What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Thread pruned... Why?

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Thread pruned... Why?
Author: Message:
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: Thread pruned... Why?
I like the idea of half-stuck posts. (I) Well, at the end, KeyStorm had a good idea:refuck:
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
11-13-2004 12:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
We could build a knowladge Base  A.K.A. a Cookierevised forum

Call it Knowladge Base move all useful threads here  and place them in either Messenger Knowladge or MsgPlus! Knowladge
Sub Forums.  And make some bizarre forum permissions to allow people like Cookie to move useful threads into this forum
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
11-13-2004 02:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
and make cookie a moderator on it :P.
11-13-2004 04:46 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
And make some bizarre forum permissions to allow people like Cookie to move useful threads into this forum
quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
and make cookie a moderator on it
i like the idea of a KB (knowledge Base) forums, but I don't think it's a good idea having a mod on those forums, neither allow some non-staff members move threads there.

IMO, the KB forum should be "read-only", ie: noone should be allowed to post there (make a new thread nor reply) *. Then, the staff (admins & smods) and maybe elites too should mark threads as half-stuck (the (I) thingy). Then, from time to time (dayly, weekly, i dunno...), someone of the staff should review those (I)-threads and move (or copy) to the KB forums the ones that really should be there.

* -> i think that the only permissions there should be edit own posts, and I'm not very sure.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
11-13-2004 01:46 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

The half stick idea is a bit dodgy, but I like it, i think that lightbulb (i) is a bit much though, the emote looks out of place in view latest posts......
11-13-2004 02:02 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
maybe a smaller lightbulb would be better,

and couldnt the marked topics list be used as the knowledge base?
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
11-13-2004 04:26 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Thread pruned... Why?
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
The half stick idea is a bit dodgy, but I like it, i think that lightbulb (i) is a bit much though, the emote looks out of place in view latest posts......
maybe put the lightbulb where the normal icon is for the thread (second column) and thus disregarding the normal icon (not much use anyways).

This post was edited on 11-13-2004 at 04:33 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-13-2004 04:33 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
I like the idea of half-stuck posts. (I) Well, at the end, KeyStorm had a good idea:refuck:
Gaming Forums: (N)
Half-sticking: (Y)

Well, it's always 50% probabilities :refuck:

I don't really like the Knowledge Base form... That would imply the threads became closed and spam would be regarded there meven more strictly. While I still defend the Half-stuck-digest-page.

Oh, btw, I still think the posts should be regarded, because if you half-stick a 75-posts thread you'll have serious problems to find what was interesting about the topic and the reason for it to be half-stuck.

Or, well, instead of this: Why not a comment field nearby the halfstick button/action in order to paste in there a desription of what's relevant in the thread.
11-13-2004 06:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I've already gotten used to it... :-/

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
and couldnt the marked topics list be used as the knowledge base?
That's the plan at the moment.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
maybe put the lightbulb where the normal icon is for the thread (second column) and thus disregarding the normal icon (not much use anyways).
Well, I don't really want to disregard anything, but if a poll is made and people want the Half-Sticky icon moved, I'll do it.

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Oh, btw, I still think the posts should be regarded, because if you half-stick a 75-posts thread you'll have serious problems to find what was interesting about the topic and the reason for it to be half-stuck.
A 75-post thread? That shouldn't be half-stuck at all, because it's probably spammy, or it includes more than one topic. :p

quote:
Or, well, instead of this: Why not a comment field nearby the halfstick button/action in order to paste in there a desription of what's relevant in the thread.
I don't want to add another large (text) database field unless I have to. I always have server load in mind... :p

This post was edited on 11-13-2004 at 09:36 PM by WDZ.
11-13-2004 09:33 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Thread pruned... Why?
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Well, I don't really want to disregard anything, but if a poll is made and people want the Half-Sticky icon moved, I'll do it.
To be clear: I meant only for that thread. Thus I don't mean disregard all the emoticons for all the threads, just only for the half-sticked ones.

In other words, there will be an extra icon (the lightbulb) in the "emoticondatabase for threads" (dunno how this works but I hope you'll know what I mean ;)). This icon will be used instead of the icon of the toppost of the thread if the thread is "half-stuck".

[Image: attachment.php?pid=336011]

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
A 75-post thread? That shouldn't be half-stuck at all, because it's probably spammy, or it includes more than one topic. :p
Ok, the 75-post thread is a bad example, but it is true that in many threads often 1 or two posts are the important ones (sometimes on another page, or after "bad/wrong/incomplete" posts). And sometimes those posts are a resume what has been said in the thread with added things or something. It would be good if there could be an indication of these posts, or that there is somewhere a link to this post (eg: on top of the thread, or when you click the lightbulb, or..., or...)

.png File Attachment: halfstuck.png (4.74 KB)
This file has been downloaded 364 time(s).

This post was edited on 11-14-2004 at 12:09 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-14-2004 11:50 AM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: