What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger Plus! 3 Progress

Pages: (18): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
Messenger Plus! 3 Progress
Author: Message:
crazy_missie

Grin  RE: Messenger Plus! 3 Progress
Hey, Just a suggestion.
Is it possible to have different sounds for different contacts who log on and who type you a message. So you know when important people come on or talk to you.
Thanks.
MSN freak
03-17-2004 03:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 Progress
quote:
Originally posted by crazy_missie
Hey, Just a suggestion.
Is it possible to have different sounds for different contacts who log on and who type you a message. So you know when important people come on or talk to you.
Thanks.
MSN freak

Already is a feature in plus! for that
Plus! > Preferences > Sounds > Contact Events
03-17-2004 03:16 AM
sock
Elite Member

Back in White! (with red stripes)

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 Progress
Mega-post from sock!! :banana:

quote:
Originally posted by nus
I hope that you can include the logs feature in this version.

o_O  what logs feature?

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Well Microsoft already kinda stole the logging idea from Plus!... but it doesn't cause any conflicts, just choose the logging system you like the most.

Also, IM logging was in use way before Messenger Plus!'s implementation (actually, it was already there in the first IM client, ICQ), so they didn't really steal that idea... :p

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
So we'll see another screenshot next week? :D
I was wondering about that too. :p On the other hand, by next week I may see more than just a screenshot. :D :banana:

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
If I put the buttons in the toolbar, then some people wont see it (because they use hand writing, because their language is bigger and takes all the space, etc...). Ctrl+R is just as convinient :).

(also regarding to all of the replies to this matter)
I think it should be kept this way, otherwise it could: 1. make the IM window too messy, 2. confuse newbies as Guido said, and 3. it'd be likely to cause GUI glitches. For example, try to resize an IM window to its minimal size - all those buttons just wouldn't fit in there, and that's likely to cause trouble.
Sure, Patchou could make the buttons disappear or something in that case, but I don't think it's worth it because of the first two reasons, and because it may take a lot of coding and testing time.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
As for the directory creation and setup switch request, I'll do that.
By "setup switch" you mean being able to install Plus! for a specific user only? (as I requested:gfdrin:)
If so, :banana:.

BTW, will the new Plus! menu exist in MSN Messenger 5.0 and Windows Messenger? Just being curious. :p

This post was edited on 03-17-2004 at 07:24 AM by sock.
[Image: patchoulolhaxun7.jpg]
03-17-2004 05:38 AM
sock
Elite Member

Back in White! (with red stripes)

38 / Male / Flag
Had to split it into two parts because of the smiley limit. :blah:

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
Glad you guys like (the small bit of) what is to come in Plus Reinvented (:D i like that tagline).

:D :banana:

It was MP3 Reinvented though (ie. a parody on MPEG Layer-III:p), but that will undoubtedly make people think it has something to with music, which isn't good. :p With "Plus!" it's more serious. (Y) :p

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
we already know that plus has the ability to show weather the ping/pong commands have been returned (in the info box) howabout makeing the plus button greyscale when the people dont/unknown-if they-have  plus and full color when it it know that they have plus. :gfdrin:
I'd say this is a good idea, but the /ping thingie isn't 100% reliable when checking if the contact has Plus! or not (they could disable the PING feature, there could be network problems, etc.), so having that considered I don't think it's a good idea. :p

This post was edited on 03-17-2004 at 07:25 AM by sock.
[Image: patchoulolhaxun7.jpg]
03-17-2004 05:40 AM
brianjdupuis

40 / Male / –
Great Job Patchou, and I love the screenshot that you revealed to us!! I was wondering if you have implemented my feature that I had suggested to you about Auto-Accepting yet?

ps: Again great job keep up the good work!! :D

This post was edited on 03-17-2004 at 05:42 AM by brianjdupuis.
03-17-2004 05:40 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! 3 Progress
Well, I don't remember what you suggestion was but Auto-Accept is there and you can activate it by default for any contact you want :).

* Patchou just got the MP3 Reinvented joke
...damn I'm slow
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-17-2004 07:03 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
chris
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
Hey i know we got the Plus notifys so when someone changes there name and u can change that in Main window right click a name then messenger plus then in notifications i think it woudl be good to have like so u can set a sound event for once when somone gets on either patchou could preset the sounds or we could but like just a drop down menu that will make a "special sound" that stands out from the rest. becuse i like to put my music on and go lay down and with all the msn sounds comming on it could be anyone and i dont always want to get up when someone comes online and the plus menu is quick and easy to right click say play this sound when this person gets on.. see what i mean.. if not i tried... also any word on alphebitising names on the contact list... besdieds that excelent work and cant wait for tha release:)
03-17-2004 07:30 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
hafizaz91

Great :)
Can you add a feature that will allow us to check for Plus! without typing ping in the chat window? I don't want to waste time telling ppl who dont have Plus! wtf Ping means...

In short, can we check whether some1 has Plus! without notifying them?

Edit

quote:
Originally posted by chris
also any word on alphebitising names on the contact list... besdieds that excelent work and cant wait for tha release

Umm....Names on the contact list are already alphabetized ;) but of course most people start their names with symbols..8o| makes it hard 2 sort...

This post was edited on 03-17-2004 at 09:51 AM by hafizaz91.
03-17-2004 09:47 AM
jameseuk

all sounds good, can we expect a new screenshot every few days just to tease us more?;):P

This post was edited on 03-17-2004 at 09:52 AM by jameseuk.
03-17-2004 09:51 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by chris
Hey i know we got the Plus notifys so when someone changes there name and u can change that in Main window right click a name then messenger plus then in notifications i think it woudl be good to have like so u can set a sound event for once when somone gets on either patchou could preset the sounds or we could but like just a drop down menu that will make a "special sound" that stands out from the rest. becuse i like to put my music on and go lay down and with all the msn sounds comming on it could be anyone and i dont always want to get up when someone comes online and the plus menu is quick and easy to right click say play this sound when this person gets on.. see what i mean.. if not i tried... also any word on alphebitising names on the contact list... besdieds that excelent work and cant wait for tha release:)
Already there:
Plus! > Preferences > Sounds > Contact Events...
(I thought you knew that, being a posting freak)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-17-2004 04:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (18): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: