What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin

Pages: (40): « First « 35 36 37 38 [ 39 ] 40 » Last »
3 votes - 5 average   WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin
Author: Message:
user13774
Disabled Account

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin
Found a bug with WMP 10. Already mailed it to PsychoMark. My friend also has the same problem so it's not because of me :):

If you open a file (ie. you double click on a file in windows exlorer) and you do the xmp thing in msn it says '(no song currently playing)'. If you reload the plugin (in WMP) it still says it. If you then click next, or you double click on the song again it do works... It looks like it always happens with the first song you play when you start WMP 10....

Sys:
XP Prof SP2
WMP 10 (Dutch)
MSN Messenger: 6.2.0137
Messenger Plus!e: 3.21.0104

This post was edited on 10-18-2004 at 04:25 PM by user13774.
10-18-2004 04:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
PsychoMark

40 / – / –
O.P. RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin
Hi everyone!

Sorry to keep you all in the dark. I read some posts; got a few mails after Markus' call to the community, and Fukafly was right about me picking up WMPlus 3 a few days ago, so very slow progress has been made. I would still like to note there's no way it's beta-material; all hardwired to run on my system, once that's stable I can make it all dynamic and configurable. The fact that I stepped away from WMP10 didn't help my motivation much either.

Anyways, I'll try to work on it and get a working version for you guys, it seems there's just too many happy WMPlus2 users to ignore :). Winter season's here so I should be at home more in the weekends and all... no promises, but again wanted to let you all know I still appreciate all the positive things I hear so I do honestly intend to finish WMPlus3 once and for all...

And yes, the first-song bug has been in there for quite a while. I think WMP9 also suffered from it, should be fixed in the WMPlus3 plugin (which features more fancy techniques than the registry, though the old method is still there for compatibility in case anyone was relying on that information)...
12-01-2004 12:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user13774
Disabled Account

Hey PsychoMark... good to hear from you, a namesake (thnx to Van Dale dictionary), again :O (y).

Sounds good (y). I hope you will be able to finish WMPlus 3.

I'm still using WMPlus 2, but never had any problems with WMP9... only with 10. Can't you make a bugfix version, before working on WMPlus 3, which fixes this little bug :$?
12-01-2004 12:57 PM
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by PsychoMark
Hi everyone!

Sorry to keep you all in the dark. I read some posts; got a few mails after Markus' call to the community, and Fukafly was right about me picking up WMPlus 3 a few days ago, so very slow progress has been made. I would still like to note there's no way it's beta-material; all hardwired to run on my system, once that's stable I can make it all dynamic and configurable. The fact that I stepped away from WMP10 didn't help my motivation much either.

Anyways, I'll try to work on it and get a working version for you guys, it seems there's just too many happy WMPlus2 users to ignore :). Winter season's here so I should be at home more in the weekends and all... no promises, but again wanted to let you all know I still appreciate all the positive things I hear so I do honestly intend to finish WMPlus3 once and for all...

And yes, the first-song bug has been in there for quite a while. I think WMP9 also suffered from it, should be fixed in the WMPlus3 plugin (which features more fancy techniques than the registry, though the old method is still there for compatibility in case anyone was relying on that information)...
WOW!!! These are the greatest news of the day!!! Man, thanks a lot!!! I am really looking forward to see the new version... It's been so long (A) :P

Thanks!!! :happy:
12-01-2004 04:33 PM
Hidea

37 / Male / –
thinking of foobar support?
Official Ex-Messenger Plus! Translator
Official MSG Plus 2.x, and 3.5 Beta tester
Official MSG Plus 4 tester
Microsoft MSN Beta Member
12-02-2004 12:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
PsychoMark

40 / – / –
O.P. RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin
I got foobar and used it for a while, so I'll check out some of the other plugins to see how they're doing it. Maybe not in v3.0 (unless it has a Winamp-compatibility-plugin like iTunes, but I don't call that "WMPlus supporting foobar" ;)), but it's on my wishlist...
12-02-2004 05:57 AM
Hidea

37 / Male / –
nice :D please make it foobar friendly! :D
Official Ex-Messenger Plus! Translator
Official MSG Plus 2.x, and 3.5 Beta tester
Official MSG Plus 4 tester
Microsoft MSN Beta Member
12-08-2004 01:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Btw, that cool feature you wanted to add... DP changing to album cover of album you're listenin' to... Will that work or MSN Messenger 7?

and also, dunno if I've posted this already, here is a new logo for your program:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=344944]

And can you give us some more info about development? Thanks! :)

.png File Attachment: WMPlus 3.png (7.43 KB)
This file has been downloaded 1963 time(s).

This post was edited on 12-08-2004 at 06:58 AM by Pure_BY.
12-08-2004 06:56 AM
PsychoMark

40 / – / –
O.P. RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin
quote:
Originally posted by Pure_BY
Btw, that cool feature you wanted to add... DP changing to album cover of album you're listenin' to... Will that work or MSN Messenger 7?

Depends on how much Microsoft fucked up this time... on the visual part they sure did, looking at some beta screenshots, but we'll see when it's officially out :)

quote:
Originally posted by Pure_BY
And can you give us some more info about development? Thanks! :)

Well, bad news for the next few... who knows. My water pump broke down, which is related to development since my computer is watercooled. Have to wait for Innovatek to replace it... so the only computer time I get is basically at work, which poses some obstacles for personal programming of course ;)
12-08-2004 08:19 AM
giken

Windows Live Butterfly

46 / Male / Flag
hi psycho, any news about development? :)
12-31-2004 12:42 AM
Pages: (40): « First « 35 36 37 38 [ 39 ] 40 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: