What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)

Pages: (50): « First « 35 36 37 38 [ 39 ] 40 41 42 43 » Last »
8 votes - 4.5 average   File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)
Author: Message:
Gandalf1935

– / Male / –
RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 27/03)
@ theblackknight

Not sure as not tried sending an .exe file without archiving it first (using WinRAR), but one in an archive isn't a problem to send :)
04-11-2005 01:03 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
LionHeart

RE: RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 27/03)
quote:
Originally posted by Gandalf1935
If you're having problems with File Transfer Plus then first thing to consider is - Are you using ZoneAlarm (Free or Pro) as your Firewall?

I recently switched to Sygate and since then have had no problems with sending files (both via Messenger and also using File Transfer Plus) so it seem's the problem lies within ZoneAlarm (Great for beginners and those that don't do much more than browsing on the web, but has it's faults - I used it for about 6yr's but realised it was time to go for something that gave me a bit more control) and not the program itself.

The only problem now remaining for me is that the person the other end can still only receive files and not send as they're using ZoneAlarm at present. (It does still load Windows Messenger however [msmsgs.exe] for me aswell so i'd guess that still need's some work? )

Now that it finally work's though i've found it to be an excellent program and recommend it highly!

Thank's RicarDog for your work on it! :)

I dont use a firewalls.

An other problem is i have StuffPlug-NG 0.7.39 installed aswel and when i get the notice that someone trying to talk to me and click on the notice MSN just crashes.
It doesnt happen all time just sometimes.
04-11-2005 12:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Kaltsu

quote:
Originally posted by RicarDog
quote:
Originally posted by Tourist
Nice idea, The tab feature is always handy in a plug-in.

But I need to get this plug-in to work first :(
Does it work with the final MSN 7 version + Plus 3.5? If not, please contact me by PM.
quote:
Originally posted by rodolfo_cf
Ricardo, só funciona qdo o outro tambem tiver esse plugin??
obrigado
Sim, ambos devem ter o plugin instalado.
quote:
Originally posted by Kaltsu
Yeah, I've got the same problem. Always I find msmsgs.exe running in the processes after I install File Transfer Plus and sometimes it logges in Windows Messenger and it throws me out from MSN messenger. I hope this problem will be fixed!!!
It's normal to have msgmsgs.exe in the processes, but it shouldn't start Windows Messenger (never happened to me). Are you sure you've set WinMsgr not to start automatically?

No, Windows Messenger doesn't start (I can't see it in the taskbar), but the process is running for sure. Will the File Transfer Plus be able to run without this msmsgs.exe running in future? Sometimes I can see the Windows Messenger (You have signed into MSN via another program etc.) above the taskbar, when the copmuter starts. And sometimes when I close MSN Messenger, my account stays signed in (maybe because Windows Messenger signed in or something). I hope that I won't have to see this msmsgs.exe process again in future FTP releases, because I just hate it :)!
04-11-2005 09:23 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Does File Transfer Plus ignore the blocked ext's in MSN 7 or does MSN 7 not let it trhu?
04-11-2005 10:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RicarDog

File Transfer Plus developer

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 27/03)
About ZoneAlarm... I don't recommend it to anyone, even beginners. I've seen that ZA can be actually a security issue. A hacker who starts a DoS attack (like packet storm) against someone with ZA installed will make it hang (100% CPU use), making your computer very slow and the connection will drop. Without ZA, you'll experience lag but it's harder to get your connection dropped.
quote:
No, Windows Messenger doesn't start (I can't see it in the taskbar), but the process is running for sure. Will the File Transfer Plus be able to run without this msmsgs.exe running in future? Sometimes I can see the Windows Messenger (You have signed into MSN via another program etc.) above the taskbar, when the copmuter starts. And sometimes when I close MSN Messenger, my account stays signed in (maybe because Windows Messenger signed in or something). I hope that I won't have to see this msmsgs.exe process again in future FTP releases, because I just hate it !
The plugin will use msmsgs.exe if available in C:\Program Files\Messenger for better integration with MSN Messenger. But it will run as a background process, so it shouldn't signin instead of MSN Messenger.
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Does File Transfer Plus ignore the blocked ext's in MSN 7 or does MSN 7 not let it trhu?
You can send any file type via File Transfer Plus in MSN 7, the limitation does not apply.
Latest File Transfer Plus: 1.1 RELEASE (1.1.14)
In development: 2.0
04-12-2005 03:49 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Kaltsu

quote:
quote:
No, Windows Messenger doesn't start (I can't see it in the taskbar), but the process is running for sure. Will the File Transfer Plus be able to run without this msmsgs.exe running in future? Sometimes I can see the Windows Messenger (You have signed into MSN via another program etc.) above the taskbar, when the copmuter starts. And sometimes when I close MSN Messenger, my account stays signed in (maybe because Windows Messenger signed in or something). I hope that I won't have to see this msmsgs.exe process again in future FTP releases, because I just hate it !
The plugin will use msmsgs.exe if available in C:\Program Files\Messenger for better integration with MSN Messenger. But it will run as a background process, so it shouldn't signin instead of MSN Messenger.

I've got Windows Messenger 5.1 (downloaded it from Microsoft's website). Is FTP fully compactible with this version?
04-12-2005 12:30 PM
RicarDog

– / Male / –
quote:
I've got Windows Messenger 5.1 (downloaded it from Microsoft's website). Is FTP fully compactible with this version?
Yes, I have it installed on my computer besides MSN 7 and it works fine.
04-15-2005 03:04 AM
Kaltsu

quote:
Originally posted by RicarDog
quote:
Yes, I have it installed on my computer besides MSN 7 and it works fine.

Yeah, well the problem is that msmsgs.exe (Windows Messenger 5.1) seems to reserve memory even more than msnmsgr.exe (MSN Messenger 7.0). Or maybe it's just a problem to me ;). Well anyway, should everything work OK, if I delete the msmsgs.exe file? Then File Transfer Plus wouldn't start msmsgs.exe anymore? Or would it be better to uninstall Windows Messenger via Control Panel?
04-15-2005 06:21 AM
RicarDog

– / Male / –
It should work fine if you delete it, but maybe other plugins might not work correctly (also MSN uses it when you ask for Remote Assistance or App Sharing). You can try to rename the folder Program Files\Messenger to Messenger2 and see if everything works fine.
04-15-2005 09:04 PM
Starforce2

Certified ***hole

43 / Male / –
Ok, I have version 1.1.8 running on the current version of msn and plus and here's my problem:

Files wont auto send when I drag and drop in the message window, I need to select send through msn from the popup window. Once that happens, I never get a speed indicator, and even when msn says the file is done the transferplus window still says awaiting connection.

I also get no speed indicator on recieve of files, and it never sorts by contact even though I have that box checked and have selected the default recieve files folder as the place where I want stuff sent. What gives?
04-25-2005 10:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (50): « First « 35 36 37 38 [ 39 ] 40 41 42 43 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: