What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)

Pages: (50): « First « 12 13 14 15 [ 16 ] 17 18 19 20 » Last »
8 votes - 4.5 average   File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)
Author: Message:
giken

Windows Live Butterfly

46 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 ALPHA
quote:
Originally posted by RicarDog
The problem with this method is that if the receiver is laggy then it will be detected as "not installed", so I'd have to set a big timeout before it thinks it's not installed, which would delay the transfer. Also the MsgPlus API does not allow the plugin to send  a command that is not a reply to another command, so I'd have to use the "sendkeys hack" that does not work everytime. I don't know if that is better than asking your friend if he has the plugin installed, but it could be an option anyway :P

mmm... I understand lag problem related to big timeout, if I can suggest I think 10 seconds are enough for that... this little delay is not a problem imho because your plugin has a lot of smart features (resume transfer in primis) so 10 seconds more or less doesn't make any differences...
in that 10 second maybe you can display a message like "please wait, checking plug-in presence for <receiver_name>..." or similar :)
You could create 3 options for sending files:

1 - I'm sure the contact uses transfer plus, use advanced method
2 - I'm sure the contact doesn't use transfer plus, use standard method
3 - I don't know, try checking transfer plus presence automatically and then choose the best method

in this way the sender can avoid 10 seconds delay if he know his contact plug-ins...

Hope you like my suggestions :)

P.S.
Another suggestion: can you add in the plugin the ability to create different subfolder (in the default download folder) for every sender, like mirc does?
It would be useful so you can browse your download folder and organize separately downloads for every sender ;)

P.S. 2
I found another similar messenger add-on, take a look at http://www.filexc.com/
maybe there you can find ideas for your plugin
Personally I don't like it because it's an external add-on and I prefer plug-ins :)

This post was edited on 10-03-2004 at 11:22 AM by giken.
10-02-2004 09:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Moredhel

RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 ALPHA
Hey,
I'm still having the same problem with version 1.1
I type /xsendfile, it opens the dialog for selecting a file
I select a file and then it comes up with this

It was working fine last week
And now it just does this all the time
I haven't installed anything that modifies the network

[Image: filetransferpluswtf.jpg]
10-03-2004 02:05 PM
RicarDog

File Transfer Plus developer

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 ALPHA
quote:
Originally posted by ZrednaZ
Hi! I really like what you've done with the plugin since the previous version of it (implemented all of my wishes for a future release), but there are a few problems when using auto-accept...
See what I mean here:

http://home22.inet.tele.dk/anders/error.jpg

And yes, the save directory DOES exist; I've triple checked it.

I think I've fixed it, thanks for reporting :)
quote:
Also, as you can see, the auto-accept message appears in other conversation windows. No need for this!

It sends the accept command to the window with the handle given by MsgPlus, so it should work unless MsgPlus sends the wrong handle... Anyway, I've developed a better way to send the accept command, so it's working fine on the plugin side.

I'd like to invite you to test the current Beta build, I'll send you a PM with my MSN so we can test it.
quote:
And a little detail: I'm pretty certain that "Waiting connection" should be "Awaiting connection". ;)
Well, since English is not my native language, the plugin may have some grammar errors :$ If someone else agree with you, I'll change it for the Beta relase ;)
quote:
Originally posted by provolino
You could create 3 options for sending files:

1 - I'm sure the contact uses transfer plus, use advanced method
2 - I'm sure the contact doesn't use transfer plus, use standard method
3 - I don't know, try checking transfer plus presence automatically and then choose the best method

in this way the sender can avoid 10 seconds delay if he know his contact plug-ins...
Something like that would be good, but I have to do some tests to be sure that it'll be reliable enough to be implemented for the Beta.
quote:
Another suggestion: can you add in the plugin the ability to create different subfolder (in the default download folder) for every sender, like mirc does?
It would be useful so you can browse your download folder and organize separately downloads for every sender
Indeed, I'll try to add it to the Beta version!
quote:
I found another similar messenger add-on, take a look at http://www.filexc.com/
maybe there you can find ideas for your plugin
The multiple transfer in the same window thing I plan to add for 1.2 or 2.0. The problem with filexc is that you have to install the .NET Framework (20MB file) in order to run it. Also, it's listed as shareware, so you may have to pay for a future relase. KEEP USING FILE TRANSFER PLUS!!! 8o|  Just kidding :P
quote:
Originally posted by Moredhel
I type /xsendfile, it opens the dialog for selecting a file
I select a file and then it comes up with this
I think I have fixed that problem in the Beta version, could you please add me to your MSN so you can test it? I'll PM you with my address. Thanks.
Latest File Transfer Plus: 1.1 RELEASE (1.1.14)
In development: 2.0
10-04-2004 02:39 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jolo

40 / Male / –
Just to say that I'm helping to test this wonderful piece of software and, IT ROCKS!

People, you haven't seen nothing yet!

File Transfer Plus is gonna be one of the most valuated Plugins for Messenger Plus! ;)

Be patient.

Cheers,
10-04-2004 04:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Leif

81 / Male / –
"And a little detail: I'm pretty certain that "Waiting connection" should be "Awaiting connection".

'Awaiting connection' sounds a bit formal. What's wrong with 'Waiting for connection'?
10-04-2004 05:53 AM
giken

Windows Live Butterfly

46 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 ALPHA
quote:
Something like that would be good, but I have to do some tests to be sure that it'll be reliable enough to be implemented for the Beta.

I hope to find these options in the beta release, it seems to be the best way to integrate both manual send and automatic plugin detection :)

quote:
Indeed, I'll try to add it to the Beta version!

Oh, really thanks... please if you can enable it to create subfolder even if the transfer uses standard messenger protocol :)

quote:
The multiple transfer in the same window thing I plan to add for 1.2 or 2.0. The problem with filexc is that you have to install the .NET Framework (20MB file) in order to run it. Also, it's listed as shareware, so you may have to pay for a future relase. KEEP USING FILE TRANSFER PLUS!!! 8o|  Just kidding :P

Eheh, don't worry I think FileTransferPlus is better, I just give you some ideas from filexc you could integrate in your plugin...
In addiction I don't like filexc because it's not a plus plugin :P
10-04-2004 06:23 AM
Leif

81 / Male / –
What about localized versions of your programme? I'd very much like to see it in Spanish, Greek, Italian, German, Norwegian, Swedish, Hungarian, Finnish, Dutch (in all its forms), etc (in fact, even in Danish)
10-04-2004 07:09 AM
user13774
Disabled Account

That would take a lot of time I guess, to find translators and create a good translation. Let him first finish 1.1 before talking about localisation. ;)
10-04-2004 10:52 AM
RicarDog

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 ALPHA
I've managed to make the "detect file transfer plus or use standard messenger transfer" feature and it works, but there is a limitation of Messenger/MsgPlus that do not allow you to send a file through messenger if there are more than one contact in the conversation window. I don't know yet if it will be possible to open a separate window (with /im for example) and then do a /sendfile in that window automatically. I'll post here any update on the subject as it become available.

EDIT: Actually it was a bug of my code instead :$

Also, the "separate folder for each contact" is implemented and working for Beta :)

This post was edited on 10-11-2004 at 04:07 AM by RicarDog.
10-10-2004 03:46 AM
RicarDog

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: UPDATE! File Transfer Plus 1.1 BETA
I've just released the BETA version :)

You can upgrade the current version by installing over it. Please let me know of any bugs you find!

This screenshot was taken with compression enabled. Note that my maximum upload is about 28 KB/s.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=321017]

What's New in 1.1 BETA

- Help system, including Help in-place ("What's This?" feature) for the Options window. It can be opened with /xtpHelp.
- Automatic Compression. It may increase the apparent transfer speed beyond your upload bandwidth by compressing the file contents on-the-fly (while sending). The efficiency of this method varies depending on the file type. If it's a text file, the transfer will be about 100 times faster than using uncompressed mode. However, it's not good when sending files already compressed, like zip or mp3. These files have compression disabled by default. See Help for more details.
- New command option to check the existence of File Transfer Plus on the other side. If it's not detected, the transfer will be done by the standard Messenger's file transfer, else File Transfer Plus will be used. To enable checking, type your current "send file" command (such as /xtpSend) followed by a question mark "?" (like /xtpSend?).
- The "send file" command can now receive the path of the file that will be sent (for example, /xtpSend C:\file.txt). In this case, the Open File dialog won't be shown, unless the file specified doesn't exist.
- Option added to the transfer window so you can send the current file through Messenger's file transfer instead.
- Automatic checking for new File Transfer Plus versions. It can be set to check automatically or manually with /xtpUpdate.
- Option to make a different subfolder for each friend when using Auto-accept so their files will be saved there. It can be created in the default save folder or in a custom folder. The subfolder will be named as the contact's email address.
- Option to always close the transfer window when it completes successfully.
- Passive mode improved, and added a new command to workaround possible failures when accepting the transfer. When it fails (such as the accept message being sent to the wrong window), just type /xtpAccept in the correct window. Also, when sending a transfer request, you can use "/xtpCancel number" to cancel the request, where number is the transfer code (for example, /xtpCancel 1).
- Various cosmetic improvements in the transfer window and Options window.
- Auto-complete support for default save folder textboxes in the Options window.
- A lot of bug fixes and other improvements.

.png File Attachment: transferplus.png (13.75 KB)
This file has been downloaded 87399 time(s).

This post was edited on 10-12-2004 at 02:57 AM by RicarDog.
10-12-2004 12:22 AM
Pages: (50): « First « 12 13 14 15 [ 16 ] 17 18 19 20 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: