What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Emergency Announcement to Developers

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Emergency Announcement to Developers
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Emergency Announcement to Developers
quote:
Originally posted by Funky_Monkey
so does this mean that it would be wise to get rid of msn messenger 7 beta or can i still use it?
This thread is for the people who want to make addons and such things for Messenger; to change the beheviour; add things; etc...

If you're not one of those people (who know exactly why they need it and how to do it) or you are not an official beta-tester of Messenger, then get rid of it; you're not suppose to use/have it...

The beta of Messenger 7 consists of a very huge security leak, that's why MS retracted this version and that's why people came up with the "CVR patch". But it is highly recommended that you don't use that because of the huge security leak.

As long as MS don't come up with an official release you're not supposed to use messenger 7.

This post was edited on 10-14-2004 at 10:45 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-14-2004 10:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Emergency Announcement to Developers
Mess.be has an uber-patch with both re-enables MSN7 AND fixes the security hole.
However, it is still BETA software, and as such, shouldn't really be used by anyone. I have it for when Project RP gets to the point where I can start using it day-to-day, and will need to make sure it's compatible.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
10-15-2004 10:40 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: