What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » my encrypted log files worked but now they dont

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
my encrypted log files worked but now they dont
Author: Message:
Kanuck

RE: my encrypted log files worked but now they dont
I'm having a similar problem.  Somehow, at some point, some of my logs became encrypted with a password that is not mine.  At one point, I did begin using a different password for things; however, neither of my two passwords, or a blank password, will open these files.  There are no other users on my computer, and the only possible explanation is that Plus! did something wrong and encrypted them with a password I don't know.

Also, disabling encryption as described above doesn't decrypt them, nor does it decrypt logs in the monthly archives.  I'd like to just decrypt everything and go to plain text again, as that seems to cause the least headaches.
05-23-2004 08:38 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
her123hcd

Hey Sorry bout the spelling

35 / Female / –
O.P. RE: my encrypted log files worked but now they dont
good to know that im not the only one that had this problem, anyone tell me how to password a file and have no encripted logs in it? is that posible even?
05-27-2004 10:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
If you have a password for a file, then the file is encrypted...I believe
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
05-27-2004 10:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
thrasher_maniac

36 / Male / –
i have had the same problem recently. many of my chat logs will not open and say I am entering the wrong password. i thought maybe one of my friends changed the password for encryption, so i put a lock on my preferences so it couldnt happen again and asked everybody who had used my computer if they changed ne thing. they had all said no, but until i read about others with this problem i assumed somebody had done it. possibly there is an error with the Plus encryption? it seems many ppl are having this problem, some of my logs open some dont...
05-28-2004 07:11 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Hum... could you all, who have problems, send me three of your logs along with your password to mplus@patchou.com ? I'll investigate the problem.

Thanks,
Patchou
[Image: signature2.gif]
05-29-2004 04:49 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
FazyRazy

mine has been doing the same thing it's either that or I'm putting in a wrong password... I made it simple so I could remember but I can't open any of my encrypted files only occasionally event logs. I don't want to send it to you with out asking so here is
06-08-2004 03:18 AM
bikefly

Help~~~   8o|   :S    me too~~   someone
06-11-2004 07:10 AM
pharees

i am having the same problem but it was working fine untill i upgraded to msgplus3, could there be some kind of bug in it?
06-11-2004 09:46 AM
quiksilv3r

i may be wrong but i ve noticed that most if not all of the encrypted files which have had the passwords change for some reason seem to be those that i view / open while chatting with the person. or something along those lines. maybe someone with the time can check it out.
06-23-2004 05:06 PM
ranmasword

I used to work with msgplus 2.45 and my encrypted files worked perfectly... after i upgraded to the latest version they got all messed up, i got different logs for the same people and the password is now incorrect, even if i didnt change anything!
What can i do to reverse this problem? i cant install the old version due to compatibility with the latest messenger version... what can i do?? nothing works... even decryption software is unable to recover those files... i need them! :'(
06-24-2004 06:11 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: