What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Audiator - custom sounds plugin

Pages: (9): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 » Last »
Audiator - custom sounds plugin
Author: Message:
MoRiA

Web2Messenger Creator

37 / Male / –
RE: Audiator - custom sounds plugin
Ok, i'll do my best to reply (optimism_'s too tired or something :P).
The sounds are the same for any account that logs on, unless the Audiator directory changes between logons (which it wont unless you change it yourself).

The next version of Audiator (currently 2 weeks behind schedule) will have a user-dependant database of sounds, so i hear, which may affect it.
No doubt a bit of registry modification could get round it tho :)

So basically, yes, if you added /x99 on your account it would also appear on his account, at least until AudiatorV2 is released.
08-30-2003 09:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
optimism_

Ctrl+Alt+Del - Tragically l337

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Audiator - custom sounds plugin
Hey Hey Hey - 1 WEEK!!
was due last Wednesday.
and yeah ive only been up 5mins im far to tired to untangle that scenario

but v2 is on its way, so maybe this wednesday (yn) with tons of new features :D

optimism_
08-30-2003 09:59 AM
MoRiA

Web2Messenger Creator

37 / Male / –
*cough* yes, this wednesday so that's 2 weeks behind schedule ;) all i did was estimate a finish date...
08-31-2003 08:45 PM
optimism_

37 / Male / –
oh shush
there aint *that* much left to do - it might be here weds (beta release) i hope
HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found
08-31-2003 08:49 PM
optimism_

37 / Male / –
hi again ppl

Ive been without access to my source code for a few days now as my desktop computer has been a bit corrupted recently - lets just say ive installed different versions of windows no less than 20 times in 3 days :S
anyways, im slowly getting it back together, drivers and software and what not. The great news is that despite managing to formatting my media drive, my data drive is still ok touch wood, so the source is ok ... i just wont be able to listen to my music while coding any more :'(

anyways the point - im gonna be behind schedule yet again with the plugin, so was wondering whether you lot would like a pre-release. by this i mean a release with some of the features that arent completed yet disabled and only thos that are working available. At the moment, the things that do work are the playing of sounds, and the adding of sounds to the database via either individually or thru soundpacks (more on them later). Obviously it would be very much a beta release as i havent even finished it yet, let alone release it for testing, so i cannot guarantee stability, but suffice to say its working for me (again, touch wood lol).

I shall start compiling a release version and it should be packaged and ready for download in the next couple of days - again i cant specify an exact date cos im actually moving house on firday, so the ocmputers are going into boxes 2moro afternoon and i have packing to do, but i shall find some time to get this online. Hopefully the full beta release wont be far down the road.

Anyways ... to get some sleep!
optimism_
09-03-2003 12:30 AM
Mojoe

'Memory = 1Bit'

36 / Male / –
I would like to see a pre-release, but don't ask us optimism_, it's your decision. If you'd prefer to surprise us then do so! One thing is that i was wondering would there be a way to make it so the other person doesn't have to have the sound? It's just i get my mp3's with Kazaa ( i know tut tut :P ) and it's hard for everyone to have the exact same file without sending it to them....
'Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all it's pupils' - Hector Berlioz

Check Out My Forums - Here
09-04-2003 07:16 PM
JaymachRalTir

Star Wars Freak

38 / Male / –
I don't know how much extra work it would give you optimism_, but could you please make your plug-in so that you type /xa### (where ### is the number) instead of /x### so that some other plug-ins which don't work due to audiator will also work? It would be appreciated a lot...
09-05-2003 02:53 PM
optimism_

37 / Male / –
ok - since i a/c "Clear Fields"ed this post rite before i sent it :@ itll be quick.
1 - i didnt release it cos i forgot to copy latest code from desktop to laptop b4 i packed it away to move house.
2 - this house has no phone sockets where i am. might not be about for a week or two :(
3 - ill think about the /xa<number> - i could do it reasonably easy thru registry setting, dunno about a config dlg to go with it. bear in mind v2 [out soon! lol] has /xAU<tag> as well as /x<int> syntaxes and various dlgs to help u find/use sounds.
4 - pre-release maybe this week, ill see about it. Add/Install soundpack options working, sending works, delete/uninstall dont yet - cant guarantee stability if i do release it - bug reports welcome.

thats it for now - so im back off to sleep :)

optimism_
09-06-2003 10:55 PM
Sypher

36 / Male / Flag
I installed it and my friend has also done that I don't hear sounds.. He hears all sounds, but I don't.. What can be the problem?
Messenger Plus Beta Tester
Plus! Live Faq Maintainer
09-07-2003 09:17 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MoRiA

Web2Messenger Creator

37 / Male / –
I suggest you make sure that nothing else is using the sound card. I know that XP manages it so two progs can use it at once but there is a limit.
I seem to remember having problems like that when I first installed it but closing Media Player solved the problem
09-07-2003 04:20 PM
Pages: (9): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: