What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » msgplus abuse @ neowin :P

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
msgplus abuse @ neowin :P
Author: Message:
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
O.P. msgplus abuse @ neowin :P
quote:
Originally posted by Monkeh
  FYI, When you install the automatically downloaded MSN Plus update (support for 6.2), it automatically installs a toolbar and some other kind(s) of spyware onto your computer. One was installed into the Program Files/Mp3Grid folder and another was installed into Documents and Settings/Local Data/Temp (Enable view hidden folders to view this folder).

So be careful when you try to update... and download it separately if possible, since the installer would probably have an option to disable the ad/spyware (unless Patchou has become greedier).

Also, a message for Patchou if you're reading this... f*ck you.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=160532&hl=

hmmmmmmmmmm.........

i didnt download it that way...

and i didnt get the mp3grid and blah blah all the rest

most of the thread is negative
such as
quote:
Originally posted by HellBender

QUOTE (Monkeh @ Apr 23 2004, 20:16)
Also, a message for Patchou if you're reading this... f*ck you.

Agreed. God damn greedy idiots, both MSNPlus and DeadAIM were excellent pieces of software.. then their creators got greedy as hell.

quote:
Originally posted by geo
Msgplus just keeps digging itself deeper into the hole of ****..

but then when u get onto page 2 :) things seem brighter :P

quote:
Originally posted by Gergith
i dont knwo WHAT the **** you people are talking about.. i have used plus since it was first around, AGES ago, and i have yet to have adware put onto my computer.. i dont know what your peoples problem is, but you do realize its an OPTION to have or not have the adware?
quote:
Originally posted by Relativity_17
Huh, how then, have I used Plus! for over two years, and have never had a problem with spyware?

You idiots really should quit spreading your FUD. Patchou has forsaken a lot to program Plus! (including risking his relationship with his significant other) for us, and release it for FREE, with the OPTION OF NOT INSTALLING SPYWARE. You ungrateful assholes better power off your computers, unplug them, and pull out your tin foil hats... Patchou? Greedy? That's complete bull****. So you n00bs, STFU.

any way. thought i would bring it to your attention,

i thought if we got loads of peeps on this forum to shout at them :P

hehehehehe

yours
jackasswanabe
04-24-2004 09:07 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
RE: msgplus abuse @ neowin :P
Darn those n00bs who dont know to read :blah:
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
04-24-2004 09:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
Oh great more morons mouthing off about the sponsor program that they've installed and haven't took the effort to look up...I'm going to sign up and tell them because I feel sorry for them
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
04-24-2004 09:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
Please, do not call them names (or n00bs for that matter).
I can understand their point of view: they installed something and see stuff they didn't want. I can see they would blame Messenger Plus!.

We're here, in my opinion, to explain to them what exactly happened. No need to call them names :-/
04-24-2004 09:16 AM
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
Really Patchou should add a message box at the sponsor installetion part and start with "I refuse"
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
04-24-2004 09:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
KnightieBoy

Yeah right!

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
Please, do not call them names (or n00bs for that matter).
I can understand their point of view: they installed something and see stuff they didn't want. I can see they would blame Messenger Plus!.

We're here, in my opinion, to explain to them what exactly happened. No need to call them names :-/
I agree, but I personally wouldn't act like them, but rather find out what went wrong, or if there is any information on the pLus!-website, but that's just me
[Image: MsgPlusNL.gif]
04-24-2004 09:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by KnightieBoy
I agree, but I personally wouldn't act like them, but rather find out what went wrong, or if there is any information on the pLus!-website, but that's just me
Neither would I, but I do know I wouldn't like to be called a moron when I went to a support forum :)
04-24-2004 09:58 AM
martin

37 / Male / –
from same thread
quote:
Totally Agreed! Patchou is my hero
so true :bow:
04-24-2004 10:02 AM
KnightieBoy

Yeah right!

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
quote:
Originally posted by KnightieBoy
Neither would I, but I do know I wouldn't like to be called a moron when I went to a support forum :)
yes, I know + I agree, but what puzzles me is why people complain and complain instead of finding out what happened. I can understand why they're angry, but it would seem more of a common-sense-thing to do is to see if there are any proper uninstall instructions or any other problems, you could atleast post here in the forums to report (in your eyes) a bug or whatever, rather than complain with sentences like "Patchou is greedy"
[Image: MsgPlusNL.gif]
04-24-2004 10:10 AM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
They seem to be talking about the automatic update...not the full install but I just posted about it on the thread...

quote:
Hello, I'm from Messenger Plus! Community forums and I'd like to point out some things about the sponsor program.
The sponsor program isn't the usual ad-ware crap you see around on the internet. It's specifically designed for Patchou (creator of Messenger Plus!) not to be intrusive. Attempting to remove the sponsor program by anti-spyware tools or just deleting it isn't the way to go about it. You must uninstall Plus! and re-install it and deny the sponsor program (I attached an image).
If you have installed the sponsor program and have tried to remove it by anti-spyware or deleting it manually you will need to re-install Plus! with the sponsor program and then uninstall it and then re-install it without the sponsor program...
More information at http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598
I hope this experience hasn't discouraged you from using Messenger Plus!
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
04-24-2004 10:18 AM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: