What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website »

Pages: (20): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
Author: Message:
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
Also, everyones right, you need all the info already here, otherwise youll just have to keep re-answering ppls questions, at least you have things to refer to, and its saves alot of time....

*keeps admiring her member staus*

And the post counts let you see how involved a person is, dammit, theyre just harmless funnn... don't kill them!

*begins to wail at the thought*

~kangie~
[Image: sig.jpg]
01-05-2004 02:31 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
but you still hav 2 answer the same question neway 4 evry new n00b that joins. for instance there is a sticky in help & support i think) that explains how 2 uninstall the sponser yet ppl still make threads asking how 2 get rid of it
01-05-2004 02:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
That the reason why I think deleting all the threads is useless.... just do a clean sweep and remove all the "spam" and non related plus and messenger posts, keep the posts/threads which are used for reffering. The people put a lot of time in it to give big, detailed answers!!!
Just deleting everything is kind off... errr... lazy of the admins/mods/whatever.... sorry to say this, but if you want to clean the forum then clean it... don't delete it....

Another way of putting it: a huge knowledge base is revised, not erased....

The major problem is indeed: people can't find the answer directly so they ask the same question again and again.... Maybe time to make a good help-file for plus!? Or to make the search option more standing out and user friendly....

About the post counts... Well, in general, they are a good indicator, abuse is everywhere, yet it will be a pitty if all that is also erased. But then again, that's the least thing... it's only an indicator...

my 2 euro's ;)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-05-2004 04:57 PM
Chris.1

addicted to the net

36 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Maybe time to make a good help-file for plus!? Or to make the search option more standing out and user friendly....

Something like this might be useful http://wordpress.org/support/index.php?action=vth...&topic=1003&page=0

quote:
my 2 euro's ;)

hehe
01-05-2004 07:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
I take some of Cookie's points, they're good. (y)

But to properly clean this forum I'd estimate it would have to be closed for at least 3 days while repeated threads, etc were removed. General chit chat could be pruned as does forum and website need doing.

It's not that easy reading through every single post and trying to decide if you remove it will the topic make sence or not. It sounds easy but doesnt always work, trust me.
01-05-2004 07:41 PM
billywoods1

35 / Male / –
O.P.
It would also involve constantly checking for repeated threads and so on... :s It'd never stop.
[Image: title.gif]
Please visit my site, Lamerde, by clicking this broken picture. :mipdodgy: It's intentional. Honestly.

01-05-2004 07:55 PM
fluffy_lobster
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
That's why I think it should be done in the opposite way... everything is deleted except individual threads that people request under very specific conditions.
01-05-2004 08:22 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by fluffy_lobster
* fluffy_lobster can hardly contain his excitement :gfdrin:

Hmm seriously though I wish it would happen, the tension is killing me
"Happen"? Whatever we do, it's not going to happen instantly, and nothing is even planned yet. I was expecting Patchou to start some more discussion about the changes, but he hasn't yet. Now isn't the best time anyway... the holidays just got over, and I'm busy working on the board as well as other things.

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
i like change
Maybe from your point of view it's good, but I think it's a hassle to change things after they've been one way for a long time. You have to get used to the new system, the new problems and confusion it causes, etc. :p

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
My suggestion would be to delete all posts. Radical I know. But if you delete the posts you delete the spam.
How about we delete the users too? If we don't, they will create new spam. ^o)

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Just deleting everything is kind off... errr... lazy of the admins/mods/whatever.... sorry to say this, but if you want to clean the forum then clean it... don't delete it....

Another way of putting it: a huge knowledge base is revised, not erased....
I agree.

quote:
The major problem is indeed: people can't find the answer directly so they ask the same question again and again.... Maybe time to make a good help-file for plus!? Or to make the search option more standing out and user friendly....
There's the msgplus.net FAQ... if it's lacking answers to any of the commonly-asked questions here on the forums, it should be expanded. :p

quote:
But to properly clean this forum I'd estimate it would have to be closed for at least 3 days while repeated threads, etc were removed. General chit chat could be pruned as does forum and website need doing.

It's not that easy reading through every single post and trying to decide if you remove it will the topic make sence or not. It sounds easy but doesnt always work, trust me.
:lol: Yep.

quote:
Originally posted by fluffy_lobster
That's why I think it should be done in the opposite way... everything is deleted except individual threads that people request under very specific conditions.
Uhh...

* WDZ slaps crazy ideas like that one around a bit with a large trout.
01-05-2004 09:58 PM
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
quote:

perhapse ad a special group of people to help with the cleaning. senior-ish members who can help. (if htats even posible without a complete revision of the code...) and for 3 days just have a cleaning frenzy. assign various ppl to diferent forums to find all the useful stuff.
01-05-2004 10:06 PM
dom.
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
lol, well i agree on the post counts being disabled..

and i think tnt should be simply testing and trashing, threads that are about like how many cats people have should be considered General Chat, not spam.. :\ Its a general disscusion isnt it? and thats the same thing as general chat.. its not off topic :p (i dont know how i got that subject? :S)

but yeah.. i think that only the topic starter should be aloud to post in annoucments, that removes like 400 posts saying "well done" and i think deleting all the posts general chat and tnt would be a good idea, and maybe some other forums but not everything.. :\
01-05-2004 10:11 PM
Pages: (20): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: