What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » [request] Option to turn on/off T&T in "Latest Posts"

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
Would you like an option in your "User CP" to show/hide T&T threads in the "Latest Posts"-page?
This poll is closed.
YES, I would like that a lot (those damn spammers)... 21 75%
NO, I'm a spammer and I want to annoy everybody with my useless stuff... 7 25%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

[request] Option to turn on/off T&T in "Latest Posts"
Author: Message:
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: [request] Option to turn on/off T&T in "Latest Posts"
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Actually, I don't agree with either option. I just voted "no" because I don't want T&T excluded. 
so does that mean that the option to hide t&t in the latest posts page isn't going to be added ?
07-03-2004 02:01 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

i think this should happen, there may also be less spam, because spammers usually just go into view latest posts and search for t&t, cause they're too dumb to actually press Testing and Trashing :)
07-03-2004 08:50 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [request] Option to turn on/off T&T in "Latest Posts"
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Actually, I don't agree with either option. I just voted "no" because I don't want T&T excluded.
I realy don't get that, WDZ....

T&T wont be excluded from the forum, if that is what you mean... The option (default: off) will be in the users CP. The user can choose to hide/show the T&T threads in the "latest post" page if they visit that page....

It's not an option that you must tick/untick whenever you create a new T&T thread, so that thread wont/will show up....

It's a local option for the user only, so he can decide if he want to include/exclude all the T&T threads in the "latest posts" when he visits that page.

Spammers are still free to not change that option so that they will see T&T threads in "latest posts" (proberly they wont even know that the option exists).....

This post was edited on 07-03-2004 at 09:37 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-03-2004 09:30 AM
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
I would like the whole forum deleted because its what causes alot of the spam around here.. People know they can get away with it so they post crap in any forum they want and all we do is move it to T&T or delete it.
When the server load hits a particular level, or whatever thing maybe causing speed issues; T&T should reply when a tempoarily disabled message IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by Kafman
WDZ you are an admin of this forums, you MUST give the example of a good behavior, not spamming around like you confirmed with your vote, other way, I'm not saying that an elite, a moderator or an admin can't spam in T&T, but in that vote you confirm that you are supporting that annoying spammers.
Maybe I am mistaken, maybe not.
WTF?!

If he doesnt want to add something thats his choice. WDZ would be programming the feature, if he doesnt want to do it thats his right. Supporting spammers? Bullshit.

This post was edited on 07-03-2004 at 04:12 PM by Johnny_Mac.
07-03-2004 04:09 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
Cookie: I know all that. :-/ I voted "no" because I personally want T&T on my latest posts page. Looks like I've been out-voted though. :p
07-03-2004 04:22 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Cookie: I know all that. :-/ I voted "no" because I personally want T&T on my latest posts page. Looks like I've been out-voted though. :p

so does that mean you're going to add it? :P
07-03-2004 04:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Cookie: I know all that.  I voted "no" because I personally want T&T on my latest posts page.

the suggestion is to have an option in which you can decide whether or not to show T&T in the your "latest post" page. this means that some users could see T&T and other members who decide to turn on the option to hide T&T would not see it in the "latest post" page
07-03-2004 04:49 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
I KNOW :lol:

My vote means "I don't want it personally," not "I don't want anyone to have it" :p

Anyways, I've got latest.php open in my editor right now... I've been wanting to make some improvements to the code, so I might as well get 2 things done at once. :) Don't be surprised if latest.php is unavailable for a while later...
07-03-2004 04:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Anyways, I've got latest.php open in my editor right now... I've been wanting to make some improvements to the code, so I might as well get 2 things done at once.  Don't be surprised if latest.php is unavailable for a while later...

so its been added ? thats great news :D:D:D:D
07-03-2004 05:10 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
IMO, the poll is very dodgy.
Both options are too radical. I didn't vote since I don't agree with any of them.
Thus Kafman got confused. WDZ didn't actually mean he is a spammer. But he voted "NO, I'm a spammer and I want to annoy everybody with my useless stuff..."... :dodgy:

The poll options are spam themselves :refuck:
07-03-2004 05:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: