What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Contacts on Desktop

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Contacts on Desktop
Author: Message:
caldjeff

RE: Contacts on Desktop
I'm going to respectfully disagree with most of you.  I really don't want my "special" contancts to disappear when offline, since they really are special (those of you with all your contacts sitting are your desktop really aren't using this as it was intended).  I may want to send an email or a comeback message to that special contact, even when he/she is offline.  Please Patchou, if you do implement this request, please make it optional, and not the default behavior.
09-29-2004 02:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Alamarco2

Internazionale

36 / Male / –
RE: RE: Contacts on Desktop
quote:
Originally posted by caldjeff
I'm going to respectfully disagree with most of you.  I really don't want my "special" contancts to disappear when offline, since they really are special (those of you with all your contacts sitting are your desktop really aren't using this as it was intended).  I may want to send an email or a comeback message to that special contact, even when he/she is offline.  Please Patchou, if you do implement this request, please make it optional, and not the default behavior.

I myself agree with "caldjeff". If you want them to disappear when online then it's almost like the same thing as the normal MSN Contact List.

I have 5 people forming like another toolbar. I like to know when they are online or offline and be able to do the stuff that you can now when they are offline.

I just upgraded to the new version and this feature has made me a happy man. Especially once that bug with the "Always On Top" gets sorted :).

By the way, hello everyone :). Long time no post for me (busy busy busy :P). I'm surprised I remembered my password :P.

Patchou: Good work on Plus!. I really like the way it's heading, keep up the good work man :).
09-29-2004 08:48 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Thansk for the comments Alamarco2 :). As for floating windows disappearing when contacts are offline, the option will be there in Plus! 3.21 (and yes, it will be an option, off by default).
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-29-2004 09:06 PM
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
on the contact list right click on a contact and hover over messenger plus extras then it should say display on desktop in the popout menu
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
09-30-2004 08:32 AM
Taulin

39 / Male / –
Tools -> Always on top ^o)

then use the plus! options to make it transparent and bam, you have your floating list

This post was edited on 09-30-2004 at 09:14 AM by Taulin.
09-30-2004 09:12 AM
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Thansk for the comments Alamarco2 . As for floating windows disappearing when contacts are offline, the option will be there in Plus! 3.21

Its a good thing that it isnt everything but online, because i know a few people that put their status to "away" when they dont want people to bug them (:P i in fact do)

im glad to hear that it will be into plus 3.21, keep up the good work ;)
10-01-2004 04:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
svenax

On a related note, isn't the Always On Top function seriously bugged? (as per the 3.20.100 version) It seems to work in some completely random fashion. Suppose I have a couple of floating contacts, all with the On Top flag set. When I restart my computer, some or all contacts are not on top anymore, even though the checkmark in the menu is set. If I then change one of the not-on-top contacts, this also affects the other contacts. I usually need to toggle the flag for all the contacts to get them back on top.

This is with Win XP Pro Sp 2.

This post was edited on 10-01-2004 at 03:58 PM by svenax.
10-01-2004 03:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
The Always On Top option has also been fixed in version 3.21 :).... if you have the time to test it out, please email me at mplus@patchou.com, I want to be sure sure bug is fixed (and I never experienced the problem myself).

Thanks,
Patchou
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-01-2004 05:17 PM
teddytim

I'm hungry for more!

44 / Male / –
glad to know that the Always on Top bug will be fixed on 3.21.

it seems to work when i dont want it to work (watching full screen in WMP) and when i need it to work, it doesnt work (ie viewing websites).

good thing i searched the forum before posting a new report.
10-02-2004 02:39 AM
Veggie

37 / Male / Flag
One thing i did notice about the contacts on desktop. When i press the show desktop button in the quick launch toolbar, the contact dissappear and only come back if i open the contact list again then minimise it.

i really do like this feature though (y)
10-07-2004 05:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: