What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Presidential Election

Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
Who would you prefer won the election?
This poll is closed.
Kerry 56 80%
Bush 12 17.14%
Nader 2 2.86%
Total: 70 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

Presidential Election
Author: Message:
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
RE: Presidential Election
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
There is a difference. Yes he voted "yes". But he also voted to follow the diplomatic channels first!!!! That is a major difference then what Bush did! Bush bluntly ignores international politics and simply went to war...

He opposes the war in the way it has begun and is executed

Are you sure, Cookie?
In an interview in ABC, on February 22, 1998, way before the 9/11, Kerry said, "I am way ahead of the commander in chief, and I'm probably way ahead of my colleagues and certainly of much of the country. But I believe this. I believe that he has used these weapons before. He has invaded another country. He views himself as a modern-day Nebuchadnezzar. He wants to continue to play the uniting critical role in that part of the world. And I think we have to stand up to that."
Can you explain this for me?

quote:
Again, context.... Marriage is normally as we know it indeed between man and woman. They can marry before the church. Gay marriages can't be married before church only before the law.
I don’t get this part. I think this has nothing to do with church whatsoever. It is about ethics.

quote:
Like I said previously, if you were a raped girl, I think you would be glad that abortion would be legal.

Don't think that if abortion gets legal, that everybody can go to the doctor and simply say: I want my 8 month old baby removed. Abortion doesn't work that way! There are strict rules to follow, even if it is legalised....
Lol
This is exactly the ban what Bush passed, the partial birth abortion ban.
quote:
The Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003 makes it illegal for doctors to take overt action to abort a late-term fetus — one in its second or third trimester

What do you think might be happened if abortion was really legalized?

Please don’t get me wrong. In my posts in this thread, I seem to be a Kerry-hater. I just want to share some facts. Know this: I’m not 100% for Bush. I actually vote nothing on the above poll.

My political science teacher once said that he was only a C-average undergrad happened to be a president, so what do we expect? He also doesn’t take environmental issues seriously as he withdrew the U.S. support for the Kyoto Protocol.

I just think that Bush is somewhat better than Kerry.

Now I am really hoping that Kerry gets elected proving all of you are right.
Registered 7638 days, 17 hours, 21 minutes, 24 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

11-02-2004 07:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Presidential Election
quote:
Originally posted by thekid
Are you sure, Cookie?
In an interview in ABC, on February 22, 1998, way before the 9/11, Kerry said, "I am way ahead of the commander in chief, and I'm probably way ahead of my colleagues and certainly of much of the country. But I believe this. I believe that he has used these weapons before. He has invaded another country. He views himself as a modern-day Nebuchadnezzar. He wants to continue to play the uniting critical role in that part of the world. And I think we have to stand up to that."
Can you explain this for me?
What's to explain? And were does he say: "I have a plan to go into war tomorrow against Saddam"?  So he knew back then that Saddam was a bad person (like 90% of the world also knew). And he said what 90% of the world said: "Saddam must be stopped". I don't get what this has to do with the fact that Bush has ignored international channels and went strait to war, although the international channels said not to, and try diplomatic ways first to exactly prevent what is happing now...

quote:
quote:
Again, context.... Marriage is normally as we know it indeed between man and woman. They can marry before the church. Gay marriages can't be married before church only before the law.
I don’t get this part. I think this has nothing to do with church whatsoever. It is about ethics.
No, what I said is about religion! Gay people can not marry before the church (yet) That is the Catholic churchlaw. Wether they can marry before the law, is matter of ethics. Remember that when people marry, they marry twice, before there church and before the law. These two things are different. One is about religion, the other is about the law (and ethics).

quote:
What do you think might be happened if abortion was really legalized?
What would happen is that people would have the ability to have an abortion without needing to revert to illegal activities or moving to another country. Look at how the abortion laws are working in Europe... What not will happen, as you might think, is that everybody will do abortion just because it is legal and that everybody is having unprotected sex because you could have an abortion later, that's plain absurt. Legalizing abortion doesn't mean "free unprotected sex for everyone" and "let's kill all the babies"....

btw, you know what is absurt? That abortion and euthanization is against the law, yet the dead-penalty is still executed.....

So it is right to put criminals out of there misery, yet it is wrong to help people by doing abortion on a small undevelopped humankind life or to help old people in pain with no hope left????

quote:
Please don’t get me wrong. In my posts in this thread, I seem to be a Kerry-hater. I just want to share some facts. Know this: I’m not 100% for Bush. I actually vote nothing on the above poll.
Same here, I'm not all pro Kerry either. But I also think Bush has that slight edge for me to say that he has to go. Both are evenly matched. It's like choosing between a killer and a raper (excuse me for the comparisson)....

But I'm not American, so.....

quote:
He also doesn’t take environmental issues seriously as he withdrew the U.S. support for the Kyoto Protocol.
Yeah, that's also indeed something I don't like. America should give the example...

quote:
Now I am really hoping that Kerry gets elected proving all of you are right.
As it seems atm, Bush has the slight edge in electing votes, Kerry in the popularity votes (but those doesn't count of course).

This post was edited on 11-02-2004 at 10:02 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-02-2004 10:00 AM
4ke.

>>>Methlabs.org<<<

so for when is the result ? we're waiting :many:

This post was edited on 11-02-2004 at 10:50 AM by 4ke..
[Image: 4keultra.gif]
11-02-2004 10:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by 4ke.
so for when is the result ? we're waiting

We should know Soon, but in a way i hope Kerry does Win, would Surely Make Little Johnny Howard ( Australian Prime Minister) worried
11-02-2004 11:10 AM
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
its only 7:00 am EST, and the TV Election results don't start till 8:00pm, so you've gotta wait well over 13hrs for a final result.
11-02-2004 12:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

34 / Male / –
I'm British and 15 but i think kerry should win...

[Image: f9c2g]

:P

This post was edited on 11-02-2004 at 07:35 PM by jren207.
11-02-2004 07:31 PM
ZrednaZ

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Presidential Election
quote:
Originally posted by jren207
I'm British and 15 but i think kerry should win...

[Image: f9c2g]

:P

What's with the "but"? I'm sure many other British 15 year olds want Kerry elected as well :P
No, I didn't search before
posting. Don't bother asking.
11-02-2004 08:20 PM
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

34 / Male / –
no no no, I mean I can't vote because i'm british and i'm a 15 year old :P if I lived in the USA and and were older I would vote Kerry.
11-02-2004 09:08 PM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
If I could vote I would of picked Kerry as Bush is a warmonger IMO and he has ran America terribly.
AC3
11-02-2004 09:52 PM
ZrednaZ

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Presidential Election
quote:
Originally posted by jren207
no no no, I mean I can't vote because i'm british and i'm a 15 year old :P if I lived in the USA and and were older I would vote Kerry.

Oh, my bad. ;) Guess I need to practice my English... Or maybe just go to bed and (hopefully) wake up tomorrow morning, switch on CNN and find that Kerry won. :D Also, tomorrow's my first day driving a car in a driver training facility, can't wait! (Y);)

This post was edited on 11-02-2004 at 10:48 PM by ZrednaZ.
No, I didn't search before
posting. Don't bother asking.
11-02-2004 10:42 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: