What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » ICQ over MSN?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
ICQ over MSN?
Author: Message:
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: ICQ over MSN?
quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
quote:
Posted By: GoD
Thats ICQ 98/99 your talking about.
you should try ICQ 4. most of the features Yahoo! and MSN are adding now are just old compared to ICQ. IMO ICQ has a better search engine and the best spam filter.

Well whoop dee do about a spam filter, I don't get spam because I don't sign up for crap.

Ex. Doggy ad filed sites with sypware I don't sign up with.

And search engines?! Bah! Who needs more search engines we got enough! Google pleases me quite well. I don't need another. :D

ICQ4 is an will improve as there adding like ICQmail into ICQ4 an other features that are in ICQ2003 but i personally like Gaim or Trillian , but i htink with MSN Messenger7 on its way its just getting to Big compared to trillian an ICQ , i feel sorry for DialUp users that will have to download a 7+MB MSN Messenger7 Program along with its Bloatware, i seem to recall thats why users left ICQ due to the Ads etc in it,  an now MSN adding Winks an Nudges  who is gonna use them? Adults?  i dont think so , why didnt MSN make one for Kiddies an one for Adults without the bloat.  ,

This post was edited on 10-15-2004 at 12:12 AM by Hank.
10-15-2004 12:11 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: ICQ over MSN?
I read on a Msn site that the winks were aimed at the age groupe of Teens not adults or children. Not to sure about the nudges, thats just a copy off Yahoo and AIM.
[Image: top.gif]
10-15-2004 12:40 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
I read on a Msn site that the winks were aimed at the age groupe of Teens not adults or children. Not to sure about the nudges, thats just a copy off Yahoo and AIM.

what a waste, why didnt or havent they made 2 versions 1 with Nudges/winks an 1 without  , just aswell we Got  Patchou to improve the looks of MSN7 when its out ,  anyone know when exactly this Public beta of MSN Messenger7 will be out? .. i  read in mess.be ithat its due for December sometime  if thats the case the Feb final due date will be changed to i gather or not?
10-15-2004 07:27 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: ICQ over MSN?
I've never used and will never use icq for this reason, I don't like it, it just seems a little strange for me, and the user interface isn't very nice at all. Its just unprofessional ;S
10-15-2004 08:17 AM
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
ICQ is one of the oldest chat programs around.

I used it back in 2000 and before, but switched when a lot of my friends switched.

Theres nothing unprofessional about the program. maybe u've all beceome MSN whores....
10-15-2004 11:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
ICQ is one of the oldest chat programs around.

I used it back in 2000 and before, but switched when a lot of my friends switched.

Theres nothing unprofessional about the program. maybe u've all beceome MSN whores....

Yea, i suppose a lot of us all have, i know that i'm obsessed with it, and don't like using aim or anything, i use it, just not a lot ...
10-15-2004 11:15 AM
thc2010

Revenge is a meal best served cold

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
Just use Trillian.

I dont like to use trillian cuz it looks like shit. Looks like a kid made it.. Sry to say but its true. MSN 7.0 Looks way better, ICQ looks way better and Yahoo Messenger Looks Way better. Trillian doesnt have everything MSN has (Tabs). I just put ICQ 2 Go and Webmsn on my tabs incase i need to check my ICQ. SO basicly, I got a Trillian Version of MSN but the other messenger clients are Tabs. I also have Java Based Chikka (SMM + SMP Mobile Free Text Messenger) on my Tabs, mIRC Quik on my tabs, Neowin on my tabs, and Plus! on my tabs. In all trillian can suck my nutz!!!

You just have to know how to use msn messenger. Ohhyeah, I forgot... TRILLIAN DOESNT HAVE PLUS3!!!! HAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!

Doesnt have 3 Degrees Suported. Etc... well you get the point.. trillian sucks, i meen it was good, when msn 5.0 was out.... then tabs in msn 6.0 changed all that

This post was edited on 10-15-2004 at 12:19 PM by thc2010.
10-15-2004 12:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: RE: ICQ over MSN?
quote:
Originally posted by thc2010
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
Just use Trillian.

I dont like to use trillian cuz it looks like shit. Looks like a kid made it.. Sry to say but its true. MSN 7.0 Looks way better, ICQ looks way better and Yahoo Messenger Looks Way better. Trillian doesnt have everything MSN has (Tabs). I just put ICQ 2 Go and Webmsn on my tabs incase i need to check my ICQ. SO basicly, I got a Trillian Version of MSN but the other messenger clients are Tabs. I also have Java Based Chikka (SMM + SMP Mobile Free Text Messenger) on my Tabs, mIRC Quik on my tabs, Neowin on my tabs, and Plus! on my tabs. In all trillian can suck my nutz!!!

You just have to know how to use msn messenger. Ohhyeah, I forgot... TRILLIAN DOESNT HAVE PLUS3!!!! HAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!

Doesnt have 3 Degrees Suported. Etc... well you get the point.. trillian sucks, i meen it was good, when msn 5.0 was out.... then tabs in msn 6.0 changed all that

Umm.. trillian does Have tabs if im right  an skins an plugins
10-15-2004 01:09 PM
GoD

quote:
quote:
Posted By: GoD
Thats ICQ 98/99 your talking about.
you should try ICQ 4. most of the features Yahoo! and MSN are adding now are just old compared to ICQ. IMO ICQ has a better search engine and the best spam filter.

Well whoop dee do about a spam filter, I don't get spam because I don't sign up for crap.

Ex. Doggy ad filed sites with sypware I don't sign up with.

And search engines?! Bah! Who needs more search engines we got enough! Google pleases me quite well. I don't need another. :D

Sorry i ment *User* Search engine aka "ICQ Whitepages" - This helps u meet new friends from all over the world and not just add someone u already know.
Spam filter filters msgs from users not on ur contact list.
I think its clear now (Y)

This post was edited on 10-16-2004 at 04:55 AM by GoD.
10-16-2004 04:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: ICQ over MSN?
Humm ok then. :mipdodgy:
[Image: top.gif]
10-17-2004 07:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »