What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility

Pages: (6): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] Last »
Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility
Author: Message:
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
You are entirely right.. it's the same thing that happened in Messenger 6 lastyear that allowed me to crate the Custom Names feature... each new version of Messenger brings its share of new possibilities.
Do you think they do this purposly? I hate to say it, but when they change things in MSN Messenger to prevent Plus! from working, there seems to always be something else you can add.
I think that Microsoft just uses a new set of controls that allow more customization... Example (may not be correct, but as an example it's good): MSn Messenger 6's contact list is implemented with a control that doesn't allow color in its items. To do MSN Msg 7's contact list, M$ used a new version of that control. That new version supports colored items. Msn msg 7 doesn't use that feature, but plus can take profit of it.

imo, in Microsoft, they don't do that on purporse (adding new features).
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
10-11-2004 07:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
um...............

Tongue  RE: Messenger 7 and Plus! compatibility
goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Patchou u rule goood job wit da upgrade!!!!(Y)

mabe thier name could change to a plus icon?:^)

This post was edited on 10-13-2004 at 07:58 AM by um................
10-13-2004 07:58 AM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
Information about Microsoft's MVP program:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
I think that Microsoft just uses a new set of controls that allow more customization... Example (may not be correct, but as an example it's good): MSn Messenger 6's contact list is implemented with a control that doesn't allow color in its items. To do MSN Msg 7's contact list, M$ used a new version of that control. That new version supports colored items. Msn msg 7 doesn't use that feature, but plus can take profit of it.
(Technically, if i'm correct, they used a completely different control, that allows them to basically do anything with the contact list -- before it was just a customized treeview)
10-13-2004 04:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
quote:
Originally posted by Knad
n00beh question, but whats an MVP
Most Valuable Personal.......... tose ppl can sign in with MSN 7 (legally).... their like MSN 7 testers :-/

Nope, we can only sign in with MSN Messenger 7 legally because we *ARE* beta testers. MVPs are dedicated professionals, passionate about sharing their knowledge with others. the MSN Messenger MVPs get access to MSN Messenger beta content if they ask (most of the time). Only MSN Messenger Beta Testers can sign in with MSN Messenger 7 legally, not mere MVPs.
10-24-2004 09:05 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: