What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » When Is The Next Version Released?

Pages: (7): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 » Last »
When Is The Next Version Released?
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: When Is The Next Version Released?
yes eventually but as to when that update will be released is unknown. i started this thread to find out when the new versions being released since patchou gave the answer to that we have gotten a little sidetracked.
10-10-2004 12:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Bradl3y

RE: When Is The Next Version Released?
hahaha funny shit people like to pull shit out of their ass as if they heard it from patch, so far ive heard Patch isnt gonna make a msg plus for msn 7, i have heard that the version number thats compat with msn 7 will be msgplus4, it's all wrong so people need to quit talking like they think they know what they are talkinga bout and maybe read patch's posts to find out the truth.

There will be a versioin of Msg Plus that supports MSN Messenger 7, it is going to be more than a minor upgrade for support, he is adding features such as contacts colors showing up on the contact list which is pretty damn cool IMO. I think I remember him saying it will be released POSSIBLY by the end of the month. Don't hold me to that at least I am not saying that as if it is a fact and it will.

here is where i got that info from so it seems to be right:

quote:
From the IRC #MsgPlus channel

<Patchou> hey everyone
<Patchou> who's interested in some Messenger 7 compatibility news?
<Patchou> ok... well, I'm happy to say that after 3 nights, a lot of pepsi and some sushi, Plus! is already 2/3 compatible with Messenger 7
<Patchou> the big work I'll have to do now is support the new contact list interface to find a way to add the Plus! icon, support customer names, etc...
<Patchou> ... and you can tell people that it's nice if they want to test but I already have my tester list :)
<Patchou> anyway, with some luck, I'll release a version entirely compatible by the end of the month, maybe before depending on how it goes
<Patchou> see ya all later
<Time> this is compatible with which build in specific?
<Patchou> with all builds.. Plus! is not a crack ;)
<Patchou> it takes more than a buildchange to break it
<Time> haha, nice
* Patchou (~tidus@MsgPlus-F830AB4C.sympatico.ca) Quit

also see some other stuff you can find by easily searching the forums, read the stuff before posting stupid stuff like there isnt gonna be a version for the beta and such:

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Well Matty, that's not true (sorry :P)... I don't install beta versions of minor releases but I'm always veryhappyto test major releases as they generally imply a lot of work  from my part. When I'll have a beta version of Messenger 7, I'll work on the compatibility problems and I'll release a new version before the final public release (if possible) so that you don't experience any problem... anyway, for now, I have nothing :P.

PS: there won't be any Messenger Plus! 4 for Messenger 7... there's abslotelu no link between the Messenger majorversions and Plus! ones :).

quote:
Well, I can't be sure that all my changes on beta versions will work on afinal version but still, it's worth the time.. I worked a whole month on Messenger 6 beta to find out how to recode half of the program to make it compatible.... then, I only had to spend two or three extra days after Messenger 6 was publicly released to complete the work... let's hope though that Messenger 7 won't be such a hard task :).

quote:

You see, that's why alpha versions should never be released... Microsoft didn't even wanted to distribute this pre-beta version, now people have installed it and are complaining because of all the bugs. You know, if this version was perfect, the release date wouldn't be set to February 2005 .

As for Plus!, I confirm that things are going well for the Messenger 7 compatibility update, the big stress part is now behind me, I can now start concentrating on changing everything related tothe contact list (the way the contact list was accessed had not changed much since Messenger 4). Don't worry, you'll have a Plus! for Messenger 7 in no time .

quote:
Hehehe.... :)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=318401]

quote:
quote:
nice photoshop image
Absolutely not.. what would be the point? :).

Anyway, it's cool to see that you apparently like this change.. some more will be waiting for you in the "Messenger 7 version".

so it seems the version that is going to be compatible with Messenger 7 is going to be quite a major release with some nice new features, good work Patch keep it up :D

This post was edited on 10-10-2004 at 02:46 PM by Bradl3y.
10-10-2004 02:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
indeed, Patchou has said that a msgplus, compatible with messenger 7, will be released by the end of the month IF all things go well. But this was before MS retracted messenger 7 and made it downgrade to 6.2 for serious security issues!!

So, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the compatbile-with-messenger-7 version will not be released by the end of the month. Because it would be stupid to release a thing while messenger 7 shouldn't be used in the first place.

The version that is going to be released this sunday 10th october (on Patchou's Timezone!!!!) is version 3.21. It will contain some added features to the floating contacts and several bug fixes. It will NOT be compatible with messenger 7.

As he also announced on the forums, in this 3.21 version there will also be some changes in the sponsorsetup as a test. When the test is finished, a new version will be released (3.25 or something), still not compatible with messenger 7 for above reasons.

All the rest is nothing more then rumours and speculation...

This post was edited on 10-10-2004 at 02:51 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-10-2004 02:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Bradl3y

i edited my previous post with some quotes to clear some people up... I think, its my opinon anyway, that patch shoud/will continue development and releases for compatability with the beta, because it is nto a waste of time to coe for the beta, as that willg et most of the bust work out of the way and when the official product is released, there shouldnt be too much to change to make ti comaptable, thus making a timely release for the final release of Messenger 7, even if people should nto be using the beta, it is not a waste of time, and why not release something for the people that are using it, what would it hurt?

quote:
Well, I can't be sure that all my changes on beta versions will work on afinal version but still, it's worth the time.. I worked a whole month on Messenger 6 beta to find out how to recode half of the program to make it compatible.... then, I only had to spend two or three extra days after Messenger 6 was publicly released to complete the work... let's hope though that Messenger 7 won't be such a hard task :).

::EDIT:: also notice how the title of the IRC channel says this:
quote:
Plus! is 2/3 compatible with MSN 7 already and still being worked upon. Discussion of beta software is NOT allowed.

This post was edited on 10-10-2004 at 02:57 PM by Bradl3y.
10-10-2004 02:50 PM
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: When Is The Next Version Released?
quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
he IS releasing a version but this version  isnt the version that is compatable will msn 7 it would help if u read the thread next time A. Madsen ......

Have I ever said that this version will work with Messenger 7? NO I HAVE NOT. Version 3.25 will be, and I have said that the whole time, just read from page 3 in this topic.
10-10-2004 02:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Viper6

Its monday here :)

Still no news ?
10-10-2004 03:06 PM
roadman2

RE: RE: When Is The Next Version Released?
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
The BETA doesn't exist, Patchou never releaces BETAs to the public and he can't even get Plus to recognise MSN Messenger 7 as MSN Messenger...

how come he can make pics of Messenger Plus with 7.0

p.s. the forum says i have no messages posted on the whole board

This post was edited on 10-10-2004 at 03:11 PM by roadman2.
10-10-2004 03:07 PM
Bradl3y

::EDIT:: sorry misread. Roadman, a beta is a compiled version that is still being tested and isnt 100%, I'm not that into programming i dont knwo if he needs to compile it everytime to test it or if the program can run it uncompiled, but there is no beta that exists that will be release i what he meant, everytime he makes a minor change while testing stuff coudl be considered a "new beta" if you wanna look at it that way.

and about that 3.25 supporting 7.0, where did you hear that from? i though i read that 3.25 will moreso be a final version of 3.21

This post was edited on 10-10-2004 at 03:19 PM by Bradl3y.
10-10-2004 03:15 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: When Is The Next Version Released?
well he said its 2/3 compatable with 7.0 so what you sww in the screenshot must be the 2/3 that are compatable.
10-10-2004 03:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
roadman2

he said he was at 2/3 in 4 days a fey days ago that means he is almost done wy keep us waiting or is this so hard for even him ?
10-10-2004 04:26 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: