What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » adaware program...

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
adaware program...
Author: Message:
Leif

81 / Male / –
RE: RE: adaware program...
quote:
Originally posted by John4300
im also pretty annoyed... if i reinstall plus without sponsor, the sponsor comes still :S

Try this:
Close down Internet Explorer. Uninstall Plus! Re-install Plus! WITH the sponsor program. Close down Internet Explorer (if it's running). Uninstall Plus! again. Re-boot and install Plus! but this time WITHOUT the sponsor program.
Any change after this? The sponsor program still comes on?? If so, perhaps you got it from something else and not from Plus!
11-16-2004 05:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
whippingboy

RE: adaware program...
Darn right... it IS annoying because these people just don't seem to understand...you can tell them a hundred times that you have un installed messenger, and tried their little uninstall programs, but then they just keep telling you to do the same thing!

Why not just tell us how to manually delete it?  Answer:  Either they have no clue how, or they don't tell you on purpose because they want you be a prisoner of Lop.com!

As I have already said...  "How many different ways can I tell you... THE UNINSTALL PROGRAMS DO NOT WORK..  I tried using their uninstall programs and installing and uninstalling messenger just like you guys say too... still the ad bar comes back!  Furthermore, for those who mistakenly install the adware, and use adaware or similar utilities because they have no idea how it got there, it leaves us in quite a bind, doesn't it?  How the hell am i supposed to get this thing off??????"

If you use Ad aware to try to remove lop you make it impossible to remove with those uninstall programs and by uninstalling the messenger.  What a load of crap.  I just might make my own website dedicated to how big a load of bull this is.

11-16-2004 10:45 PM
wj
Former Admin

I aim to misbehave.

39 / – / Flag
Using Adaware removes some of the files installed by the sponsor, but not all of them. The problem arrises when the uninstaller looks for the files it expects and it cant find them it thinks the sponsor program has been un-installed. It's a saftey measure so that in the event another program uses or installs a similar file with the same name and the sponsor isnt installed it wont damage the other program.

IF YOU ARE SURE IT IS MESSENGER PLUS:

Re-install Messenger plus WITH the sponsor program. Restore it back to the adware enabled version.

Now, Un-install the program through the "Add/Remove Programs" panel in your windows controll panel.

This will remove any adware associated with messenger plus. If there is still adware left after that process, Look back at the websites you've visited recently, programs you've installed, etc, and try to find where it came from. It it's still there after a proper un-installation of Messenger plus. It's not comming from Messenger Plus.

On behalf of the forum staff, We're sorry that your having troubles with Adware/Spyware, but we can only equiped to help you with the messenger plus related adware.
"A towel is about the most massively useful
thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."
11-16-2004 11:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
whippingboy

I have used Lop's uninstall programs and tried adding and removing other Lop software, even though I never installed any.  The fact is simply that if you use ad-aware or spybot, etc after installing Messenger Plus to get rid of the adware, you won't be able to remove it.  I wish I could, but it comes back every time I remove it with Lop's uninstallers or by installing Messenger Plus.
11-17-2004 01:28 AM
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by whippingboy
As I have already said...  "How many different ways can I tell you... THE UNINSTALL PROGRAMS DO NOT WORK..  I tried using their uninstall programs and installing and uninstalling messenger just like you guys say too... still the ad bar comes back!  Furthermore, for those who mistakenly install the adware, and use adaware or similar utilities because they have no idea how it got there, it leaves us in quite a bind, doesn't it?  How the hell am i supposed to get this thing off??????"
i'd like to point out that uninstalling messenger does NOT remove the sponsor, but uninistalling Messenger Plus! does.
Cow juice...
11-17-2004 02:24 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
whippingboy

OF COURSE i was uninstalling messenger plus!
11-17-2004 03:22 AM
wj
Former Admin

I aim to misbehave.

39 / – / Flag
He was just making sure. At this point I think that Patchou should take a look at your situation and reply acordingly.
"A towel is about the most massively useful
thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."
11-17-2004 05:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Not using Adaware is not something we say justfor the fun of it. When you want to uninstall a software, do you use a third party to do so? why would youdo it for legitimate adware programs then?

Disable any anti-adware program you may be running, reinstalling Messenger Plus! with the sponsor, launch its uninstaller from Add/Remove program and when asked, anter the 7 digits confirmation code. The sponsor will then be removed entirely and that's guarenteed. I cannot be help responsible for things other software such as Adaware do on your system while pretending to help you.
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-17-2004 07:20 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
whippingboy

Tell you what.. I'll try totally un installing ad aware, spybot, AVG antivirus, zone alarm, and then un install messenger PLUS.  Because I've already tried everything else.  I'll let you know what happens.  As it is I've been trying to un-install this for the last hour and a half.  And, by the way, I only used Spybot to try to get rid of the toolbar because I had no idea where it came from.  I finally figured out it was the Messenger plus my wife installed.
11-17-2004 07:40 AM
The One

I am the Alpha and the Omega.

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by whippingboy
Darn right... it IS annoying because these people just don't seem to understand...you can tell them a hundred times that you have un installed messenger, and tried their little uninstall programs, but then they just keep telling you to do the same thing!
There is a very good reason for them saying that...

IF. You uninstall all the stuff, the WAY THAT PATCHOU HAS SAID, and it's still there, it isn't from Plus!  End of story.  You seem to get annoyed at people saying the same things over and over, then you just want to ignore what they are saying, over and over.
-B.
11-17-2004 07:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: