What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Worst $80 bucks spent EVER!

Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Worst $80 bucks spent EVER!
Author: Message:
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Worst $80 bucks spent EVER!
Title says it all. Back on August 16th I preordered Halo2. What a big let down this was. The game has many bugs. The AI is stupid as hell and the game, as good as it was, was short and too easy to beat.

I personally feel the game was rushed. With FMV seens not being 3D rendered right away causing objects to appear as blocks, and Visible/Invisible dead characters. (I shot a guy with the snipper and he lay dead, so I moved to look somewhere else a few inches away and the dead guy was gone, so I looked back where he was dead and he reappeared.) The first time I loaded the game and started a Campaign the game wouldn't load, it just sat playing music at the loading screen. So I hit back and tried a few times before I was actually able to play it.

Now don't get me wrong but the game play was awesome, the ability to fire 2 guns at once is amazing. The graphics are amazing as well but when a game is hyped so much to the point of being getting the the title " The God of all Games" you expect a bit more from something. I personally feel the Bungie (Microsoft) let us down. I don't know about the rest of you but I am pretty disgusted.

The ending is pathetic and predictable, but I wont spoil it for those who haven't beaten it yet.

Matty

This post was edited on 11-12-2004 at 08:28 PM by matty.
11-12-2004 08:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Worst $80 bucks spent EVER!
I haven't yet got very far, but I do agree that the rendering takes to long, but personally, I think the AI is awesome, and the abilities that both sides have got are amazing. Bungie did a good job at creating this game. I haven't really had any problems whatsoever with the videos, loading or anything, the game for me is absolutely great, apart from the rendering in the fmv's of course.
11-12-2004 09:25 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
surfichris
Former Admin

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
but I do agree that the rendering takes to long
The specs of the Xbox, I mean like its generally only a 733mhz (right?),  compare nothing to PC's these days which is why the rendering takes so long..
11-12-2004 09:28 PM
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Worst $80 bucks spent EVER!
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
The specs of the Xbox, I mean like its generally only a 733mhz (right?),  compare nothing to PC's these days which is why the rendering takes so long..

Oh really? :tongue:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=335488]
The picture is real!
We got this computer from 1996 :D

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
The ending is pathetic and predictable, but I wont spoil it for those who haven't beaten it yet.
You beat it in one week?!?! :shocked:

By the way i havent got it yet...
But I may...
I dunno right now... :S

.jpg File Attachment: ummm.JPG (31.7 KB)
This file has been downloaded 536 time(s).

This post was edited on 11-12-2004 at 09:41 PM by Mike.
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
11-12-2004 09:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Worst $80 bucks spent EVER!
quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
You beat it in one week?!?!
Try 3 days, and the first 2 days I played max 4 hours combined
11-12-2004 09:44 PM
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
Oh really?

The picture is real!
We got this computer from 1996
he was talking about computers these days, not computers of 8 years ago :rolleyes:. Xbox is 3 (?) years old so the games they create now for Xbox have to use the technologie of 3 years ago while games created for pc can use more up-to-date technologies. That's why you can't compare the games anymore.

This post was edited on 11-12-2004 at 09:47 PM by Kryptonate.
11-12-2004 09:45 PM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
Well I beat Halo2 in 3 days too, but it was more like 5 hours first day, 9 the second, and like 7 the third day.  The game loads fine for me, and the fact that it has over 2 hours of just cinima's, is just awesome, thats like a full feature film.  The opening cinima being 15 minutes long was also cool, it could have been better though.  The FMV's could/should have been worked on alittle bit more.  When/If a X-Box2 comes out, the game will prob. work ALOR better, since the tech. will be newer then the game.  But one can only hope...
11-12-2004 10:26 PM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
I think the game is pretty awesome.
The story is solid, game play is good, and IMO the AI isn't too too bad (though I chucked a grenade near a brute, he yelled "WATCH OUT, GRENADE!" then just stood there :P). My only real let down is that there is no ability to choose what game you want yo play on LIVE without creating a private game and inviting people manually.

Overall I think it's good, though there are several points where they should have worked a little more on.

Overall:
9.8/10 is my verdict.

BTW, I haven't really been trying to beat the game, but I don't know why you're taking so long. I'm on level 11 of 15 and I've only spent about 6 hours on campaign...

quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
  When/If a X-Box2 comes out, the game will prob. work ALOR better, since the tech. will be newer then the game.  But one can only hope...

The Xbox 2 IS comming out (Xenon), but word is it will use a different type of media, meaning there will be no back support for Xbox games...

This post was edited on 11-12-2004 at 11:19 PM by .blade//.
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
11-12-2004 11:15 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Worst $80 bucks spent EVER!
My problem with the AI is that they will get stuck trying to run through a wall and you just walk up behind them, plant a plasma gernade and run like hell.
11-12-2004 11:31 PM
Vantage

Bam

– / Male / –
The Xbox 2 should show up around somewhere January 2006
Never Hope. Always Wish.
11-12-2004 11:42 PM
Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »