What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » toolbars again again again

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
toolbars again again again
Author: Message:
petrine

O.P. toolbars again again again
I've got both the grey search toolbar at the top of the page and the blue at the bottom.

I've installed and uninstalled plus with the sponsor maybe 5-8 times. And both toolbars dissappear till next time I turn on the computer. And it gets more n' more aggressive for each time meaning: earlier i only had problems with the blue toolbar (the grey wasn't removed just turned off), pop ups now and then, and at rare occasions it installed shortcuts on the desktop to different places. When I opened IE it was always with my start page. Now the shor cuts come up practically every time I open the comp., and it's normally their start page IE opens and not my own.
I've tried Lop's uninstall, and the story is the same as when I install/uninstall plus.
Any good ideas to how to get rid of it?
Any ideas to antoher program than plus that might trigger it?
10-29-2004 11:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: toolbars again again again
You prolly didn't close your internetbrowser fully (from taskbar and systray also).

So now the steps are:
1. uninstall plus
2. reboot
3. reinstall plus! with sponsor
4. uninstall immediately (do not use ad/spyware removers in between and make sure you got your internetbrowser fully closed this time)
5. reboot
6. reinstall plus! without sponsor

done!

If you still got any searbar in your internetbrowser after that it can't be the one that comes with plus!
Post a screenshot if there still is one, it will help us figure out wich one it is ;)

This post was edited on 10-29-2004 at 12:28 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-29-2004 12:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Leaf

If you have a toolbar you hav a different startpage di'nt you ?
scroll down that page and clik on help !
Then go to '' how do i uninstall one of your sotware products ''.
Click on tht 1
Then downlaod the file 1
enter the code and it's gone !:D
10-29-2004 05:52 PM
bogus283

you can download the universal uninstaller from the sponser... http://lop.com/new_uninstall.exe <-- teh link its simpler than the uninstalling and reinstalling, and it works just as well

This post was edited on 10-29-2004 at 06:24 PM by bogus283.
10-29-2004 06:23 PM
TGG

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by bogus283
you can download the universal uninstaller from the sponser... http://lop.com/new_uninstall.exe <-- teh link its simpler than the uninstalling and reinstalling, and it works just as well

quote:
Originally posted by petrine
I've tried Lop's uninstall, and the story is the same as when I install/uninstall plus.

s/he's already tried it
10-29-2004 06:26 PM
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
quote:
I've installed and uninstalled plus with the sponsor maybe 5-8 times. And both toolbars dissappear till next time I turn on the computer.

Are you sure you're clicking the right thing? Its a common mistake, and just choose the second option "I refuse, dont give my support and just install Messenger Plus!" (or something like that) I helped someone with that problem before...i think. Just remember to choose the second option:) and to read the installer ;) Thats the only reason i could think of why you cant get rid of it. unless its something else...
10-29-2004 08:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
petrine

O.P. RE: toolbars again again again
OK it doesn't work. I've checked that the internet is closed. no IE in the taskbar,systray. no nothing in the joblist.
When I uninstall the short cuts on the desktop dissappears but after I´ve restarted the computer they come back when I open IE. I've tried to set at blank page for start page and the two toolbars are still triggered. The second time I open IE, search.... has made itself my start page.
The only thing in the manual I don't do is I do not reinstall plus, after I've restarted the comp. because I don't need it at the moment.
I'm sure that I'm accepting the support programme when I intall plus.
To sum up... the problems is not that the toolbars doesn't dissappear, the problem is that they show up again when the comp. is restarted. ( i don't know if they'd show up if I didn't restart the comp. Ain't got the patience for waiting for it to decide...

I'll post a screen shot the second I figure out what it means : )
10-30-2004 03:51 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
did u try to removed the sponsor program with a spyware/adware remover ??? beacuse that will have damaged the uninstaller

i would suggest that you use this http://lop.com/new_uninstall.exe to uninstall the sponsor.
10-30-2004 04:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
I'll post a screen shot the second I figure out what it means : )
Open up your internetbrowser then hit shift+prtscreen... open paint and choose "paste" in the edit menu (second from the left) now save the picture...and upload it to your post onhere ;)

This post was edited on 10-30-2004 at 04:03 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-30-2004 04:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
petrine

O.P. RE: toolbars again again again
Hi again..

I won't say that I tried to remove it woth adaware. But yes I've got adaware on my computer, and run it frequently to get rid whatever there is to get rid off.
  I tried to get adaware to attack this one, but found that there must be an easier way...
  I've tried Hijack this too. But not knowing much about computers I only found the http:..... that made it. And when i deleted that it'd come back in a new form next time I scanned the system.
   But this is a couple of days ago, and I've installed and uninstalled plus some 10+ times since then.
  The lop tjing I've tried to. And the problem is the same. Once the comp. been closed the toolbars come back, next time I open it.

and one more thing. I found a number of pages it had added to my list over favoryte places on the net. I deleted the links, tried the lop uninstall again, closed the comp. and when I started it up I had 10 times as many

.gif File Attachment: screen.gif (58.02 KB)
This file has been downloaded 215 time(s).
10-30-2004 05:07 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: