003 07:10 PM
optimism_

37 / Male / –
When there becomes a way to send messages only to yourself, so if you dont have the sound file only you will see the error message, because at the moment it is broadcast like a normal message, and all contacts will see it. However i have not yet found a way around this from within a plugin and fear it is a feature that must be implimented from within plus! itself - but thats for a later version :P
07-31-2003 07:12 PM
optimism_

37 / Male / –
right, well i have made the new installer, however it refuses to upload in one piece to my server :S Ill try again in a minute (yn) but if it fails ill find another host.
07-31-2003 08:14 PM
optimism_

37 / Male / –
Ok, its up on the new server, with a new installer, with the latest versions of the files - so go download it people :D
07-31-2003 08:54 PM
Pages: (9): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: