What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » The Best Web Browers?

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
Poll: What is the best web browser?
Internet Explorer
MSIE
Msn Explorer
Opera
Netscape
Mozilla
Firefox
AOL
Any Mac's  Browser's( I dunno what they are)
Avant Browser
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
The Best Web Browers?
Author: Message:
lhunath

.{ Lord Daisy }.

39 / Male / –
RE: The Best Web Browers?
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
Well there is like 2 pages of a certain person just throwing a tantrum like a freakin 2 year old would do.....So whats the point of having it opened?
I think you're not understanding what is being said if you think that, though. =/ It's a normal discussion where people give their opinions, which is nothing to avoid..... Shouldn't take everything in such an offensive way always.. =O
{ -[Image: lhunath.gif]- }
05-31-2004 02:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
can i just say, we will never reach an agreement on this, some people prefer having compatibility even it costs them security (MSIE) some people like having everything ready for them from when they start, with little customisation required (Opera) and some people like chopping and changing things to suit their needs (Firefox).

So there is know point of having this topic
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
05-31-2004 02:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lhunath

.{ Lord Daisy }.

39 / Male / –
RE: RE: The Best Web Browers?
quote:
Originally posted by saralk
So there is know point of having this topic
Hmm.. did you read my post? =)
quote:
Originally posted by lhunath
With other words, interresting for those who know how to filter out decent information, but only as a guidance to what they are to expect should they test the browser. A maze to get lost in and be deceived for those who cannot and don't bother to, or aren't as openminded / bright to.
Or am I wrong ? Do enlighten me :)

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
An btw,
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
For 1 I need to try that firefox couse all yall make it seem that it is da best...
He uses IE, and look, he will give Firefox a try. That means that he's not closed to suggestions about browsers, ie he doesn't love the browser he's using above any other.

I think we just found a purpose to the topic; at least now he'll broaden his mind and try other things, I'm not saying he'll see he's wrong or anything, but he just might decide that Firefox is better. For him.

* lhunath loves discussions.
{ -[Image: lhunath.gif]- }
05-31-2004 02:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
There is a very big point that everyone is missing. These types of threads are usually where people say what features they like. Let's say you use Browser X, and it has tabbed browsing and a pop-up stopper, but you want more features. Let's say browser Y has tabbed browsing and a pop-up stopper, but let's you install plugins. You would probably switch from Browser X to Browser Y. The point is to make everyone happy.

And yes this makes snese, in a profound sort of way.
[Image: 7.png]
05-31-2004 03:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: The Best Web Browers?
Your right Joe, That was the purpose ;-)
-----OFFTOPIC-----
Joe, get on msn dude!!
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
05-31-2004 03:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

* Millenium_edition goes for firefox

it has extensions and everything etc etc
opera is too heavy i think, but the popup blocker is the best
05-31-2004 03:05 PM
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
Mozilla firefox is the best
06-01-2004 11:31 AM
M-Head

.:|DaBomb|:.

35 / Male / –
About the Opera vs Mozilla battle, go here: http://tntluoma.com/beyond30/2003/08/opera_vs_mozilla

I vote for Opera. I absolutely hate Firefox. The linked page says it all. :p

Also, if you are an Opera user, or just interested in it maybe, check this out: http://tntluoma.com/opera/lover/7/

This post was edited on 06-01-2004 at 03:04 PM by M-Head.
6895 days, 5 hours, 33 minutes, 7 seconds ago Until I am 17.
6983 days, 3 hours, 56 minutes, 7 seconds ago Until I am playing Resident Evil 4 (PAL, GameCube).
06-01-2004 03:02 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by M-Head
About the Opera vs Mozilla battle, go here: http://tntluoma.com/beyond30/2003/08/opera_vs_mozilla

I vote for Opera. I absolutely hate Firefox. The linked page says it all. :p

Also, if you are an Opera user, or just interested in it maybe, check this out: http://tntluoma.com/opera/lover/7/
I've read the page... The guy who did the comparison isn't objective. It's a typical defend for Opera , telling the advantages over another browser as vague as possible to make it sound better (just like you find many pages for other browsers)... Read the comments, they say enough.... :refuck:

This post was edited on 06-01-2004 at 03:47 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-01-2004 03:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
I voted for Firefox. And I shall tell you exactly why, and how I came to this decision. I take a slightly different approach in that I do not think spouting a list of features is a great way to explain why one is preferable to another.

I was a happy IE user for many years, when my brother recommended Mozilla Firebird (as it was then known). I gave it a try for about 30 minutes. I didn't like it. I removed it from my computer, and went back to IE.

I later read a column in a computer magazine, whereby the reporter mentioned he was using a new browser called Firebird. Having seen two recommendations for it, I decided to give it another go :P

Its been on my system ever since. What I had failed to do the first time, was use it for a long enough period of time. The first time I tried it, all 30 minutes told me, was that it was different to IE in many ways. I didn't like change, so I didn't give it a fair chance.

I also tried out Opera and Avant. I gave both of these a chance to impress me. Both of them are excellent browsers, and I understand why they both have a loyal following. :)

But they were not for me. Why I prefer Firefox isn't important. The fact is, I gave each of them a fair chance to impress. And I made my choice.

I did the same thing when I grew tired of WS_FTP. I tried out several programs, and settled upon FlashFXP which I then bought.

I think a much more productive thread would be, what browser alternatives are there? You should all then be able to try them out, and decide for yourselves which is better for you. Whether it be Opera, Avant, Firefox, or even IE, at least then you will be well informed! :gfdrin:

Rant over :refuck:
06-01-2004 03:51 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: