What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin

Pages: (40): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
3 votes - 5 average   WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin
Author: Message:
PsychoMark

40 / – / –
O.P. RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin
Don't know, were you playing that song before Party Up perhaps? It seems it didn't update itself. The other possibility is that it's got the wrong media, but since it's using WMP's "CurrentMedia" property that doesn't seem likely. The updating will be fixed in the next version, I'll just remove the is-same-media check or add some is-same-media-but-did-title-or-stuff-like-that-change-since-last-check code...

On the bright side, I made quite some progress today! All code for WMP 9, Winamp 2 and Sonique is implemented, it now uses a customizable format string (which looks something like "{artist} - {title} [{length}]" per media player (and for each media player it uses a different format for the tag and the command, since you mostly want the tag to be a single line while the command may provide more info). For each rating (1 to 5 stars) you can customize the text being sent, which includes emoticons of course. It's got a WYSIWYG editor where the only non-WYSIWYG part are the actual tags, but to get an idea of how it'll look a preview pane is automatically updated directly below that. But things like color and font style (bold, italic) are directly editable.

There's still some stuff to do, mainly the RichText -> Plus conversion and back. It takes some code, but it's not difficult at all... nothing I haven't done before...
10-02-2003 02:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin
Aight :P

Is the new version already online or did you only finish the code? :P
10-02-2003 04:19 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
well done looks good
10-02-2003 04:22 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Btw... I saved a song and added it to media library

Played some numbers other than Worst Comes To Worst before Party Up, switched Party Up again, and it STILL shows Now Playing: Worst Comes To Worst

WTF! :S
10-02-2003 04:34 PM
PsychoMark

40 / – / –
Weird, but we'll see if that problem persists. The new version is not online yet as it simply isn't finished, but as soon as I do I'll wrap it up and post it of course :)
10-02-2003 04:37 PM
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Yeah, thanks :D :banana:

I'm sorry for posting a "bug", it was very simple -- WMP9 Plugin was simply disabled :S

But I even didnt think about checkin for that, because:
- The WMP didnt give any messages like: "Media Player was not closed on a propper way. A fucked up plugin might have caused that. As a result all 3rd party plugins will be disabled"
- The /xmp command worked as well for most of other songs :-/

But yo... So simple was it :P
I'm waitin' for new version! Keep makin' good shit ;) (Y)
10-02-2003 06:25 PM
PsychoMark

40 / – / –
While I'm at it, I might as well implement something to check if the WMP plugin is actually loaded... so instead of "no song currently playing" maybe it can display "WMP not running or plugin not loaded"...
10-02-2003 06:59 PM
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
GREAT idea :P (Y) :)
10-02-2003 07:33 PM
PsychoMark

40 / – / –
The not-running check is now working for all players, for WMP it'll even tell you when it seems you're running WMP but the plugin hasn't been loaded...

However, got a kind of a poll for you all regarding the way you edit the formatting. Right now I've been working on a WYSIWYG editor, but it turns out this is not quite as good as I wanted it to be. Since we already know how to do formatting with Plus, I had an idea which is both easier to build and will always provide the full range of Plus options. The idea is to use special commands to set these options, for example:

code:
/xwmpcommand {artist} - {title} [{rating}]
/xwmptag {artist} - {title}

...this would set the format used for the /xmp command and the (!XMP) tag. Of course, you can use anything from bold/italic to colors this way. This is very useful for power users...

Right now I just want the new version released, to keep WMPlus alive. So I might implement a more user-friendly editor later on, but right now I'm seriously considering this option...

If anyone has a better idea, I'd love to hear it :)
10-03-2003 12:25 PM
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
I think this is good enough for begining :)
10-03-2003 05:00 PM
Pages: (40): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: