What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Greek Translation Finished

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Greek Translation Finished
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Greek Translation Finished
Nice, but I suggest to add also a revision number, because a file can change more times in a single day. So not only add a date, but also a revision number of that date. eg: ;Version 3.01.94 5/6/2004 rev1

The top comment line shouldn't be removed when it is send to Patchou. That defeats the purpose of putting it there in the first place. Like I previously said, translators are allowed to put 4 comment lines there.

Though, what you must delete are all the original english comments before each topic and keys. Remove this to reduce the filesize; this is asked in TranslationGuidelines.doc:
quote:
from TranslationGuidelines.doc
The only components you have to translate are the values. Sections and Keys must stay unchanged as they are known by Messenger Plus!. Comments are here to help you understand some parts of the file. When you don’t need them anymore, please, remove them so that the final file doesn’t contain useless data.

So, I took the liberty to fix this and also to remove some other left-overs of the previous translation. I did not alter anything to the translation itself. (I also didn't checked the translation for other technical errors, didn't had time yet)

Advanced checking of length:

The length of the strings in the setup and errormessages and all, can be check by using ResHack. To check this you need to open MsgPlus.exe and/or MsgPlusH.dll and edit the appropiate dialog-texts and compile the result. Or right-click on a control and edit it's caption...

Note that you must be realy careful not to overwite the original DLL and EXE, so make a backup first. Also, this is a very painstaking and "advanced" way of checking your translation. But in this way you can check almost every possible dialog.

You can check the setup screens in similar way, but you need to extract the MPlus3_Setup.exe first. Do this by starting up the Plus! download file and don't do anything else (so, leave it at the first screen). The MPlus3_Setup.exe is extracted to your temporary windows folder (mostly c:\windows\temp). Note that the translations are also there as m3pQc??-files and you can overwrite some translation with your Greek one and check the setup screens in realtime.

more about this here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=26798

.zip File Attachment: Lang_Greek.zip (27.96 KB)
This file has been downloaded 184 time(s).

This post was edited on 06-05-2004 at 11:42 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-05-2004 07:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
panos78

Makedonas

45 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Greek Translation Finished
I have checked the installation process windows and I attach the file for greek translation!
I will wait now for Patchou to publish it.
Enjoy!
06-06-2004 10:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: