What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » ICQ over MSN?

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
ICQ over MSN?
Author: Message:
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. Shocked  ICQ over MSN?
For the past 2 weeks or so I've seen an increase of people on my contacts list adding "add my ICQ #6765765 GET ICQ!" to there nicks.

Today I got about 10 people on my list that are now using ICQ. Some say they switched because of Msn's problems with Messenger and the service. They also say they want it for back up, incase Messenger goes down.

I've heard and I don't know if it's true but people I know that have had ICQ in the past say it's just about the worst IM out there. It loads you with spy ware and plus when you uninstall it it crashes your computer. I've heard this form many people I know and I think out of about the 10 or so people I've heard this form only 1 or 2 like ICQ. So why get it?

I know I wouldn’t switch to ICQ. Would you?

^o)
[Image: top.gif]
10-13-2004 09:05 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: ICQ over MSN?
quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
For the past 2 weeks or so I've seen an increase of people on my contacts list adding "add my ICQ #6765765 GET ICQ!" to there nicks.

Today I got about 10 people on my list that are now using ICQ. Some say they switched because of Msn's problems with Messenger and the service. They also say they want it for back up, incase Messenger goes down.

I've heard and I don't know if it's true but people I know that have had ICQ in the past say it's just about the worst IM out there. It loads you with spy ware and plus when you uninstall it it crashes your computer. I've heard this form many people I know and I think out of about the 10 or so people I've heard this form only 1 or 2 like ICQ. So why get it?

^o)

ICQ =< Shit
I don't use it, let alone switching to it...
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
10-13-2004 09:13 PM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:

Nope, I had it, it laged, it got delted...:refuck:
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
10-13-2004 09:26 PM
thc2010

Revenge is a meal best served cold

37 / Male / –
I use it to add people i want to talk to whom i dont trust. I olny add People to my MSN when I know them personaly. People go asking me why I olny have 26 People on my contact list, I tell em, those are all the people I personaly know, the rest of my internet buddies go to ICQ and Yahoo.

10-13-2004 09:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
Just use Trillian.
[Image: 7.png]
10-14-2004 12:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
it actually looks pretty nice, i personally havent used it, so i dontknow the behavior of the program. It seems like a user-friendly interface, but im too used to msn messenger to go switching around so easily...

Edit: Im using it right now, and its nice (Y) i like it

This post was edited on 10-14-2004 at 12:36 AM by marissa.
10-14-2004 12:28 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
ICQ makes funneh noises. Teehee :D
[Image: 7.png]
10-14-2004 12:39 AM
GoD

quote:

^o)

Thats ICQ 98/99 your talking about.
you should try ICQ 4. most of the features Yahoo! and MSN are adding now are just old compared to ICQ. IMO ICQ has a better search engine and the best spam filter.
10-14-2004 10:52 PM
Sizzleman45

NOOoo don't kill me with the mactte

34 / Male / –
WEll i had Icq peice of crap msn laggy aim pretty ok using it now trillen WEllk i have every messeger i'm picky
Excuse me...have you seen my sanity? I think I lost it • Death is instant, Pain will end, glory is forever • 
10-14-2004 10:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: ICQ over MSN?
quote:
Posted By: GoD
Thats ICQ 98/99 your talking about.
you should try ICQ 4. most of the features Yahoo! and MSN are adding now are just old compared to ICQ. IMO ICQ has a better search engine and the best spam filter.

Well whoop dee do about a spam filter, I don't get spam because I don't sign up for crap.

Ex. Doggy ad filed sites with sypware I don't sign up with.

And search engines?! Bah! Who needs more search engines we got enough! Google pleases me quite well. I don't need another. :D
[Image: top.gif]
10-14-2004 11:39 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: