What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » spyware in tabbed msn?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
spyware in tabbed msn?
Author: Message:
Wouter

38 / Male / –
RE: spyware in tabbed msn?
quote:
Originally posted by uryan
euhm what exactly was the search button meant to tell me?
Don't give me that kind of crap. it was a serious question, and not at all unreasonable.

you apparently seem incapable of holding a discussion. Can I say it doesn't surprise me you got banned from IRC. Prove me wrong if you wish.
Any help would be appreciated, as long as it is not just unfounded accusations/defense of tabbed msn

1. If you dont like the programm dont use it!
2. dont talk crap
3. keep on going like this stupid ....

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Binary

your behavior is disgusting. i would expect more from a man of your education who can program.
get a life!
[Image: 1497.jpg]      [Image: qbase.jpg]
11-04-2004 12:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
uryan

O.P. RE: spyware in tabbed msn?
quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Binary

uryan: nevertheless after encountering the exactly same problem using his openConvo, and intense network activity monitoring, i came to a conclusion that it is only a bug in Netlimiter and should not be worried about. after trying for two days i uninstalled both of them anyway.

i'd recommend stuffplug-ng which also has the same feature. hope my reply has helped you.

Yeh, I've pretty much come to the same conclusion. Will keep netlimiter though, as it is still extremely useful, and this bug doesn't really cause any problems. I am glad that someone else can verify that I am not talking complete crap.

Unfortunately SPNG's tabbed convos (and Cameno for that matter) don't work nearly as well. TB says himself that he recommends going elsewhere if tabbed browsing is important.

Thanks to all who have helped me on this (and I use that word in the loosest possible sense)
11-04-2004 01:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Wouter

38 / Male / –
Well, so basicly you wanna thank everyone execpt me!
oh well it not like i spended hours of programming on this project
but thanks (Y) :S

This post was edited on 11-04-2004 at 01:49 PM by Wouter.
[Image: 1497.jpg]      [Image: qbase.jpg]
11-04-2004 01:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
uryan

O.P. RE: spyware in tabbed msn?
Sorry, you did not read my post correctly. When I said that I use helped in the loosest sense possible, I thought that included everyone. Yes I am grateful for the work you have put into this program, no I do not appreciate the way you have responded in this thread. And flaming anyone who suggests that it might be downloading something (and i still maintain it was a resonable thing to ask) isn't going to allay any suspicions. Of course no developer would admit to placing spyware in software, whether he did or not.
Anyway, I now consider the matter closed unless anyone has any new information (I am still curious, just not particularly concerned)
11-04-2004 02:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
Wouter, I don't understand why you're being so rude. Instead of being an ass and alienating users, why not try to help? uryan is simply curious about a suspicious connection, and would like an explanation. He has not accused you of anything. :-/
11-04-2004 03:16 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: