What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger Plus! 2.21

Pages: (8): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] Last »
Messenger Plus! 2.21
Author: Message:
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.21
quote:
Originally posted by dudboi
wont it be better if the server just sends you the file the moment it is uploaded to the server? After all, if every one downloads from the server, the load would be the same.
No!! The load would be very bigger. If you get the update once a week, the server doesn't have high load because people donwload the update not the same day. If all people gets the update the same day... the server goes down in less then 5 minutes (N)
quote:
Originally posted by quark
Another option is to program "something" that goes through every logged on user which uses Messenger Plus! and send the file to one (or maybe ten) person at a time, and not to 100.000.000 persons at the same time.

I'm not sure how easy it is to program something like this, though, as I haven't got a clue as to what information Patchou has access to.

That's a bit difficult. Patchou's server should have some "messenger client" connected (signed in). The you add that contact to your contact list and when a new update is aviable that contact (Patchou's server) would send you a message telling that and / or send the file. Anyway, I don't think that would be the best option (also high loads for the server when a new update is released, and also the server sould have a database of which people have which version) The best way is as it is now, in my opinion :)
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
09-13-2003 05:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
BooGhost
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.21
quote:
Originally posted by bojero
I know that this is a great program but how do I get MSN6.1??

here you can find it :D

This post was edited on 09-13-2003 at 05:56 PM by BooGhost.
09-13-2003 05:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
quark

44 / – / –
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.21
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
Patchou's server should have some "messenger client" connected (signed in). The you add that contact to your contact list and when a new update is aviable that contact (Patchou's server) would send you a message telling that and / or send the file.

That sounds like a good idea, actually. The client should of course not be an actual MSN Messenger client, but something Patchou programs to communicate directly over the Messenger protocol. This way, he can make it pretty efficient with threading and stuff, but the problem is that Microsoft have announced that they are going to encrypt the protocol so that no other clients than their own can communicate over it.

But you're right -- It works as it does now, anyway.
-= quark =-
"He's a loathsome offensive brute, yet I can't look away"
09-14-2003 10:01 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (8): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: