What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » adaware program...

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] Last »
adaware program...
Author: Message:
coolmark18

RE: adaware program...
Ive reinstalled, uninstalled and it left. 2 days later it came back. I tried again, again it came back. Ive done this 4 times and its a pain in the back. I've tired all the things u have recommened. I have checked the list to see if i have anything else installed: and i dont. :@

Why are you so againest just giving us the file names of the sponser bar.

Your help is helpful.

Mark
11-19-2004 06:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

We're not against it, just that if you corrupt the files then it will also corrupt the uninstallation of the sponsor program, install messenger plus! again WITH the sponsor program, then uninstall plus, the reinstall it again without the sponsor program, a right kerfuffle I know, but after all of this, you should be alright..

:)
11-19-2004 06:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cyrus

I chalange the two of you who are complaining to run the provided uninstaller file at:

http://lop.com/new_uninstall.exe

They admint they have run anti adware tools. They have damaged the sponsor software uninstaller files. You need to download the one from the webpage and run it.

http://lop.com/new_uninstall.exe

That uninstaller will remove ALL traces of the sponsor even on damaged installations.

That is the cure all of cure alls and works 100000% everytime.

11-19-2004 09:32 PM
John4300

O.P. RE: adaware program...
i thing that isnt safe one....
11-22-2004 01:41 PM
Malrog

I've uninstalled the toolbar despite Lop's own installer not working & despite Patchou's own instructions not working.  Go here to see what happened.

Sorry if cross-threading is banned here, I thought it might be helpful.

Malrog
11-22-2004 02:25 PM
habfan

I can't download the uninstaller file. When I click on the link i'm told "your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded". I change my security settings to low and it still didn't work. I have no firewall or anything to be causing a problem...any help????
11-23-2004 02:37 AM
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
In reponse to people complaining that the sponsor program comes back after two days of uninstallation, I would like to remind you people that in order to successfully uninstall the sponsor completely:
1) Internet Explorer must be closed at all time during the uninstallation
2) No ad-ware removal program or registry monitoring programs are running (ie. ad-watch)

if those two requirements are not met the sponsor will not uninstall correctly. Another reason why the sponsor may be coming back is because some "system utility program" may be restoring the changes done during the uninstallation, hence "re-installing" the sponsor, try disabling those utilities

the reason we cannot give out a list of files related to the sponsor for you to delete manually is that:
1) the file names are random (meaning they are different for each comp)
2) there are hidden files which you can't find
3) i don't know where these "hidden" files are (hence "hidden")
4) deleting them will be useless since the sponsor can repair itself
therefore, giving out a list of files related to the sponsor is not a solution the problem here
Cow juice...
11-23-2004 04:06 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: