What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Audiator - custom sounds plugin

Pages: (9): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 » Last »
Audiator - custom sounds plugin
Author: Message:
optimism_

Ctrl+Alt+Del - Tragically l337

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Audiator - custom sounds plugin
hmm - never knew of that. other than that, make sure fmod.dll is in your windows system dir (system on 9x, system32 on xp). ensure the plugin is actually running, if not try reloading the plugin by either exiting msn or running one of the various reloading tools. if it still fails, try uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin. try upgrading plus to .053+ (thats the version plugin was designed for) as i cant remember when the plugin format chnaged.
still fail, post again
HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found
09-07-2003 04:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
kc2x

RE: Audiator - custom sounds plugin
optimsm_,
okay, first of all, does ur plugin have a readme? if it does that would be good. Also, will ur plugin be compatible with MSN 6.1 or the new Plus!2? about my previous suggestion, dont worry about changing v2 about my problem, i can probably find my way around it. to include in the readme might be: the type of audio files that can be played. one question, is there a limit to the file that can be played? lets say u have a 20MB mp3 thats 15 minutes long and its on both comps and its setup to be /x## and so when you do that will it play all 15 minutes for both ppl? one concern is that i have xp and i got media player 9 and thats a little unpredictable so i'm wondering if ur program is compatible with it? i just wanna voice these concerns b4 u release v2.
btw, i haven't tried v1 yet. i've been waiting for v2 but im wondering if ur plugin is compatible 100% with all sound packs. probably all these questions have already been fixed but i want to make u aware of these to make it the best!
Good Job
:banana:[Image: woot.gif]:clap:
:plus2: rox
EDDIT: speling erors
^
l
did that on purpose

This post was edited on 09-12-2003 at 02:59 AM by kc2x.
Beer is for grownups and kids with fake IDs
09-12-2003 01:53 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MoRiA

Web2Messenger Creator

37 / Male / –
OK I will try to answer these before I have to leave for school.

The plugin does have a readme, but I don't think it's too comprehensive [yet].. (this is about V1, even I have seen little of V2)

I think the plugin should be fine for version 6.1 and the version of Plus! as it works through Plus! (so changes to MSN make no difference to the code required for plugins).
In fact I can guarentee it works: I have just tried it ;)

As far as I know there is no limit to the size that can be played. I know one person who set a 3 min song to a number. That was annoying. If you have a long sound going and you want it to stop you can just play a short one (i suggest /x1). That short one will play, stopping the previous sound.

I have what i believe to be the latest version of Media Player (9.00.00.3008) and sounds play perfectly while that is playing another MP3, WMA, or WMV (the only 3 media files i have laying around my laptop..).

Audiator (V1 at least) can only play MP3 files as far as I know (yup, just tested it with a wma and it said I don't have the file requested - presumably 200.mp3).

I'm not yet sure how the soundpacks will work but I think that as long as the creator has made them properly you can have no problems with them.

I'm now gonna go and get ready for school :)
09-12-2003 06:32 AM
Sypher

36 / Male / Flag
Finally! It works for me :D
Messenger Plus Beta Tester
Plus! Live Faq Maintainer
09-13-2003 09:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
optimism_

37 / Male / –
hi again
just posting to say i am still kinda working on it, but im so swamped with a levels at the moment i barely have enough time to finish homework ("self supported study") let alone have free time to work on fun things like aux plugin. i also just got my hands on a copy of Visual Studio.Net 2003 too, so ill be moving fource to .net format at some point - dunno if thats of any consequence, just thought id tell you lol.

so in short i will try to get on with it a bit more, but no way am i setting any more release dates yet - itll just be released when its done. And sorry for the uber long delay!
10-03-2003 07:34 AM
optimism_

37 / Male / –
* optimism_ is happy
* optimism_ is very happy

for the first time, i feel like its really on the way :D
today i put the finishing touches to the Add Sounds and Install/Uninstall SoundPacks options, and they run great with no bugs found as yet :) I have also changed my mehtod of storing the database which has made it a lot faster/easier for me to develop it. It should also mean the plugin loads up faster too. Ive added some new dialogs and changed some old ones around.

So what have i got left before its at a releasable stage then? Well i have to add the routine to remove individual sounds. I have to impliment the help dialogs, and code the Edit sounds routine. All in all i really do think i can have a beta release by the middle of next week (yn)

i cant wait :)
10-11-2003 01:46 AM
Mojoe

'Memory = 1Bit'

36 / Male / –
Wooo hoo, go for it man. I have unlimited web-space, so if you want help with storing it just ask.
'Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all it's pupils' - Hector Berlioz

Check Out My Forums - Here
10-11-2003 06:39 AM
optimism_

37 / Male / –
Thanks
act that could me quite useful because if i make an online repository for soundpacks the filesizes are gonna get quite huge!
10-11-2003 10:03 AM
Mojoe

'Memory = 1Bit'

36 / Male / –
Well, not a problem. Let me know how to set up a download link on my page as well if you want, 'cuz i got unmetered bandwidth too! :D
'Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all it's pupils' - Hector Berlioz

Check Out My Forums - Here
10-11-2003 11:28 AM
MoRiA

Web2Messenger Creator

37 / Male / –
Well the primary download site (my website) has 250MB/day bandwidth (7.5GB/month) - not bad considering it's a free ISP site - should be fine for the actual plugin downloads.
If the plugin is, say, 2MB (I don't actually know the exact size) that's over 100 downloads/day which will be suitable provided the plugin doesn't get popular beyond sanity.

Hosting & Bandwidth for the sounds etc would be useful I should think tho (I dont know who'd get emails from my ISP about going over my bandwidth limit but if it's mum I doubt she'd like it lol)

:)
10-11-2003 07:57 PM
Pages: (9): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: