What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Audiator v2.0 BETA

Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Audiator v2.0 BETA
Author: Message:
optimism_

Ctrl+Alt+Del - Tragically l337

37 / Male / –
O.P. Audiator v2.0 BETA
Hurrah for betas !

version 2.0b is now hosted and ready for downloading :)
As before, the filesize is too big to be hosted on the plus! forums, so i have hosted it elsewhere. You can find a link from the audiator website (which is currently a wee bit under construction). See link below.

PLEASE UNINSTALL ANY PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE PLUGIN BEFORE INSTALLING VERSION 2

As this is only a beta release, i cannot claim that this is bug free, but i feel that it is reasonably fit for release. If anyone does find any bugs, plz post them here until i can get some form of known bugs thing on the site going.

In the meantime, enjoy :)

optimism_

Download the current plugin here: http://audiator.osnetwork.sytes.net
HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found
10-27-2003 10:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
RE: Audiator v2.0 BETA
First of all, nice work. First impressions are good.

First bug I noticed - I tried Uninstalling the Soundpacks included, and then reinstalling them (I do things like this). A couple of times I've tried, and both times its crashed Messenger, meaning I have to start it back up.

Actually playing the sounds with another person hasn't been tested yet. I'm waiting for someone on my list to install the plug-in :)

A few other minor quibbles, but I'll try using it a bit more to get the feel of it. Just wanted to you know about the biggie I posted at the start.

Glad to finally see a beta tho. I'll be having fun with this one :gfdrin:
10-27-2003 11:12 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
optimism_

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Audiator v2.0 BETA
add em to ur list then :)
yeah i kinda knew about the soundpacks one - can u tell me where it crashed (u can find out by when u reopen messenger where they stopped getting deleted in the config dlg) - im not entirely sure why it shud crash but im pretty sure i know how its crashing - so thats a good first step :)

optimism_
10-27-2003 11:14 PM
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
RE: Audiator v2.0 BETA
I can't be quite sure where it crashes as its different every time :undecided:

I am not quite sure what is supposed to happen with the Install/Uninstall Soundpacks. Am I supposed to wait for a message to come up telling me it was successful? Or click cancel? Maybe I am being too fast for it.

Something else I noticed. Sometimes when I close the Audiator config window, "/xauconfig" still shows in the text box of the conversation window. And sometimes it doesn't :S

Would just be nice to get some feedback from the soundpack window.

Another point, tho minor, is in the Add Sounds window. The drop down box for entering the index shows the fist number and then the top half of the second. Maybe you could alter this to be bigger. Why else have a drop down other wise?
10-27-2003 11:39 PM
optimism_

37 / Male / –
a) if the soundpacks install/uninstall works properly, it will close and the list of sounds in the main config dlg will refresh to show the new lsit - if it fails, thats when the dlg hangs there.

b) the command will be left if the app crashes - which seems to be with the uninstall/install soundpacks option

c) i shall look into it :)
10-27-2003 11:41 PM
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
RE: RE: Audiator v2.0 BETA
quote:
Originally posted by optimism_
a) if the soundpacks install/uninstall works properly, it will close and the list of sounds in the main config dlg will refresh to show the new lsit - if it fails, thats when the dlg hangs there.
This makes sense now. Just seemed odd having no real button to click to confirm it had done. Maybe have a pop up window saying "Please wait" or something. Of course if it normally only takes a second or two to install the soundpack, this wouldn't be too worthwhile :)

I'll be sure to report back any other problems I have. I am keen to see your piece of software do well, as it adds some fun into my converations with boring people :refuck:
10-28-2003 12:01 AM
optimism_

37 / Male / –
depending on the number of sounds in the soundpack, realistically it should be instantaneous - or at least it was in my trials
10-28-2003 12:02 AM
optimism_

37 / Male / –
I have been informed that my webserver which hosts the Audiator website, and the mirrors list for download seems to keep dying. Honestly! this server seems to have more downtime than uptime!

I shall start trying to find a new web host - my old one stopped its php service - and i shall update the first post to the new address asap

optimism_
10-28-2003 11:40 AM
optimism_

37 / Male / –
Another important note

I have just installed plus! 2.5 and found that my plugin is not yet compatable!!! (neither is ur simpsons plugin if you read this Wacko ;))

I shall be updating the source code for both bugs asap and i shall post when done

optimism_
10-28-2003 12:43 PM
optimism_

37 / Male / –
done - new mirrors and installers are up and running after haveing had my computer open on its site for the majority of the day - who knew installing new devices would take so much time/effort!!!
10-29-2003 12:38 AM
Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: