What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » OFFICIAL petition for a webcam video capture plugin

Pages: (10): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
Poll: Would You Like To See a Plugin that can capture webcam video?
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
OFFICIAL petition for a webcam video capture plugin
Author: Message:
tda87

DOMINICAN PROUD!!!

36 / Male / –
RE: OFFICIAL petition for a webcam video capture plugin
sorry, but, if there are programsthat do that kind of stuff, why don't yo want it to be attached to messenger, if you show your ilegal stuff to somebody that somebody could record it with that program, same as in the case i said, but it would be easier if it's with messenger, that all that we all are saying
KKM? TDA!!! DOMINICAN PROUD!!
10-20-2004 06:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by tda87
if you show your ilegal stuff to somebody that somebody could record it with that program,

thats was me compairing chat logs to webcam conversations.

but you know what? I give up, i wont get that idea out of your heads about making everything into a plugin. Is anyone actually going to make it? Do any of you have the  capabilities  to make it? If you do, go ahead...but i still dont see a good enough reason to add it into msn with a plug-in.  If your girlfriend lives in a country, take pictures. make her take some pictures and send them to you, take screen shots, because, wouldnt you get tired of watching the same thing over and over again? In my mind [and yes i said it to some others] its not about viewing your missed-halfway-around-the-world girlfriend. but who cares right? EVERYTHING MUST GO INTO MSN! 
10-20-2004 06:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
tda87

DOMINICAN PROUD!!!

36 / Male / –
don't be like that, i'm not saying that verything has to be in a plug-in only saying that it would be easier to use that kind of program in a plug-in ;)
KKM? TDA!!! DOMINICAN PROUD!!
10-20-2004 07:00 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: OFFICIAL petition for a webcam video capture plugin
quote:
Originally posted by marissa
theres programs that do it. THATS WHAT I DONT GET! you people want a plugin for something thats already out there! like i said before somewhere [or in this thread] that everything doesnt have to be made attached to msn! People make programs for many purposes, the world doesnt revolve around msn messenger!

, < comma. use them, its hard to understand :rolleyes:

OK then like my previous reply to cookie; if there is a chat log already in MSN Messenger then why does Plus! keep having a chat log in its program? A alternative thats why...

quote:

oh, and since this is an "official" petition, i kinda wanna know why this plugin is SOOOOOOO needed.

1: Demand
2: Because people like to remember/read what people say (chat logs) but it seems they also wanna remember/see what people do (webcam logs)

BTW i dont like arguing against woman.........theyre usually right and make me look bad :P:rofl:
10-21-2004 03:15 PM
VuDu

lol marissa, the reason is the same of those who use chat logs, ppl sometimes feel like recalling whatever happen in a past conversation and it can also be used as a proof for something.

just like the chat logs, does ur life depend on it? no... do u need it? sometimes...

u don't need something to be vital for ur survival to be worth making a plugin for it.
why da hell do u need plugins that put whatever song u r listening in ur nick? why are there plugins to warn you when someone opens ur windows?
some ppl may find it usefull, so just cause it isn't usefull to u, don't try to make it look useless to everyone.
cause if everyone gave their list of plugins they dont need... hum... it's better moving on to another subject :|

This post was edited on 10-22-2004 at 09:39 AM by VuDu.
[Image: sig1.gif]
Ad decus et ad libertatem nati sumus
Aut haec teneamus aut cum dignitate moriamur
10-22-2004 09:37 AM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: OFFICIAL petition for a webcam video capture plugin
BTW if your reading this thread and thinking about all the fights happening inside go ahead and vote while your at it.
10-22-2004 01:17 PM
red3vil

The dutch in a rush.

– / Male / –
GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!

it ain't here yet :( damn :P

guess this a vote for it ;)
RedWhiteBlue
      pride
10-23-2004 11:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
Well, I would like to log/record some of the crazy shit Traxor does on is Cam.....Like jumping out of his window and other stuff :P

Traxor your mad lol join teh crew :P
10-23-2004 02:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
The point that marissa was making is that not everything has to be put in a plugin, (and certainly not all the things that aren't pure msn messenger related) while there are already existing programs out there which can do the same. (and much better, with more possebilities because they are designed for that purpose*.)

As for why people want a plugin that notifies you when a contact opens a convo; that's because that is a pure and specific MSN Messenger feature. Recording Webcams are not only a Messenger feature and the programs that exist out there do already exactly what you want...

Furthermore, this is a very difficult thing to make (as plugin or not, that's doesn't matter); and why inventing the difficult wheel again when there are already good alternatives out there...

Comparing this to chatlogging or open window notifiers isn't such a good comparisson because as I said these functions are pure MSN Messenger related functions. Recording a webcam is not.

Although, as for the fact that people want to log the things they do on the PC, yes that's true (but that wasn't marissa's point I believe).

If anyone wants to make this plugin, go ahead. But I doubt this will be made anytime soon...

* Imagine that someone makes this. I bet that there are suggestions in no-time like: "I want to save the file as .AVI, DivX, .MOV." etc... This is almost impossible todo as a plugin. Why? You need full blown encoders for each format to do that, making the plugin very huge (for a plugin) and almost unhandable. Logic choice and next step: make it into a standalone application. And there you have it. You've made a application which isn't specific for MSN Messenger anymore and you are just "wasting" your time creating such a thing because professional companies already made it and they did a far better job with a nice GUI, helpfiles, bugfree tools, etc...

All this is not to say it is impossible, but just to say that some things are better not included as a plugin/addon into an application to prevent bloated software and/or limitations and/or wasted time.

This post was edited on 10-25-2004 at 07:37 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-25-2004 07:24 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: OFFICIAL petition for a webcam video capture plugin
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

* Imagine that someone makes this. I bet that there are suggestions in no-time like: "I want to save the file as .AVI, DivX, .MOV." etc... This is almost impossible todo as a plugin. Why? You need full blown encoders for each format to do that, making the plugin very huge (for a plugin) and almost unhandable. Logic choice and next step: make it into a standalone application. And there you have it. You've made a application which isn't specific for MSN Messenger anymore and you are just "wasting" your time creating such a thing because professional companies already made it and they did a far better job with a nice GUI, helpfiles, bugfree tools, etc...

All this is not to say it is impossible, but just to say that some things are better not included as a plugin/addon into an application to prevent bloated software and/or limitations and/or wasted time.

These funcion as save in other formats dont have to be in the plugin but i too see it coming from n00bs. It should just record it in a non compressed RAW format like Fraps does.

Personally i would give it ago but i dont even know what program to use, what funcions/API calls there are, and what lang plugins are even wrote in! In other words i have no idea on programming.

This post was edited on 10-26-2004 at 03:00 PM by riahc4.
10-26-2004 02:57 PM
Pages: (10): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: