What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Presidential Election

Pages: (8): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 » Last »
Who would you prefer won the election?
This poll is closed.
Kerry 56 80%
Bush 12 17.14%
Nader 2 2.86%
Total: 70 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

Presidential Election
Author: Message:
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
RE: Presidential Election
quote:
Originally posted by weeeee

The situation in Middle East is worst than in the last decades

Actually, the Palestinian uprising started before the 2000 election, and so you can't blame him for that, at all
quote:
He had invaded Irak because he said that irak and Sadam Husein had massive weapons, but nobody found this massive weapons, we only now that the US has the majority of the massive weapons.

It strikes me as wierd when people think Iraq had WMD. They were at war, and when, of all times, would you use such a thing? Is it like the fine china? "SAddaam, Do you think we should use the weapons? the Americans are coming." "I don't know, don't you think its a little too fancy for them?" 8-)

I think Bush lucked out that IRAQ had no weapons, since if they had they would have used him, and he would have had to deal with a second attack on american soil during his presidency, and this one would be directly caused by his invasion

quote:
for a world without the worst terrorist (bush)
Say what you want about bush, but hes not a terrorist.

While it may seem that i have had more waffles than a house of pancakes during my posts, understand that while i DO was Kerry to win, i also want the truth, rather than some right OR left spun propaganda.
11-01-2004 11:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Omar
Spammin' Member!

I have Chrono in my hands! MWAHAHA!!

47 / Male / Flag
Well...

I sent my absentee ballot to the Elections Division of the Office of the Secretary of State of Texas, about 2 weeks ago...

And I cast my vote for Kerry....I know is not going to count since Texas is Bush County.... but meh....i had to vote... :P
Comunidad Hispana Oficial del Messenger Plus!  
TReKiE, you might as well face it... you are a dutchie (clogs, tulips and all that) :banana:
11-02-2004 01:59 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
only an alien will see this situation as it is, with no biasness. and it's nov 2nd now! though im in GMT +8 and it's er... still nov 1 in america
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
11-02-2004 02:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Moo

quote:
Originally posted by FrozernFire
only an alien will see this situation as it is, with no biasness. and it's nov 2nd now! though im in GMT +8 and it's er... still nov 1 in america
Your point being?
11-02-2004 02:13 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Presidential Election
quote:
He had invaded afganistan because he said that he would capture Bin Laden, but he didn't find him, in fact we now know that he had bussines with the familiy Bin laden and this lokks a little suspicious.
Bussines with the Bin Laden's? That's propaganda. Watching too much F 9/11...

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
I don't think that war(s) becomes a valid argument to show who the better candidate is, knowing that Kerry was actually supporting the war itself :-/

I know the fact that Kerry voted yes on going to the war.
But I forgot when I read it and now I'm too lazy to search for it :p
There is a difference. Yes he voted "yes". But he also voted to follow the diplomatic channels first!!!! That is a major difference then what Bush did! Bush bluntly ignore international politics and simply went to war...

This has nothing todo with "turning in the wind" of Kerry.
This has everything todo with people only remembering short oneliners without putting things in context...

quote:
It is very normal that he opposes the war, because he wants to be the president.
He opposes the war in the way it has begon and is executed

quote:
He (and his party) will do anything to win the election.
All parties do everything to win the election, Bush including....

quote:
That's why I don't like Kerry who keeps changing his mind.
Like I said, Kerry does not turn his mind as Bush let you believe. Take away the context of the things that Bush did, and he "turns in the wind" as much as Kerry does.

quote:
Moreover, his stands are not clear. For instance, he is said to be supporting gay marriage, but in the last presidential debate, he said that marriage was between man and woman.
Again, context.... Marriage is normally as we know it indeed between man and woman. They can marry before the church. Gay marriages can't be married before church only before the law.

quote:
Another example... Kerry is said to be religious, yet he supports abortion.
So? Abortion had very little (if not nothing) to do with religion. True, some hard believing people think of it as "killing a human life", but read up in this thread to know why it isn't that. I know for more relegious people who support abortion then that I know people who don't. Or are you saying that all those people aren't religious at all?

Like I said previously, if you were a raped girl, I think you would be glad that abortion would be legal.

Don't think that if abortion gets legal, that everybody can go to the doctor and simply say: I want my 8 month old baby removed. Abortion doesn't work that way! There are strict rules to follow, even if it is legalised....

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
It strikes me as wierd when people think Iraq had WMD.
This was the exact reason why Bush wanted to go to war costing what it costs, ignoring international guidelines

This post was edited on 11-02-2004 at 02:17 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-02-2004 02:13 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Moo

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Abortion doesn't work that way! There are strict rules to follow, even if it is legalised....
What would those be?
11-02-2004 02:16 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Guillaume
quote:
Originally posted by FrozernFire
Your point being?
That people are too much biased to see the whole picture (but that is exactly what voting on your favorite is about of course)

quote:
quote:
Abortion doesn't work that way! There are strict rules to follow, even if it is legalised....
What would those be?
ask your doctor...
(and look into the law of European countries)

It isn't black or white. Black being illegal, and white being, "Oh, hell, let's all do abortions for the fun of it"

This post was edited on 11-02-2004 at 02:23 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-02-2004 02:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Moo

quote:

quote:
quote:
What would those be?
ask your doctor...
(and look into the law of European countries)

It isn't black or white. Black being illegal, and white being, "Oh, hell, let's all do abortions for the fun of it"
When did race come in this subject?

Anyhoo...

* Moo is off to bed...

Don't expect a reply from me tonight.

This post was edited on 11-02-2004 at 02:29 AM by Moo.
11-02-2004 02:25 AM
Omar
Spammin' Member!

I have Chrono in my hands! MWAHAHA!!

47 / Male / Flag
cookie didnt say anything about race.... :mipdodgy:

He means like right or wrong....
Comunidad Hispana Oficial del Messenger Plus!  
TReKiE, you might as well face it... you are a dutchie (clogs, tulips and all that) :banana:
11-02-2004 02:38 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
Vote Kerry! Save P2P i dont even live in america lol i live in australia so i have no idea about the other guys except i know kerry saves p2p and bush likes war.
11-02-2004 06:58 AM
Pages: (8): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: