What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » adaware program...

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
adaware program...
Author: Message:
user503
Disabled Account

RE: adaware program...
removed

This post was edited on 07-09-2016 at 02:34 AM by user503.
11-17-2004 07:59 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
whippingboy

quote:
Originally posted by The One
There is a very good reason for them saying that...

IF. You uninstall all the stuff, the WAY THAT PATCHOU HAS SAID, and it's still there, it isn't from Plus!  End of story.  You seem to get annoyed at people saying the same things over and over, then you just want to ignore what they are saying, over and over.

LISTEN HERE:  I have been to Lop's website, and have searched in my ad/remove directory for every one of their programs... and there are NONE there.  Period.  Also my wife recently installed messenger plus so don't get smart with me young man!  I have been working on this for weeks and hours today; I have now un-installed AVG antivirus, ad-aware, spybot, and Zone alarm!  After that I re installed messenger plus with the sponser just like he said, then went to add/remove menue and removed it.  Restart system and it still comes back every time! 

Also, It took me days to figure out this thing came from messenger plus so don't even try to say it's MY fault for using adware removal tools!  The thing just simply will not go away and it's driving me crazy!

2:30 am and doing what patchou still doesn't work.
11-17-2004 08:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by whippingboy
have you installed anything else than plus ^o) ? If you did, it could be a sponsor of some other program.
11-17-2004 12:34 PM
Sam Spade

<Insert inspirational comment here>

58 / – / –
quote:

Hi whippingboy,

My original response to you, posted more than 24 hours ago, was "moved" (aka split) into a 'logged-in-members-only-forum' called 'Testing and Trashing'. Therefore I suspect that you did not see, or receive any benefit from, my original recommendation and were left to waste time with steps that obviously aren't working. 

I will now repeat my original advice, albeit without using identical words, and with a few additions.  It will be interesting to see if *this* reply is also removed (cough, sorry, moved).

Get thee to http://forum.aumha.org/ (specifically the 'Parasites - Adware, Spyware & Other Scumware forum) to seek advice about your problem.

The first erroneous assumption that I see in this thread is that you may be infected with a MP version of lop.com.

The second erroneous assumption I see is that the infamous malware lop.com could only have come from Messenger Plus!

The final erroneous assumption I see is the assumption that AdAware somehow 'damaged' things.  Don't believe that for a minute.  AdAware is a very reputable programme; it is only in *some* forums that complaints are made about its veracity, safety and effectiveness.

11-17-2004 12:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: RE: adaware program...
quote:
LISTEN HERE:  I have been to Lop's website, and have searched in my ad/remove directory for every one of their programs... and there are NONE there.  Period.  Also my wife recently installed messenger plus so don't get smart with me young man!  I have been working on this for weeks and hours today; I have now un-installed AVG antivirus, ad-aware, spybot, and Zone alarm!  After that I re installed messenger plus with the sponser just like he said, then went to add/remove menue and removed it.  Restart system and it still comes back every time! 

Also, It took me days to figure out this thing came from messenger plus so don't even try to say it's MY fault for using adware removal tools!  The thing just simply will not go away and it's driving me crazy!

Did you have your internet browser fully closed (total exit...from taskbar and systray also) when you uninstalled? Note: something that is in use can't be removed.

quote:
Originally posted by Sam Spade
The final erroneous assumption I see is the assumption that AdAware somehow 'damaged' things.  Don't believe that for a minute.  AdAware is a very reputable programme; it is only in *some* forums that complaints are made about its veracity, safety and effectiveness.
Using Adaware (or any other spy-/adware remover) will remove parts of Plus! sponsor therefor cripling the uninstaller of plus! sponsor. This has been tested over an over.

This post was edited on 11-17-2004 at 12:51 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
11-17-2004 12:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
My original response to you, posted more than 24 hours ago, was "moved" (aka split) into a 'logged-in-members-only-forum' called 'Testing and Trashing'.
testing and trashing is considered SPAM/OFFTOPIC. so, to avoid bad reputation just cause it's there (yes people gave a bad reputation because of that), it's made members-only.
quote:
Therefore I suspect that you did not see, or receive any benefit from, my original recommendation and were left to waste time with steps that obviously aren't working. 
you make me laugh :D if it worked for hundreds of users (i should really log #msgplus.fr on IRC), and now you're saying it doesn't work?
quote:
I will now repeat my original advice, albeit without using identical words, and with a few additions.  It will be interesting to see if *this* reply is also removed (cough, sorry, moved).
lol. it should be, as it gives all false info.
quote:
The first erroneous assumption that I see in this thread is that you may be infected with a MP version of lop.com.
if the solution doesn't work, it's not MP, right? :S
quote:
The second erroneous assumption I see is that the infamous malware lop.com could only have come from Messenger Plus!
where did you see that? ^o)
quote:
lol. who are you to say that? a programmer? LOL.
11-17-2004 12:49 PM
John4300

O.P. RE: adaware program...
holy sh** its back AGAIN and i have to reinstall plus and unistall it with sponsor AGAIN!!! duhhhh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just give the files so i can get rid of it.... OR are plus on for money and it dont care what MySearchNow does or what it contains???  -.-
11-17-2004 03:58 PM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
ADAWARE WILL DAMAGE THE SPONSER PROGRAM
AdAware removes most parts of the messenger plus sponser, but it dosent remove all of it. Therefore, when you try to uninstall the sponser THE PROPER WAY, there is major chunks of the sponser missing, so the "real" uninstaller decides that the program is corruprted and WILL NOT uninstall the rest of the sponser. that is why you SHOULD NOT use AdAware to remove the sponser.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
11-17-2004 04:51 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
whippingboy

quote:
Originally posted by John4300
holy sh** its back AGAIN and i have to reinstall plus and unistall it with sponsor AGAIN!!! duhhhh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just give the files so i can get rid of it.... OR are plus on for money and it dont care what MySearchNow does or what it contains???  -.-

I know exactly what you are saying john.  I did everything they said, including shutting all browser windows, re installing program with sponsor and removing it... un installing all adaware and such programs, uninstalling antivirus and firewall programs... and still it won't remove... it keeps coming back on start up and I have not downloaded any other software from lop... I've searched my add/remove programs and any other programs are just not there... still they refuse to tell me which files to delete.  I have been working on this for weeks and late into last night... they still refuse to say what files to delete... I've already tried everything else for hours and it's the only thing left I can try... I'm at the point where I will go to other websites that suggest places to make changes in the registry, etc.. it's all I can do.
11-17-2004 06:20 PM
whippingboy

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
quote:
My original response to you, posted more than 24 hours ago, was "moved" (aka split) into a 'logged-in-members-only-forum' called 'Testing and Trashing'.
testing and trashing is considered SPAM/OFFTOPIC. so, to avoid bad reputation just cause it's there (yes people gave a bad reputation because of that), it's made members-only.
quote:
Therefore I suspect that you did not see, or receive any benefit from, my original recommendation and were left to waste time with steps that obviously aren't working. 
you make me laugh :D if it worked for hundreds of users (i should really log #msgplus.fr on IRC), and now you're saying it doesn't work?
quote:
lol. it should be, as it gives all false info.
quote:
if the solution doesn't work, it's not MP, right? :S
quote:
where did you see that? ^o)
quote:
lol. who are you to say that? a programmer? LOL.

It worked for hundreds of users... but obviously for some it isn't as I have been working on this for hours upon hours.  So I wouldn't be so quick there to laugh, buddy.
11-17-2004 06:25 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: