What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger Plus! 3 Progress

Pages: (18): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 15 16 17 » Last »
Messenger Plus! 3 Progress
Author: Message:
Huuf

44 / Male / –
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 Progress
No but IF plus keeps pressing the accept button, the 5 simultaneous error message will show up, and again, and again, and again.......
03-21-2004 08:18 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! 3 Progress
That's true, and that's why Auto-Accept is not enabled by default and why you can chose for who you want to enable it. If you get flooded, it's your responsability :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-21-2004 08:22 PM
Huuf

44 / Male / –
So, once in a while you get accidently get 6 files and the user get flooded, can't msgplus look into the last sended message, and if the same message is displayed again, it doesn't try to accept the download again =/
03-21-2004 08:46 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
so the warning is displayed at the receiver side? I think once I tried to send a lot of files and the warning poped up in my side, the sender and the receiver didn't notice that...

well, i'll test it, however I trust you, if you said you tested it before.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
If you get flooded, it's your responsability .
I agree, but Plus should do something too.
What if 6 contacts send 1 file each one and you can only receive 5? Plus should not accept the last one, or better, send a message (that should be able to be personaliced :P) that says "I can't receive this file now. I'll receive it later or Try sending it to me later" and plus cancels the accepting.

I hope you get me.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
03-21-2004 09:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
brianjdupuis

40 / Male / –
WOW i'm glad there is a lot of discussion of my idea on here!! I hope that i'm not causing you to much problems Patchou lol!!

I wouldn't mind testing out the Auto_Accept Patchou to see, how you went about doing this feature and if there is any more suggestions I could give it to you!

I Know people said it was suggested before, but I really think i was the first. I looked through almost every thread possible and the only person I could find was ME!! LOL

AGAIN THANK YOU PATCHOU!

You're our Big Major Msn Messenger Hero :o)

p.s : want more screenshots lol!

This post was edited on 03-21-2004 at 11:07 PM by brianjdupuis.
03-21-2004 10:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Great work Patch!

I can't wait for MP3 (beta too) :P
\o/ I have an even better idea, drop the name Messenger Plus! 3 and call it MP3 ;) [just joking, adding to what I said to you via Messenger :P]

Anyway, don't bother reading my post, I don't want to keep you from programming MP3 =p!

Good luck on another successful release!

-ES

brianjdupuis:
Suggestions and Ideas are given for the sole improvement of Messenger Plus!, people don't get credit in Messenger Plus! unless they are testers or contribute actual CODE. You may have made a suggestion that is popular, but screenshots don't count as code. Also, this feature has been requested countless times and shot down by the respected members of this forum and myself. Chances are then, that they are all deleted by a Testing and Trashing prune.

Regarding being a beta tester: Patchou has already created a list of Beta testers that he trusts and to be quite honest, Patchou hardly knows you, he hasn't seen any of your experience and whether or not you are trustable is questionable. As Patchou has already stated before, he's already sure of who is a beta tester and doesn't require anymore. Once again, this wasn't your idea. It has been suggested many times, via IM, IRC and the forums.

Furthermore, I don't think it's polite to go into the IRC channel saying you made the Auto-Accept feature in Messenger Plus! I don't find it at all respectful to steal Patchou's credit..if it was done unintentionally, then sorry.

03-22-2004 01:48 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! 3 Progress
I think I see what you mean for the auto-accept, and one thing is sure: I never saw any popup on the receiver side while I was testing. This is not supposed to happen. If it does happen and you knwo a good way to reproduce the problem, let me know and I'll fix it :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-22-2004 05:31 AM
Huuf

44 / Male / –
Ok, created 2 test accounts and going to email the results to patchou,
(patchou if you don't get anything say it here)
03-22-2004 11:59 AM
sock
Elite Member

Back in White! (with red stripes)

38 / Male / Flag
If the error is only written in the conversation window, I see no reason to have Plus! do the limiting itself. Being flooded with that kind of messages is exactly the same as being flooded with normal messages from a contact. It can happen to anyone, even without Plus!.
Furthermore, in this case you can enable auto-accept for trusted parties only, while text floods can come from anyone on your list (or even from people not on your list if your security settings are loose).

Getting pop-ups from it is a different thing though. :p

This post was edited on 03-22-2004 at 07:07 PM by sock.
[Image: patchoulolhaxun7.jpg]
03-22-2004 07:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
:-/

sock: person A sends to B, B has plus with autoaccept enabled: If A can't send, he gets the usual message from messenger in a message box (usual message box of Windows...), there's no message in the conversation window and noone gets flooded.

If it is B who can't receive, then Plus sends a message to A saying "I can't receive now" and who's flooded (if it happens, what, btw, is less probable)? A is. A receives the "I can't receive now" messages and the more times A tries to send the file the more messages s/he gets... In B's conversation window those messages are shown too, true, but who cares? If B has autoaccepted enabled that's because s/he is away (i meant s/he isn't at the computer, not necessarily in away status) and then when s/he returns will see the conversation with lots of "I can't receive now" messages... well, s/he closes it and nothing has happened.

But there's a but: What if B is talking at the computer (not away) and has autoaccept enabled? Well, in that case s/he'd be flooded, but would be able to disable that. Anyway, in that case, there's another question: When should Plus autoaccept files? I may have autoaccept enabled but if I'm at the computer I want to select the folder where the file should be saved and even if I want to accept it or not (even if the contact is one of the trusted ones allowed in autoaccept configuration). With all this I mean Plus should provide a way to notice if the user is at the computer and then disable temporally the autoaccept.

The last thing is: Without autoacept, you can be flooded too. A sends files to B and B doesn't want them. B cancels the sending but a sends again and again (and / or sends 20 thousand files at the same time...). The flooding is somethig that may happen with or without plus.

Well, I hope Patchou finds the right way to implement this. :)
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
03-22-2004 08:46 PM
Pages: (18): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 15 16 17 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites