What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website »

Pages: (20): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 12 13 14 » Last »
Author: Message:
billywoods1

35 / Male / –
O.P.
Exactly, but the problem with this system is that the elite title will just be completely useless if everyone who's a regular member joins it, and if we make a new group, how do we decide what other privileges these have?
[Image: title.gif]
Please visit my site, Lamerde, by clicking this broken picture. :mipdodgy: It's intentional. Honestly.

01-07-2004 05:09 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
D:Frag

Forum d:Fragment0r

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
How about we keep the post counts, but make the user titles and stars based on reputation instead of posts? I kinda like that idea...

I kinda like it too, it would also disencourage people to post only for ranks. You could add a button on all messages, and when someone comes with a good idea, message, etc., and people likes it, then people could hit that button to increase that someone's reputation... and maybe add a button that works viceversa :)

[Image: style5,d-dp-Frag.png]
Respect to the man in the ice cream van!
01-08-2004 10:36 AM
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
............. thats how the rep system works..... check out htttp://community.mybboard.com and u'll se an example.

so we've decided on Post count: yes, user titles: no, reputation: yes, but only a select group can vote
01-08-2004 12:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
User titles no :O 

I like user titles to be related to post counts.

(Y)  Selected Groups should be able to vote as we're trying to increase maturity in the forums so responsibility of this and the desire to be able to vote Should make people think more before they post and be more polite and sensible  Hopefully
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
01-08-2004 04:05 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
Well its almost done.. except that we need to discuss how will the reputation system work ( a final post with all the conclusions we got must be posted by someone when we are done so wdz can read it)
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
01-08-2004 07:22 PM
bach_m
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
i think the best idea is to have only elites and up be alowed to vote on  reputation, as well as an increase in the elite member group. that way we have a relatively large voting pool, given the number of ACTIVE users, most of whom get along and are good members. they will then be allowed to vote on all users (even mods/admins/elites).

and i like the user titles. theres no need to get rid of them
01-08-2004 07:26 PM
billywoods1

35 / Male / –
O.P.
Hmm, I really don't think it should be limited to elites and up. If we add the 100-200 people who are regularly here to the elites list it'll become a bit worthless. How about a 'respected members' group or something? It's just to keep 'elite members' as it is, a small group of the elites. :P

Edit: I believe people should be allowed to change reputation by so much. Elites and up (and this new group, if it's created) should have a reputation of, say, 20 (fixed), and every else can be between -15 and +15. Elites (and the new group, if it's created) can alter the reputation by +1 or -1, mods by -2, -1, +1 or +2, and admins by whatever they want. Just my idea.

This post was edited on 01-08-2004 at 08:28 PM by billywoods1.
Please visit my site, Lamerde, by clicking this broken picture. :mipdodgy: It's intentional. Honestly.

01-08-2004 08:04 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by billywoods1
Hmm, I really don't think it should be limited to elites and up. If we add the 100-200 people who are regularly here to the elites list it'll become a bit worthless. How about a 'respected members' group or something? It's just to keep 'elite members' as it is, a small group of the elites. 

But elites do nothing now :P so why would we create another group? it would be the same as being elite =P

We dont need to add 200 people neither :undecided:
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
01-08-2004 08:07 PM
billywoods1

35 / Male / –
O.P.
No, but you know what I mean. We have loads of regular members. Plus, it's just the value of the title - if loads of people had it it would become worthless.

01-08-2004 08:09 PM
bach_m
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
i didn't say loads. i meant maybe 5-10 more people. thats not alot. and regulars arn't necesarily respected
01-08-2004 08:10 PM
Pages: (20): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 12 13 14 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: