What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » msgplus abuse @ neowin :P

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
msgplus abuse @ neowin :P
Author: Message:
martin

37 / Male / –
RE: msgplus abuse @ neowin :P
quote:
Originally posted by anubis_kree_
They seem to be talking about the automatic update...not the full install
like ive been saying on there [im themartin] that the update is the same is if u manually downed it
04-24-2004 10:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by martin
like ive been saying on there [im themartin] that the update is the same is if u manually downed it
Yeah I know it is but there are a few idiots who think it isn't...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
04-24-2004 11:01 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by anubis_kree_
Yeah I know it is but there are a few idiots who think it isn't...

They don't know any better of course I know how not to install the sponsor after nearly a year and a hlaf at these forums they don't :P .  Neowin supports Plus!  Just as mess does.  People may not like it but thats there opinion .  Just as I don't like Yahoo Messenger
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
04-24-2004 11:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
Well it seems that now they are saying that they'd rather pay for Plus! than manage with a simple option to install a sponsor program or not...Geez
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
04-24-2004 03:12 PM
M-Head

.:|DaBomb|:.

35 / Male / –
Well how studid is that? I did point out that you can donate money to Patchou...I couldn't resist posting there.
6896 days, 23 hours, 11 minutes, 43 seconds ago Until I am 17.
6984 days, 21 hours, 34 minutes, 43 seconds ago Until I am playing Resident Evil 4 (PAL, GameCube).
04-24-2004 03:44 PM
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
I'm not saying anyone is doing this, because I have only skim read the topic on neowin. But please remember not to directly affect the value of these forums with any aggresive opinions of your own.

As Wabz said, these people are entitled to their own opinion also. Remember that when people start calling each other "morons", "idiots" and "n00bs".

Thanks.

This post was edited on 04-24-2004 at 03:51 PM by Johnny_Mac.
04-24-2004 03:50 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
Let's get to the point, only very few people would install it itntentionally. Who wants adware installed in the computer? The problem is that Patchou knows many people who don't care about reading what the agreement says (and the options themselves) simply accept and go on without caring much. This is an error of those who install, we should always read any agreement we're about to accept.
If some people simply accepted and are now complaining about this... they just don't have the right to do so. Indeed we would have the right to blame them for not having read the agreement. But as we are civilised people who know why we have to read agreements we have to be polite to those members who don't.

And nothig should be changed in the agreement and the options: MP! is really getting profit of those who actively accept without caring, don't you forget it ;) (in early sponsor days there was only  a checked ACCEPT box by default one had to unecheck in order to install MP! without sponsor and many people complained; now you have to actively accept the agreement checking either of the options, which assures you have not overseen anything and you are ACCEPTING)

Btw: they always have the option to uninstall the sponsor, after all. :)
04-24-2004 03:58 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
There will always tbe complaining, don't worry about it :). I'm always wondering how to make my agreement better but I don't find good sollutions to that. In fact, that's why there's no more Automatic/Custom installation mode in Plus!3.

I'm happy with the Neowin's users reaction. except for the first page of unjustified insults, the other replies have already shown the original poster how wrong he was.
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-24-2004 04:22 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Xplus

i love flange

34 / Male / –
meh, its just a little toolbar on IE, and its a good toolbar at that, quite handy if you give it a chance, thought a little annoying because if you do rightclick and click off it, then next site u load loads it up again, but hey, its easy to remove
Those who live by the sword...... get shot by those who don't :p
04-25-2004 12:51 AM
extrodity

38 / Male / –
RE: RE: msgplus abuse @ neowin :P
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
Please, do not call them names (or n00bs for that matter).
I can understand their point of view: they installed something and see stuff they didn't want. I can see they would blame Messenger Plus!.

We're here, in my opinion, to explain to them what exactly happened. No need to call them names :-/

I agree, but i would also say that you should never come to the messenger plus! support forum and start to post instulting comments about msgplus and more importantl about patchou :o

especially when they are the ones in error :^)

so before anyone starts to post rude and insulting post because the have a problem, take a few minutes to read around the forum.  the odds are your problem has been discussed and fixed :)
04-25-2004 07:35 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: