What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)

Pages: (50): « First « 10 11 12 13 [ 14 ] 15 16 17 18 » Last »
8 votes - 4.5 average   File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)
Author: Message:
RicarDog

File Transfer Plus developer

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 ALPHA
The passive transfer mode does not use your IP, instead it shows the IP of your partner when he accepts the transfer. Does the transfer request appear to him? When he accepts, the plugin has to set focus on the conversation window to send a command. Maybe a program is holding focus on another window? It works fine here... :s
Latest File Transfer Plus: 1.1 RELEASE (1.1.14)
In development: 2.0
09-20-2004 02:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 ALPHA
I'll have to check that.

EDIT: Strange, now it worked. Well... Both the transfer windows appeared but the transfer did not started, but I think it's because I tried to use it on my LAN.

I also made a Config picture. Maybe this makes configuring this plugin for N00bs a little easyer :-)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=310256]

.jpg File Attachment: File Transfer Plus!.JPG (69.7 KB)
This file has been downloaded 2434 time(s).

This post was edited on 09-20-2004 at 06:05 PM by Ezra.
[Image: 1-0.png]

09-20-2004 04:11 PM
FuzzyWuzzy

39 / Male / –
this is a suggestion

Being able to send directorys at a time, instead of just file by file
09-25-2004 06:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
send as a .zip^o)
09-25-2004 08:27 AM
FuzzyWuzzy

39 / Male / –
ya i can do that but why not have the program enqueue a list of files to be sent by selecting more than one file or a directory, ziping all the files takes time also and makes the file bigger since all the files i wanna zip ar already compressed

This post was edited on 09-25-2004 at 10:23 AM by FuzzyWuzzy.
09-25-2004 10:15 AM
BEWARE^^

I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Re

37 / Other / –
why dont you use stuffplug-NG take a look at this site its from SPNG for more information http://www.STUFFPLUG.com

This post was edited on 09-25-2004 at 11:32 AM by BEWARE^^.
[Image: .jpg]
if you need help with unrealircd tell me and i will help ya out.
09-25-2004 11:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
FuzzyWuzzy

39 / Male / –
Stuffplus isnt going to help with anything when im sending through this plugin and not msn, i wont use msn for sending files unless its a small image because msg is slower than hell when it comes to sending files.

With msn uploads seem to mak out at about 10kbs, when using this plugin i can hit my full upload speed, and im trying to send out my friend's band's CD to another friend of mine out of state, and having to select each file to send one at a time gets old. and im always sharing files so it would be nice to be able to enqueue files to send by selecting a directory or many files at once, so when the one file finishes the next file would send. this would be used by me, maybe not others, but its just a suggestion.

This post was edited on 09-25-2004 at 02:31 PM by FuzzyWuzzy.
09-25-2004 12:39 PM
RicarDog

– / Male / –
I have to plan well how that would work (technically), so I think it won't be added for 1.1 release, but maybe for 1.2. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
09-25-2004 04:07 PM
OxTaz

Hello,

My connection passes by an University proxy. We can just use HTTP transferts (no ftp, peer-to-peer....)

I've tried the plugin with a friend who has a standard connection.

I use "Detect external IP adress autmatically" (i've also tried to use the proxy adress, but the result was the same). I've tried with and without the passive mode option.

If I try to send a file, in any port, my friend has a "waiting..." or "connection cancelled" mesage.

If he tries to send with port 80, an error message tells him that the port is in use.
If he tries with another port, I don't have any window. There is just some text on MSN that tells me that he has tried to send me something. On his side, he has the window with "waiting connexion"...

Is there something that I can do ? I can't open any other ports, but I don't know how proxies work, so I'm not sure that I can just use port 80...

Thanks

PS.: Sorry for my bad english.... :$

This post was edited on 09-26-2004 at 03:30 PM by OxTaz.
09-26-2004 03:30 PM
RicarDog

– / Male / –
The port 80 cannot be used probably because there is a web server running on it. So, you'll have to use 'passive mode' to send files. In that mode, it doesn't matter your connection settings (port and IP detection), because it will use your friend's settings, thus he must have an open port and a valid external IP address.

If he's behind a proxy or a connection that blocks inbound requests (i.e. if he cannot send you files too), then you won't be able to send files, unless you find an open port (or shutdown the webserver to use port 80). In that case, you won't need the passive mode anymore (just set the correct options for your connection).

If not, then you have to use passive mode and he must open a local TCP port for inbound traffic in his firewall/etc (like 8030), and set his correct internet IP (the 'detect automatically' should work fine) to support your transfer request.

Let me know if it worked :)
09-26-2004 04:50 PM
Pages: (50): « First « 10 11 12 13 [ 14 ] 15 16 17 18 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: