What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » My Case mod

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
My Case mod
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: My Case mod
sleeving is stuff that you put over something.. like wires have rubber sleeving around them.
09-22-2004 05:25 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user13774
Disabled Account

RE: My Case mod
quote:
Originally posted by paperless
Yeah indeed not working whats sleeving? my english is not perfect

Markus long time no see.

Just to give everyone an idea of how the case he's gonna mod looks like:

[Image: ST-64m.jpg]

[off-topic]
Yeah paperless, I don't come here as often as I did some time ago, but I still hang around in the tech talk and plugins forum ;)

This post was edited on 09-22-2004 at 09:22 PM by user13774.
09-22-2004 09:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: My Case mod
quote:
Originally posted by wj
For the molex pin remover just spend a good $16 to buy a vantec kit that comes with a hermafrodidic (sp?) remover and it will work just fine. Though a good male pin remover is very nice.

Tip for sleeving: Make sure you have some electrical tape arround, that way you can tape the pins so they will go through the sleeving a little better.

ALSO MAKE SURE TO PUT THE PINS BACK IN THE CORRECT HOLES ON THE CONNECTOR! BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN IF YOU DONT.
The black ones dont matter, but if you accidently swap the red and yellow, you will fry what ever device is plugged into it at the time. I've done it to two of my HDs. It Sucks.

Also a good dremel tool is the ultimate case moding tool.
Yeah, well im right without my de pinning tool im on a sorta tight budget (although it may not seem it)
Electrical tape, yes well Heatshrink is better but ill use that if i have to. My friend did and it sometimes unrolls at the end and looks crap so ill try to stink to the heatshrink.

I know about the pin holes im very carefull i practiced on a disused power supply out of my old server first and i mark them all when i take them out. When i de pin the ATX plug im going to get little sticky labels and stick them around each cord to number them.

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
Pics are not working anymore.

Anyone know why? The group is still there, maybe it dosnt like me linking them...Can someone reccomend a free easy to use image hosting site or group e.t.c so i can upload there? (i'll update the url's now in anycase)
09-23-2004 06:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: