What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Put Contacts on Desktop

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Put Contacts on Desktop
Author: Message:
Ro@dKill

O.P. Put Contacts on Desktop
Hi all,
I was looking at my good old ICQ (not that i use it much) but there is however one very cool feature there.
One thing that has always been a bit stupid about MSN is the fact that IF you want to send a message you first have to open the menu, click on the contact and then type the message.
In ICQ you have the option to pull one or more Contacts onto your Desktop. Then if they send you a message you can set it to open the message-menu or just blink on the desktop. If you want to send a message you just right-click on the Desktop-Contact and then type the message.

My question is if this can be done in MSN or if somebody can make it work.

Thanx,

Ro@dKill
07-06-2004 12:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
tomfletcherman

35 / Male / –
RE: Put Contacts on Desktop
I'd love that! Everyone would use that feature. You could probably implement it in VB using a shortcut to a program, like jnrzloader does...
07-06-2004 06:44 PM
Ro@dKill

O.P. RE: Put Contacts on Desktop
I thought so. However since im not the programming wizard of the world, I kind of hoped that somebody here (who knows how to do it) would also think that it was a great idea and maybe make it for all of us :D

So if you know somebody or hopefully somebody is reading this thread, then we can hope that soon we will have this great feature.

Ro@dKill
07-06-2004 07:04 PM
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
Hmmm...
I guess i can make it...
But I have to use the messenger api.
Which it does not work on all computers :S
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
07-06-2004 10:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I'm currently adding this feature in Plus!, it will be there in the next release.
[Image: signature2.gif]
07-07-2004 01:59 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
I think it's like where you can create an icon on your desktop to open a convo window with that specific contact.
07-07-2004 03:25 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Ro@dKill

I looked around on ICQ's page to see if i could find out how to explain it. I found this:

They call it "Floating"

"Floating" On - You may use the Floating option with specific users on your Contact List, so their names appear to be floating wherever you place them on your desktop.

I think it only works in they Full-version but i will try to install it and make a screenshot just to make it 100% clear :)

Ro@dKill
07-07-2004 09:37 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Ok... so it's not like a Shortcut to some program with a commandline defining which contact U want to talk to?...

Patchou!!! U litle ***** :D:D... I was going to do that!! :P..... but ok, if U are already making it, then cool... :D:D... U are doing the way that I wrote (A "shortcut" U can put on the desktop or in a folder or in the "Quick Start Panel" or anything like that, and then when U start that "Shortcut" msg plus will make sure that the conversation window with that contact will popup?)..

Ro@adkill: I am still not sure wheater I get it or not... :S... Will U post a screenshot soon?.... The way I understand what U are talking about is something like this:

That U can "Take out" the contact from the contact list and put that person in a seperate window, only the name of course, so that person can "Stay on the desktop", not like an icon but like a floating window?, and then U can minimize MSN messenger, and that contact's name will still be avaible to mouseclick on to do a conversation with him????... am I getting it right?, this would be possibile, and infact a really cool idea... :D... maybe i'll try to do/add that....

This post was edited on 07-07-2004 at 02:28 PM by (CyBeRDuDe).
07-07-2004 02:26 PM
Ro@dKill

Here is what i mean.

You can drag 'n' drop the contact and place the where ever you want on the desktop.

the colour show that STATUS each contact has. IF you want to send a message you just double-click on the contact and you get the message-window. IF you right-click you get the menu just like in MSN.

IF a contact sends you a message the contact will start to blink or the message-window will open automatically dependin on you settings.

You can also select if you want the contact to "stay on top" or not.

I hope this give a better idea of what im talking about, if not let me know or U can try to install ICQ2003b and try it out. The LITE version doesnt have this feature.

Let me know,

Ro@dKill

.bmp File Attachment: floating_names.bmp (115.12 KB)
This file has been downloaded 186 time(s).
07-07-2004 03:13 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
I might try to do this... :D:D....
07-07-2004 05:01 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version