What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Worst $80 bucks spent EVER!

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
Worst $80 bucks spent EVER!
Author: Message:
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: Worst $80 bucks spent EVER!
Firstly, There is no confirmed Halo 2 for PC (and if there will be, it will be late 2005 AT EARLIEST).

Also, Cookie, I was stating that that's how much me/Matty paid for Halo 2 collector's edition, not how low you could get it for.

Also: If you buy the game in store, don't expect to get a discount :dodgy:
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
11-14-2004 11:46 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blade
Also, Cookie, I was stating that that's how much me/Matty paid for Halo 2 collector's edition, not how low you could get it for.
I replied to your statement that prices don't change, this also implied that your $80 would be roughly $80 everywhere...

Maybe my quotes of you didn't made that clear what I meant with it, sorry for that...

But my mean point is: look around before you buy, prices do change and are (very) different from store to store.

Of course, this doesn't apply to hard core fans who want everything at first hand as soon as possible, no matter what the costs are (not meant negative btw; I also bought stuff which I really wanted for lots of ping-ping while I could've waited or looked around first for cheaper prices).

quote:
Originally posted by blade
Also: If you buy the game in store, don't expect to get a discount
Why not? I already know of one store here that will have a discount on Halo2....

This post was edited on 11-15-2004 at 01:00 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-15-2004 12:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pipish

not really active anymore.

31 / Male / Flag
i personaly am looking forward to getting the game but is it worth trading thug and nsfu for it????
[Image: fcliverpoolfan2xo.gif]
[Image: roosters4yg.jpg]
11-15-2004 07:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
ive made up my mind and im gonna go get it :-P Im waiting for my moms friends to come visit her so she brings along the game :-P

So far this is my list.. what else should i add
Halo 2
Halo
Fable
11-15-2004 04:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
martin

37 / Male / –
im just going to rent the game, since i dont play my xbox very often.  to me the whole thing was a waste of $200
11-15-2004 04:29 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by DureX
ive made up my mind and im gonna go get it :-P Im waiting for my moms friends to come visit her so she brings along the game :-P

So far this is my list.. what else should i add
Halo 2
Halo
Fable
Wise choice of games mate, they're all awesome, although Fable finishes to quickly if you don't do all of the quests.. but heres a hint, if you don't skip the credits then you get to carry on playing, rather than not being able to play again... this way, you can complete a load of stuff aswell :).
11-15-2004 05:20 PM
Joe

35 / Other / Flag
Of course the AI is going to be horrible on Normal or easy.......:dodgy: and don't give me that "i was playing on legendary" $|-|!+
[Image: holidayssigei2.jpg]
11-15-2004 07:16 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by atownjoe
Of course the AI is going to be horrible on Normal or easy.......:dodgy: and don't give me that "i was playing on legendary" $|-|!+
agreed. the AI in heroic is a bitch to surpass. and, besides a few minor bugs on my game, i haven't noticed anythng weird.
quote:
Originally posted by NoName
I played Halo 2 multiplayer at a friends.

Suprisingly the controls were fairly simple for such a clogged controller. Only the "L" and "R" buttons and a control stick were really needed to play.

I didn't like the weird motion control/veiw control though. You have to use two seperate joysticks , one for walking and one for turning/aiming. It would of been easier to use Metroid Prime based controls.  I ended up using the energy sword or something like that the entire time for simplicity of control.

With the energy sword , no horrindous aiming is neccessairy and its a one hit kill. (Or perhaps it was my Zelda kicking in)

Overall it was an alright game , But it wasn't worth the huge fuss.
lol. you make me laugh, really. just cause you can't play it doesn't mean the game is shit. there is something like "settings", you know? ;)

and, blade, trust me, there always is discount even one month after :rolleyes:
11-15-2004 07:26 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by atownjoe

True, but surely if the AI isn't very good on it, as in they walk into walls and stuff and are stuck there, then its not really going to change much in Legendary in that region, the combat will change a huge amount though i'm positive.
11-15-2004 07:26 PM
Joe

35 / Other / Flag
apparently you haven't tried much legendary....
whole new experience.... and yes, they learn how to avoid walls in legendary and heroic :dodgy:
[Image: holidayssigei2.jpg]
11-15-2004 07:33 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: